Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Pangaeus), 120 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
Yesterday at 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186930 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#226007 - 12/18/10 03:00 PM plant tycoon ipad feedback
auntiekim Offline
Expert

Loc: chatteris,England
I got the 'free' version from itunes, I did realise that there would probably be a need for in app purchases, but I didn't like that there is no way to get plant bucks apart from buying them, I got the 'value pack' for £5.99, but I'm almost out after 3 days, and that is without buying any of the 'speed up' items.As some of the seeds need to be purchased and you need to upgrade soil etc, I thought it to be a sneaky way of getting money out of people, -any other developer I would have deleted the game and complained like mad on itunes by now.
I understand that there will always be a charge for a full game, but the way the bucks seem to operate it could become very expensive.
As I am very familiar with the game, I don't think I am using bucks when I don't need to, but I can't afford to use the speed ups that I like to, and that means the game is slower than I like
Perhaps there could be a way to earn some bucks within the game, -maybe a reward when you find a magic plant?
Maybe one of the speed ups could be on isola bucks, even if very expensive.
Dissapointed that not all of the items are avaiable in the supply store yet, its just that when I get a game from itunes, I expect it to be finished.
To summarise I would rather pay one price for a game than have in app purchases!.

#227045 - 01/08/11 02:04 AM Re: plant tycoon ipad feedback [Re: auntiekim]
Ittakesa Offline

Yes, please. I agree completely

#230405 - 11/26/11 08:33 PM Re: plant tycoon ipad feedback [Re: Ittakesa]
gavinfabl Offline

Loc: UK
Very unhappy with how the bucks has been implemented. The game is not free or really freemium. It's actually fraudulent. If a game is free or freemium you need to be able to finish game without spending.

Please release game will everything enabled at a fixed price. Otherwise the negative reviews will continue on the AppStore.

Having played this years ago on my windows PDA , I am left bitterly upset at the current situation. Offer a paid version with all options, and I'll buy it and leave a decent review.

#230659 - 01/18/12 11:54 AM Re: plant tycoon ipad feedback [Re: gavinfabl]
Nick Toye Offline

I'm shocked that I won't be able to complete this game unless I pay extra. I would have paid money for the app, a fixed amount.

This I am sorry is just LDW taking advantage of the customer and dare I say it ripping them off.

Of course they will say that the app is free, but your going to pay much much more for 'Plant Bucks' in the long term if you are ever going to complete the game.

Also not having the Stats in app, and as indicated in an other thread, why not use a pencil and paper to keep track. That to me is just shifting responsibility for a feature.

Pedantic maybe, but it's clearly an issue which for me is tarnishing a very good game.

#231105 - 04/03/12 06:05 AM Re: plant tycoon ipad feedback [Re: Nick Toye]
boet Offline
Trainee

Loc: Alaska
I love this game on my iPad. I could never have as much fun on my windows desktop as I would be too tied to one spot. What I don't like are how the plant bucks are setup. The way I figure it you may as well purchase 150 for $9.99 "each" time you re-start the game.

For The latest Tools and all Nursary items you will need 48 plant bucks. Then those items you would want to purchase more than once come to 37 plant bucks just to get the first time only coming to 85 plant bucks.

The 150 minus 85 would give you just 65 plant bucks for seconds on chemicals and and seeds and I am sure I would want more...

So again, each time I played a new game I am spending $9.99 or more. Since this game has been made free on ITunes for iPad,etc. I do not mind paying - but not each time I start a new game frown

Maybe plant bucks could carry over or better yet earn some occasionally or just make it like Fish Tycoon which I paid for (best of all)

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter