Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 317 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186928 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#224257 - 08/13/10 02:51 AM Out of Northern Isola...
Nora Willow Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Eastern Isola
This is my first fan fiction ever! grin I really hope you enjoy it! Comments can be posted here

"Come on Isa!" called Kaldo from the palm tree. "I can't Kal! I'll fall!" Isa was only seven, but she was very fast and thoughtful. She had dark hair and silver eyes. Kaldo was her best friend. He had black hair and brown eyes and he was twelve. "Maybe if I put my hand here..." she muttered. When she was close to the top she looked towards the water and saw something strange... a raft. "Kaldo! Do you see that?" she called up. "Yea, its a raft right? There are people on it!"
The two kids rushed to the beach just in time to see the small boat crash on the outer shoals of the island. Kaldo and Isa hid behind some brush to watch the strangers approach. One of them was talking to a middle-aged woman with a child in her arms. "..all I'm saying is that we should explore this place and see if anyone's here!" The woman just shook her head, but said, "If you insist Soku." Isa started to walk forward and the brush trembled. "Who's there! Show yourself!" called Soku. The children tumbled out of the bushes in an untidy tangle. The woman gasped, "Soku! There are people here!" "What are your names, children? Mine is Soku Cloud, and this is Ferdi Elm. We come from the Northern shore of Isola." Isa replied to him saying," I am Isa Thorn and this is Kaldo Sand, this is where we live." "Are there more of you?" asked Ferdi. "Just three more of us here." Kaldo says.

As they walked towards the waterfall a young girl with light brown hair stepped out of some palm fronds. She gasped and ran back into the brush. "That is my sister Jadi Thorn, she is easily frightened" says Isa. Soku simply nodded.

When they arrived at their destination it was a saddening sight to behold. There was mostly debris and overgrowth surrounding the small clearing, and the huts were broken down and filthy. Out of the shadows came the child they saw earlier, now accompanied by a teenager and a three year old. The oldest stepped forward so he could come face to face with these strangers. The teenager had blond hair and a stern expression. Isa then became nervous because Jhedi was very protective. She ran forward and whispered in his ear for a minute, then ran back to stand beside Kaldo. "So, your names are Ferdi and Soku... and.. I hear you arrived aboard a raft?" he asked. "Yes, and who are you?" said Soku. "I am Jhedi Sky, and this is Grefu River... and I believe you've already met little Jadi." he replied. At that moment the child in Ferdi's arms let out a wail. She reddened and looked down at her child. "Shhh.. it's alright." she whispered. "What is your babies name?" asked Jadi. This was the very first time she
had spoken to these people. "Her name is Keilda Elm. My husband perished on the way here." she told her sadly. "Oh, I'm sorry." said Jadi. She backed away and ran towards the waterfall. "Where is she going?" asked Soku. Isa shrugged. "We could help you, couldn't we Soku?" said Ferdi. "These children are all alone. It's the least we can do!" she whispered to him. Soku thought for a moment, then looked at the children. "All right then. We will help you if you will allow us." he said to them. The baby in Ferdi's arms started to cry again and at that time Jadi rushed back into the clearing and placed a type of vial in the woman's hand. "Thank you." she said and smiled at the five year old. Jadi reddened and stepped back toward her friends. "Let's get to work then!" said Soku. He led the children over to the water fall to explain what they would do. "All the children as old as fourteen will start a new task. You may pick from either building, researching, or farming. So Jhedi, what will you chose as your task?" Jehdi thought for a moment. "I think I might try building." he said simply. So Soku pulled Jehdi over to one of the damaged huts and showed him how to build. After about a half hour of teaching him this he started out to begin research, which was Ferdi's specialty, but seeing as she was still taking care of her child, he did the task for her. In a few days she would be able to preform her job so he could focus on farming. There were so many different things here that he had never experienced before... maybe things would turn out ok...

Edited by Rockmower (08/16/10 03:40 AM)

#224312 - 08/17/10 12:16 AM Re: Out of Northern Isola... [Re: Nora Willow]
Nora Willow Offline
Consigliere

I hope you enjoyed chapter one! I really enjoyed writing this, so I hope you like it! smile

All I heard was a scream. I ran towards the waterfall, and saw nothing. It was pitch dark, the moon had vanished. I was alone in the village, everyone else was sleeping.
Why hadn't they heard the scream? A flash of movement caught my eye. I heard a splash and hid behind some bushes.
Then I heard voices, calling me. "Isa! Isa! Get up!"
I jerked awake. "Wha-?" I started. "Shh..." said Ferdi "You'll wake everyone up!" she whispered.

It was my day to lead all of the children into searching for bugs, mushrooms and shells. I groaned. It was my least favorite task. It had been about a year since We discovered Ferdi and Soku on the beach.

Kaldo had turned fourteen a couple of weeks ago and joined Soku in farming. But, just a few days ago the water started appearing green and slimy, some kind of algae was growing in it, and no matter how hard we tried we could not fish!

So now we were running pretty low on food. Jehdi is now an Adept builder and has tried his hand at researching. He is doing pretty well at it too and is trying to find a solution to this problem.

Meanwhile, Ferdi's child, Keilda is now running around, helping us find collectibles and mushrooms. She is very sweet, and has short cut, brown hair. She is usually very quiet and energetic. Her mother is very happy and adores her. My sister Jadi follows Keilda around everywhere. She is becoming fast friends with her.

Soon I'll turn nine, and I hope maybe I'll be able to learn a bit about healing, because the herbs look very pretty.

--Later--

Ferdi finished the second hut after lunch and we all celebrated around the fire tonight. Soku and Ferdi told everyone stories about the Golden Child, and all of the mysteries of the island where their ancestors lived before they lived on the Northern side of the island. My favorite story was when they carved the huge sparkly stone. They said it looked like a man, carrying, something, though they're not sure what exactly.

Now, its almost dusk, and we are all heading towards bed. Before I go to bed I run over to the lagoon to look into the water. Kaldo joins me. We are silent for a moment. "I had a bad dream last night," I told him. "What happened?" he asked. I told him about hearing a splash in the lagoon, and someone calling my name.

"It's just a dream though... right?" he said. "Maybe...." I said. He acted like he was going to say something more, but at that moment I hear a scream, and then I saw something fall into the lagoon. Two shapes emerged and, I couldn't help thinking about my dream. Then, darkness.

Edited by Rockmower (08/28/10 06:17 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling mostly

#224705 - 09/04/10 02:44 PM Re: Out of Northern Isola... [Re: Nora Willow]
Nora Willow Offline
Consigliere

Here is chapter three! It's a bit boring, but it will pick up in the next chapter! Enjoy! laugh
I found myself in the research hut with people surrounding me. My head hurt horribly, and I was laying in my bed. Kaldo was the first to speak. "Are you ok Isa??" he said.
I groaned, "Kind of... my head hurts really bad." Ferdi came up to me and felt my head. "You don't have a fever, so maybe your just in shock." she gestured behind her.
"Why would I---? Oh..." I saw two people I had never met before. A blonde woman, and a black haired man were watching me. I sighed. " Oh, great, now I'm sycic?" I said to myself. Ferdi heard what I said and gazed at me questioningly. "This is kind of odd, but I had a dream about this.." I told her about it and she nodded. "Sometimes, this happens, little one. It just means that you are both pure in mind and in heart, and most definately, you have a destiny to follow. She smiled thoughtfully at me. My mind was swirling inside my head and I wanted to wail like a small child. I didn't want
to have a destiny! I wanted to stay here. Soku interrupted my thoughts by saying, "This is Jannel Comet, he guestured towards the blond woman, and Tykil Comet, he guestured towards the man." They both greeted me warmly.
I smiled at them. There was something strange about their faces... like I had seen them before. I blinked, so as to clear my mind. Then I asked the question everyone had been thinking of for days, "How are we supposed
to get rid of the algae?" We all thought for a moment. " I think we will have to find a new food source." said Jehdi. We all gazed at the ocean. The fish we had once had, had grown on us. We didn't want to change food sources.
But we had to in order to stay alive. "I saw something earlier!" said Grefu, he was now four, and noticed everything. "I saw a coconut on the ground near those thorns!!!" he exlaimed. He ran out of the hut and we all followed.

He pointed up at the tree. It was one that we had climbed up to see Ferdi and Soku's raft a couple years ago. "We can't climb that! It's too high up!" said Tykil. "Yes we can, we've done it before." said Kaldo. He showed them how to climb the
palm tree. Soku was impressed with him. "You could be a good builder. Usually the best builders are good at strategies."he said. Kaldo smiled at his praise. So now we had a new food source. We all celebrated with coconuts and what little
fish we had left. But Ferdi says that it won't last for too long, so she tells me shes going to need another researcher, and winks in my direction.

--The next Day--

Ferdi starts teaching me small things, because small things can lead up to very large ones, she says. So she tells me about the food chains to start with, they are very confusing, but from what I learned, we are usually at the top.
She doesn't teach me a whole lot everyday because she says there is too much to learn in just one day. At the end of our third lesson I ask her if it would be a good idea to teach the little children lessons. She thinks for a minute then nods at me.
"That is a very good idea, Isa! I will ask Soku about it." so she stands up and walks off to talk to him.
I start to walk down the beach and I think about what Ferdi said yesterday. It makes me sad and I put my hands to my head and cry a bit. Then I keep walking down the beach and when I get to the end I sit down, near the shrubs.
I hear something inside my head and consentrate on it. "You will do great things, little one, great things..." Then, out of nowhere it starts to rain.

#225592 - 11/07/10 07:39 PM Re: Out of Northern Isola... [Re: Nora Willow]
Nora Willow Offline
Consigliere

smile This is the last chapter, I put all the rest of the chapters into this, so enjoy!

After the rain stopped,it was almost dawn. When I got out of the hut I walked along the beach-- I had found that it was a good place to settle my feelings. When I was almost halfway down the beach my foot bumped into something small. I studied it for a moment, then deciding that it wasn't anything that would injure me, I brushed the sand off and picked it up. Looking at it, I saw it was a vial filled with a color I had never seen before. Somehow I knew what I needed to do with it, so I popped off the cork and drank half of the blue substance. After of a few minutes of nothing happening I started to walk again. I looked out to the ocean and something caught my eye. I peered at my hand and saw a bright light coming from it. After a few more seconds it started to spread around my body.
It didn't hurt, but I was a bit fearful, because I had never encountered it before. Then, out of nowhere I started to rise and head towards the water, as though there was a strong current, pulling me. I screamed for help, but by the time they reached the shore, I was halfway out over the water. Then, I saw Kaldo pick up the vial as though he knew what to do and drink the liquid. "No!" I screamed at him, but to no avail. He started to shine, and then rose and was pulled the same way I was. Now we were both in trouble.

(Next Chapter)
It was the afternoon and we were still flying. I didn't know how Kaldo was, but I knew he was still in the air because I think I saw a speck about 300 feet away. I had shouted to him couple times, but I don't think he heard me.
So now the sky was getting darker and I could see fog ahead. I was fixing to give up hope on ever seeing land again, when some of the fog cleared ahead of me. I saw thousands of trees reaching up in the air and was excited about landing. Only that landing came too soon.
I started to drop towards the water, and I screamed. I fell head first into freezing cold water. The force of the impacted dazed me for a minute. After a minute of drifting with the tide I started to go upward, but I wasn't swimming. When I hit the surface I felt something holding me up. I opened my eyes tentatively to see a porpoise staring at me curiously. I blinked at it and it blinked back, knowingly. It started swimming slowly towards shore with me on it's back.
When we got to shore I was tired and wet and my only instinct was to rest, so I crawled where the tide wouldn't reach me and slumped onto the sand, instantly asleep.

-- Morning --

The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was Kaldo. He was looking at me worriedly. I half-smiled at him and he sighed with relief. "I thought you were dead" he said. "I wasn't." I replied. He just rolled his eyes. After a few minutes he asked, " So... where are we?"
"I don't know." I answered.

(Next Chapter)
We were heading up the mountain, to see if we could find somewhere to stay for the night, and of course to find some food. It was starting to drizzle rain when we found a small cave. It looked dry so we went inside. I had found a couple mushrooms while we were walking, so I put them in the corner. I looked around the cave to see if there was anything to do. I found a rock and started to scrape it against the wall. It didn't give me much to do, but it was better than nothing.

I had dozed off sometime after dark; Kaldo and I ate some mushrooms to settle our growling stomachs, but it didn't really help. Now it was sunrise, and I got up off the cold, stone floor and stretched. I looked outside and saw the sun was already up. I thought for a minute. Ferdi had told me that the sun rose in the east, and set in the west, so I was pretty sure now we were east... wherever we were.

Kaldo joined me outside and after a while we ate the last of our food and set off up the slope. After a while we found a stream and collapsed beside it, too tired to go any further.
So, we stayed there a few hours. Then we looked around to see what there was here. I saw a huge clearing, that seemed empty. It was surrounded by the stream, which made a circle around it. I slumped in the very middle, tired enough to stay there for days. And then, the glowing began again. I didn't see it myself, but Kaldo did. He looked at me helplessly as I turned into the tree. He slumped down and started crying. I wanted to help him, but of course I was a tree and had no movement of my own. Soon he left back the way we had come. And I stayed for nearly a century in the clearing alone... then one day a tribe of villagers came through.

The end smile I am sure you know the rest.

Edited by Rockmower (11/16/10 03:39 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling

Moderator:  Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter