Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 222 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#226237 - 12/31/10 11:39 AM Activate Button Not Working
xman Offline
Adviser

Loc: London, England
Well I returned to find VV5 Up and running so I instantly downloaded it. After My Hour of play was up I decided to Buy the full version. However When I try to click the activate Button to insert My Activation Code It doesn't do a thing. I keep clicking every now and again but nothing appears... Does this have something to do with internet connection?

Please Help

#226241 - 12/31/10 02:19 PM Re: Activate Button Not Working [Re: xman]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
We have seen a handful of reports over the years from people who try to activate one of our games, but the unlock button does not work. In one or two of those cases, the problem was due to a corrupted download, and re-downloading the game resolved the problem. In most cases, though, the problem was that JavaScript wasn't enabled. Microsoft has a support article on the subject of a corrupt jscript.dll file that sometimes interferes with enabling JavaScript (you can see it here).

If your problem is still not resolved, you should try minimizing all open windows to see if the code entry window is behind other windows. If it's not there, we will need some more information: Have you used this particular computer to install and activate other LDW games, and did they work? What version of Windows are you running, and what security software are you using? If you have another computer available in your household, you could try installing it and activating it there as a test.

#229103 - 03/05/11 12:04 AM Re: Activate Button Not Working [Re: xman]
Dao Offline

I am having the same problem, I just had to adjust my dep setting to be able to play the demo. After purchasing the game and my hour is up, the unlock and buy buttons do nothing. I have disabled any pop up blockers and javascript is enabled. I am running vista, and I had vv 4 on my computer, just the demo and after a while it seemed to encounter this problem as well. I will be trying to see if I need to update/replace any java files and testing it on another computer in my home. Thank you for your time.

#229120 - 03/06/11 02:05 AM Re: Activate Button Not Working [Re: Dao]
Unicorn

What were the results of your tests with Javascript and the other computer? We were waiting for you to report back on those.

#229122 - 03/06/11 04:43 AM Re: Activate Button Not Working [Re: LadyCFII]
Dao Offline

Javascript is up to date and enabled, I can run the demo on my laptop, but didn't unlock it there in case I couldn't play it on my Desktop as well... (laptop is un-godly slow.)

#229136 - 03/07/11 09:26 PM Re: Activate Button Not Working [Re: Dao]
Unicorn

You may use your activation code on more than one computer that you personally own (see Carla's post for more information), so it could be helpful in troubleshooting this problem to know if this is isolated to only one computer.

We have seen a small number of computers that are apparently blocking the activation code entry dialog window, and we have not yet been able to determine, apart from the details mentioned above, what might be interfering with the process. We have never been able to recreate this issue on any of our lab computers.

#229151 - 03/08/11 05:18 PM Re: Activate Button Not Working [Re: LadyCFII]
Dao Offline

Alright, Well thank you for your time trying. I'll let you know if I can figure out the problem and fix it. Otherwise I'll just have to use the laptop. Have a good one.

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter