Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 106 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
Yesterday at 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#226438 - 01/02/11 06:54 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: LadyCFII]
virtualbrenda Offline
Expert

Well I can only say what I think by the trial. It won't work on my 'game' machine (netbook), but will work on my work PC. Unfortunately I won't have time on that to handle those rascal heathens. laugh

I would have purchased the game if it worked, and I think LDW did a wonderful job on it. The graphics are lovely, and I think the idea of making everything hard (even lighting a fire!) really good as it makes you work more in the game.

Regarding the heathens, and where you want to take your ideas from that, I view all games as that, games. I trialled a game that killed animals to get past certain levels, and didn't like that so didn't buy it.

We just need to be happy with the games content for ourselves, and either buy it and be happy, or pass and find something else. It's not related to anyones post in general, but I did think there could be some different thoughts on VV5 as some of the innocence has gone - which didn't bother me.

Great job LDW. And please, make sure your mystery game will work on netbooks. blush

#226452 - 01/02/11 10:20 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: VVFanatic]
Darian Offline

I've been a big fan of the VV games, but on this one I'll pass. While it's only a game, I find the concept offensive. Surely, a team this creative could have come up with a better storyline.

#226458 - 01/02/11 11:23 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Darian]
CherryDrops Offline
Adviser

Well, back to that yellow rascal kid. He is apparently holding my villagers back from harvesting, now. I woke up to find them almost completely out of food (had 41 food in storage, with 38 villagers who need to eat) though the noni bush and the farm had ample food to harvest. He was standing in just a way that when they either went to harvest or were bringing food back, he'd run them off. That little guy is annoying me so much. I hated to have to use the bees on him, but my villagers have to have food.

#226464 - 01/03/11 12:33 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: CherryDrops]
msnana Offline
Expert

Cherry don't feel bad. I have stung him with bees and struck him my lighting. I just dont like him.

#226466 - 01/03/11 12:37 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: msnana]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
He is definitely a little brat, uhhh rascal! When I need him/her to stay out of my villagers way for a while
Click to reveal..
I release butterflies on the opposite side of the village. Seems to keep him busy longer.

#226478 - 01/03/11 02:50 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: MissKathy]
Kibirah Offline

I don't come out of hiding often, but I thought I'd give my two cents.
I'm a heathen in rl smile Once, the local Baptist church tried to frighten me into converting. So I wasn't particularly thrilled with the concept of 'converting the heathens' first.

Then I started thinking it through a bit more. I guess my interpretation is that they are faithless in a more literal sense, that they have had some great misfortune and have forsaken all gods, spirits and other deities. The totems are not religious necessarily, more of a symbol of the smaller clans within the tribe, a sign of ownership.

And these little guys are failing miserably at surviving.(Weeping Master Farmer gets to me more than he should)My first thought? Oh man, did I curse these guys? Is this my divine vengeance, did I make the ground barren, put a hex on the ailing healer?

But again, I stopped and thought a little bit more...Our tribes die instantly without my Godhand guiding their every move. There have been tribes I have to babysit on the *hour* to keep them from dying off. And these heathens, they have no guidance only their wits. Our villagers have always been sorely lacking in that department wink

So the heathens, they are badly in need of help, help I can't give them until they have some faith in me again. My villagers have to be my hands and words for me.

Another thought I had, maybe the masks aren't "real". Because they have no faith in God-me, maybe I can't see the heathens as they are. All I can observe is their behavior and basic personality.

And lastly....Swarm of beeees 8D HAHAHA YEESSSSS

#226480 - 01/03/11 02:56 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Kibirah]
CherryDrops Offline
Adviser

msnana, I'm starting to not like him, too, and now another, older heathen is always following him around, so it's even worse.

MissKathy, I might have to try that instead.

Click to reveal..
I was luring him away with children villagers, but since he chases them back to the middle of the island, it doesn't distract him for long and he's still in the area where he causes problems.

#226503 - 01/03/11 05:14 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: CherryDrops]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
When it comes to the "little rascal," I really prefer to use
Click to reveal..
butterflies. They use less energy than the other powers, and do him no harm. They also last longer than most of the more drastic methods.

On the subject of religion, conversion, totems, etc, I think some people are reading too much into it. First it's just a game not real life. Second the "heathens" have lost their "faith" in Isola and the Guiding Hand. The player's task in this game is simply to restore their faith in the fictional place called Isola, and the Guiding Hand.

Edited by LadyCFII (01/03/11 07:34 PM)

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#226504 - 01/03/11 05:21 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Rockmower]
Pinkfish Offline
Expert

Loc: Liverpool
My mother calls me a heathen .. because I am an atheist ... as an an atheist I would not have Idols to destroy i do not out anyone on a pedestal .... as for the game I am hooked love it ... even that annoying little tyke and she has lost me 4 rare items .. but that is the fun .. they will turn up again .. probably!! ..... I am trying not to use the guide .. I like a challenge!

#226507 - 01/03/11 05:37 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Pinkfish]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
Originally Posted By: Pinkfish
as for the game I am hooked love it ... even that annoying little tyke and she has lost me 4 rare items .. but that is the fun .. they will turn up again .. probably!! ..... I am trying not to use the guide .. I like a challenge!
Before I let a child start even pick up a collectible, especially a rare one I pause the game and clear the path of heathens. Caution, Don't use bees to clear the path! If you do the child will drop whatever they are carrying as soon as they hit the swarm! eek

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

Page 4 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter