Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 291 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#210625 - 09/21/09 03:52 AM Just a Friendly Little Reminder
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
I just wanted to remind you of some often overlooked rules.

You can not put Fan Fiction in Fan Art. You may do like was done with the Royal Court Follies and have a Story Thread in Fan Fiction and a graphics thread in Fan Art.

Fan Art is intended to display your screen shots and other graphics related to LDW based topics. You are limited in the amount of text you can include with your graphics.

You also are limited in the amount of graphics you can place in a single post. The recommendation is no more than 4 graphics total or 2 large graphics per post in Fan Art. You can make followup posts as replies to the original and put more graphics in each of them.

#218180 - 02/26/10 05:33 AM Re: Just a Friendly Little Reminder [Re: Rockmower]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
Lately, we've noticed a disturbing trend in Fan Art. We've had to remove several of your pics! cry It seems a shame, that you work so hard to create these, but forget to follow the rules. frown

The same general rules that apply to word posts also apply to graphic posts. It is NOT ok to post pics that show villagers "passing gas," or other bodily functions. blush

It is also not ok to show villagers jumping from high places. It's ok to show them on roof tops etc, so long as you aren't depicting them jumping in a way where they could/would be hurt.

Remember these are "E" rated forums, and the pics must reflect that. smile Here's a little piece of advice I give the Fan Fiction Authors: "Can I show this to my Preacher; Teacher; Parents & a 6 year old child without being embarrassed?" If the answer is "No" to any of these, then you shouldn't be posting your pic. laugh

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#226096 - 12/25/10 01:54 AM Re: Just a Friendly Little Reminder [Re: Rockmower]
squishy Offline
Adviser

Whats wrong with showing villagers jumping?

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter