Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 77 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#225194 - 10/08/10 07:29 AM [SPOILERS] NEWS in your village!
Midii Offline
Adviser

Loc: Isola
Hi, saw a thread like this in Virtual Families. Thought we could use one here. Here's where we can all share what's going on in our Virtual Villages. I'll start.
I've been training two of my villagers to be master parents. It seems that they go around embracing the men the moment their babies can run around! smirk
My chief is getting very old and sick. I'll probably have to get a new one soon.
My farmers are busy stocking up the food supplies--i've just unlocked 2 puzzles,
Click to reveal..
the rose key and the fish supply.

That's all. I'm looking forward to seeing your news!

--
cheers, Midii

#225318 - 10/17/10 04:31 AM Re: [SPOILERS] NEWS in your village! [Re: Midii]
thena Offline

Hi Midii,
I've just unlocked my latest puzzle (orchard). I'm also done upgrading all my tech and I'm building the clothing hut.
I was wondering if anyone here could give me some tips on how to get triplets since there are no baby boosts in Virtual Villagers.

#225322 - 10/17/10 05:30 AM Re: [SPOILERS] NEWS in your village! [Re: thena]
Midii Offline
Adviser

Sounds great, thena. I'm afraid I don't know how you can get triplets, maybe someone will reply and tell you soon.

#225327 - 10/17/10 03:37 PM Re: [SPOILERS] NEWS in your village! [Re: thena]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Go to the Tech Screen and click the "?" for Medicine Tech. Read the description for a clue about getting triplets.

#225346 - 10/17/10 11:29 PM Re: [SPOILERS] NEWS in your village! [Re: LadyCFII]
horsecrazy123 Offline
Expert

Loc: None of your business, lol
My villagers died...I kinda abandoned them frown because (surprise, surprise) I finally forced myself to get a life a.k.a. school started, lol. I actually quit the forums for nearly a year, my 8th grade year. *sigh* good times....but back to news. Yea, my village died, but I'm possibly starting a new one.

#225349 - 10/18/10 09:35 AM Re: [SPOILERS] NEWS in your village! [Re: horsecrazy123]
Midii Offline
Adviser

thena
I read the hint LadyCFII mentioned, and I've put it below in a spoiler tag. If you want to, you can take a look.
Click to reveal..
'Advancements in medicine significantly increase longevity and fertility rates'. I guess that's your answer then! Upgrade your medicine.

I'm also guessing that it has a bit to do with luck. Since I upgraded all my tech to Lv.3 yesterday and saw a significant increase in twins (3 pairs overnight!) but no triplets. I'll keep you informed if I do get them.
horsecrazy123
That's sad! Hope you start your village again and keep us posted. Where were you originally up to?

#225350 - 10/18/10 10:06 AM Re: [SPOILERS] NEWS in your village! [Re: Midii]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
I'm also guessing that it has a bit to do with luck.
Quite a lot of luck, rather than "a bit". smile As in Real Life, triplets are rare in VV.
Click to reveal..
Apart from getting Level 3 Medicine,
there's nothing else you can do but hope.

#225361 - 10/19/10 05:58 AM Re: [SPOILERS] NEWS in your village! [Re: arnie]
Midii Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: arnie
Quote:
I'm also guessing that it has a bit to do with luck.
Quite a lot of luck, rather than "a bit". smile As in Real Life, triplets are rare in VV.
Click to reveal..
Apart from getting Level 3 Medicine,
there's nothing else you can do but hope.

grin And even if you do purchase
Click to reveal..
Level 3 Medicine
, you mostly get twins according to my past experience, so I guess that contributes even more to the 'luck' element!

#225364 - 10/19/10 08:52 AM Re: [SPOILERS] NEWS in your village! [Re: Midii]
thena Offline

Hey thanks for replying everyone. I'm still trying to make triplets with no luck. The best I got was twins.
Is there a 'best' age that is most likely to produce triplets? Do younger villagers have a better chance than the older ones? Please keep me informed!
I was also wondering how you make the spoiler tags.

#225367 - 10/19/10 10:12 AM Re: [SPOILERS] NEWS in your village! [Re: thena]
Midii Offline
Adviser

Quote:
Hey thanks for replying everyone. I'm still trying to make triplets with no luck. The best I got was twins.
Is there a 'best' age that is most likely to produce triplets? Do younger villagers have a better chance than the older ones? Please keep me informed!
I was also wondering how you make the spoiler tags.

hi thena, this is how you make a spoiler tag:
switch to the full reply screen, and click the button (a capital S with a slash through it). Put your spoiler in between the two brackets.
A faster way to make spoiler tags is to type in your spoiler message, then put this in front: []spoiler (put the word 'spoiler' into the brackets, I didn't put it in because it will create a spoiler tag) and put this after your message: []/spoiler (again, put /spoiler into the brackets).
So if you do it correctly,
Click to reveal..
you should be able to make plenty of tags like this!

To make a spoiler inside a spoiler, put this in: []spoiler []spoiler, []/spoiler, []/spoiler (put into brackets).
Click to reveal..
Have fun making
Click to reveal..
plenty of spoilers inside spoilers, and if you want to make another spoiler tag, just add another []spoiler []/spoiler! PM me if you have any more questions.

#225394 - 10/22/10 10:00 AM Re: [SPOILERS] NEWS in your village! [Re: Midii]
Midii Offline
Adviser

Great news, thena! I got my first set of triplets!

#225395 - 10/22/10 10:40 AM Re: [SPOILERS] NEWS in your village! [Re: Midii]
thena Offline

Originally Posted By: Midii
Great news, thena! I got my first set of triplets!

Wow! Can you tell me more about it?
BTW, thanks for the info about spoilers!

#225399 - 10/22/10 05:31 PM Re: [SPOILERS] NEWS in your village! [Re: thena]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
Congratulations, Midii!

Are they or: ?

#225409 - 10/23/10 10:59 AM Re: [SPOILERS] NEWS in your village! [Re: laurence]
Midii Offline
Adviser

Thanks laurence smile. They're and really cute. I love the way they're always doing things together! I tried to upload the screenshot but unfortunately the file size is too large.
thena, I had to upgrade my meds to Lv. 3. The villager I used was about 20 years old.

#225427 - 10/26/10 03:18 AM Re: [SPOILERS] NEWS in your village! [Re: Midii]
mysteryshrimp Offline
Trainee

So, does a Master Parent have a better chance of having triplets (on either or both sides) than a parent of lower skill levels?

#225429 - 10/26/10 09:05 AM Re: [SPOILERS] NEWS in your village! [Re: mysteryshrimp]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Not especially. I've seen several mothers whose first babies have been triplets - it's more difficult to see the fathers, of course. As already mentioned, it's down to luck.

The only slight advantage a master might have is that he or she is more likely to have babies in the first place, so the odds are less.

#225430 - 10/26/10 10:18 AM Re: [SPOILERS] NEWS in your village! [Re: mysteryshrimp]
Midii Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: mysteryshrimp
So, does a Master Parent have a better chance of having triplets (on either or both sides) than a parent of lower skill levels?

Hi mysteryshrimp, I don't think so, it's more to do with the medicine and luck elements than anything else, although, as arnie said, having a master parent does give you a better chance since they are always getting pregnant.
However, I personally don't recommend having a male master parent as your village can get out of control and become over-populated quickly since he will make babies with all of the females.

#225598 - 11/08/10 05:09 AM Re: [SPOILERS] NEWS in your village! [Re: Midii]
thena Offline

just about the triplets again...i've upgraded to lv3 tech and tried again and again to no avail. Any special way you drop the male on the female/female on mail or any tips on baby making? thx

#226299 - 01/01/11 01:39 AM Re: [SPOILERS] NEWS in your village! [Re: thena]
crosstitcher Offline
Expert

Loc: w. Tn
I have had 3 set of triplets in my 5 tribes.
I just returned from the holidays, by the way, BELATED Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all, and found 1 of the 5 tribes DOWN to a set of triplets.They WEREN'T there when I left. Now ALL the adult villagers have died. Now it's up to the 3 triplets. They are 3 yrs. old. 2 boys and 1 girl. I made the girl chief. I found she can "bury" the dead, make a fire, stand on the lift, which I found out , she DOESN'T plant, but when you put her to "harvesting", she will "guide" work, picks mushrooms and collectibles and makes "magic" food.
They were in the "weaken" state of health, but she made "magic" food and now they are a "little" bit better.
I went away for awhile today and came back and they are 9 yrs. old now. So "maybe" they will "survive" to their teens and work.
In the other 4 tribes, I STILL haven't been able to get a master builder BEFORE either the builder dies or chief dies, BEFORE I can get the tech pts upto the 125,000 level to do the statue. Still trying though.
Like I said earlier, BELATED Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.

#228198 - 01/30/11 04:23 AM Re: [SPOILERS] NEWS in your village! [Re: crosstitcher]
Tane Offline

Loc: north carolina
I haven't ever updated or posted news here, so I will write a kind of a synopsis about my tribe- from when I started it to now.

Puhi- He is- was my oldest villager. He was a prominent member of society, a master builder, farmer, and scientist. He loved doing science; whenever he was not assigned to a particular task, he would research. He got most of my tech points. Puhi got the seven thousand I needed for leadership, by himself, in his forties. Puhi was in love with Bora. He was the second to die at age sixty.

Mikeka- She was my first chief. In the beginning of her life, she was an adept farmer. I had all of my villagers of the Ailier tribe line up at the amphitheater to try on the robe. She was the fourth to put it on. Since she was the fourth, I wanted to rename her as Quatrieme[French for four], but I'm on my iPod. I called her Quatrieme in my head, though. She, as well a Bora, had a fancy for Puhi. She was the first to die at age fifty-six.

Maya- Ah, the forbidden lover. Ever since she was twenty, Maya would hang around with Piko, who will be mentioned later. She would always stand by him when he was ill, assist him in building something when no one else wanted to... Maya was programmed for Piko. Where ever he went, she would go. Alas, she never did get to have a child with him. Women bore children until the population was too much to support with one house. By that time, she was forty-six. I had all of the builders work on that hut until it was finished... But by then it was far too late. By that time, she had had her fiftieth birthday. Maya never got to experience the love of Piko. She also adored honey, harvesting only that, until it was gone.

Piko- Piko was many things. A father, a builder, a scientist, a farmer, a doctor, a lover. Piko worked all day, and all night. He was always healthy. Piko had children with Bora and Mikeka. He loved Maya.

Bora- Bora was a useless chick who was always carrying a baby. When she became fifty, she took up a job as a researcher. She is a master scientist. Bora never really accomplished anything in life. She loved looking at fishies, and was usually the only one observing sea life.

Bora II- Bora always loved science. From the time that she was a small child, to now, she would be in the lab. When she was little, the first thing she ever did was snoop around in the alchemy room. She is now a proud mother.

Lapo- Lapo was made to farm. His favourite thing to do as a child was enjoy the orchard. Now, he gathers fruit and studies herbs. Lapo was always also fascinated by construction. He likes to drink rain.

Natui- The only thing he ever did was build. The first action he ever had was 'watching people work'. Lapo is certainly useful and is very kind to the young children, often telling them tales of the ancestors on the island Isola.

Siki- Nothing much to say here. Siki has always been the pretty, model-type girl that I've noticed other women try to look like. Once, I had an event that involved clothing, and some women of the tribe got the same outfit as her. She keeps her trim body by building.

Yasawa- Yasawa is the go-green villager. Everything she wears is obviously made from some leaf. She researches and gathers herbs for the scientist in her free time, when she isn't constructing something or moving boulders.

Atoro- Atoro is the picture-perfect manly-man in the village. He has perfectly parted hair, and eyebrows that actually aren't connected. He doesn't wear a shirt. Atoro, uncharacteristically, is a scientist more that he is a builder.

Palanke- Palanke is a bottle of anger just waiting to burst. She absolutely refuses to associate with anyone, ever. She has black hair with neon stripes. She wears dirty, stained clothing. Palanke has dyed her hair this way, suggested by her rusty, orange eyebrows. She's probably the first emo person ever. Palanke spends her time venting her anger on sticks and rocks. She is a master builder.

Naioti- Naoiti is perfect. She is a doctor, she has flawless looks, and she has never had children. Naioti has prettily-combed auburn hair. She prides herself in her white clothes- 'pure as the ocean'. She is nice to everyone.

Yasawa II- Yasawa II is much like Palanke. She looks just like her, acts just like her, and, in fact, is her younger sister. She follows her everywhere. She is twenty at the moment I post this. Yasawa is not a parent, but loves to embrace and flirt with the men.

Poi- Poi, very similar to Yasawa, is a copy of his older sibling. Poi looks like Atoro. He is as nice as Atoro. Poi is very kind, and likes to explore the village. He enjoys building.

Jibo- Jibo sticks out like a sore thumb. He is no one else. Jibo hates crabs, avoiding them at any cost. He will go to drastic measures to get away from any crab. Jibo is a bit obsessed with Soda.

Soda- The new chief. After Mikeka died, Soda took over. She was the cutesy little girl with a cute face and a cute dress, but now she is the very picture of power. Soda loves being around Jibo. They're best friends.

#228249 - 01/31/11 03:56 AM Re: [SPOILERS] NEWS in your village! [Re: Tane]
Tane Offline

Loc: north carolina
What a shame... Maya just died. She was on her way to the honey, making the trek from the boulders to the nest. It refilled, and the first thing she did was harvest it. She got it to the granary, and passed.

#229358 - 03/31/11 06:29 PM Re: [SPOILERS] NEWS in your village! [Re: Tane]
VFLover09 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: North Carolina
My tribe is recovering from the disaster found here.

Udu is chief, they now have a population of 20 and 63000 food. smile

I'll post updates soon! laugh

#229362 - 04/01/11 06:44 AM Re: [SPOILERS] NEWS in your village! [Re: VFLover09]
they8pizza Offline
Trainee

Loc: Wisconsin
A few weeks ago I got a tsunami event. It claimed the lives of every female villager under 50. I keept it going. Everytime it looked like it was over a canoe came. I got probably like 4 or 5 of them. I was just waiting for an event that instead of mocking me would allow me to get the population back up. Today luck struck. I got a barrel of babies! Then later one an event came up allowing one of the girls from that barrel to be a mother at 14. My persistence paid off.

#230290 - 09/18/11 02:42 PM Re: [SPOILERS] NEWS in your village! [Re: they8pizza]
Vampire Offline

in my first tribe called "Vampire" all te peeps died except Hok'Ee
he's 36 years old and is a farmer since he was 14, that's the only thing he want to do farming. i'm still hoping for an advent that gives me woman.

in my second tribe called "the Sharks" i just start a new game
so they work hard to get enough to stay alive.

#234914 - 06/06/13 11:53 PM Re: [SPOILERS] NEWS in your village! [Re: thena]
VV3 girl123 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: The Wild West
Originally Posted By: thena
just about the triplets again...i've upgraded to lv3 tech and tried again and again to no avail. Any special way you drop the male on the female/female on mail or any tips on baby making? thx

Well, since you already upgraded to level three medicine All I can say is keep trying!! grin grin grin Note: I had my first trips with a blond girl and boy, though I doubt that it had anything to do with it wink

#235299 - 06/19/13 07:02 PM Re: [SPOILERS] NEWS in your village! [Re: Midii]
VV3 girl123 Offline
Consigliere

Well, we just finished the statue!!!! Took.... 1145 Isola years to finish! Yeah, LOT'S of generations lived to see the statue broken. Oh, yeah and I also finished all of the puzzles. So you could say I'm done with the game, but I still need a couple of awards smile

#235324 - 06/20/13 08:19 PM Re: [SPOILERS] NEWS in your village! [Re: VV3 girl123]
VV3 girl123 Offline
Consigliere

******************NEWS FLASH*****************************
1.Mr. Peku is 71 and is a Jack of all Trades! We will always remember the day he came to us in his canoe. Now the guiding hand fears he is near the end of his life.
2.The tribal chief gives a speech " I am now old and frail and almost dead so, I am calling my bestest friend Mr. Peku's son to be Prince! When I and Mr. Peku are dead, Prince Peku and his mother Queen India will rule! "
3.We have now reached the population of 100!

#238213 - 05/07/15 08:51 PM Re: [SPOILERS] NEWS in your village! [Re: VV3 girl123]
AriaSparkle Offline
Expert

Loc: Playing Virtual Town
What's happening in my village:

So, Ariki sadly died at the age of 61 an Isola year ago which shrunk the population from 8 to 7. They have about 22,000 tech points and 514 food. They have also completed the
Click to reveal..
orchard
puzzle a couple of years ago, and by how fast they are earning tech points (or at least, when I'm there) they're going to be at 50,000 soon, which means I can get nature level 2!

#238475 - 10/11/15 10:47 PM Re: [SPOILERS] NEWS in your village! [Re: AriaSparkle]
AriaSparkle Offline
Expert

Loc: Playing Virtual Town
The population of my village is growing, and it's currently at 84. I have finished almost all of the puzzles, except the statue and black circular key. All is running well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter