Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 101 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#224190 - 08/10/10 05:15 AM Re: VV Facebook bugs [Re: emri]
MCroft Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Austin, TX
Likes and Dislikes don't seem to have any effect (esp "Running". I made a point of selecting the one who liked "Running". smile

When I dropped a villager in the river, he "swam" halfway home through the grass
http://whiterose.org/test/swim.png

Sometimes (but not every time) when I click and drag long distance, the drag event stops when I stop moving the mouse. Other times, it continues to act like it's clicked. (Sorry if that description is unclear).

Lots of people are worried about the age of their villagers on Facebook. If it's like VV[1-4], then there's a risk that anyone who doesn't have a girl child may age out soon, given the population cap of 5.

Edited by MCroft (08/10/10 05:24 AM)

#224236 - 08/11/10 03:29 PM Re: VV Facebook bugs [Re: MCroft]
emri Offline
Master

Loc: Land of oz,Ks
My son-in-law is my nieghbor and the skeleton i brought to life is on his island,not mine.I would call that a bug.

#224285 - 08/15/10 01:31 PM Re: VV Facebook bugs [Re: emri]
emri Offline
Master

I played the game for quite a while today,and i noticed some changes.The villagers dont walk backwards any more.I wondered why thy somtimes stand around and wave at you,i noticed they had run out of berries and coconuts to harvest.I bought more berry bushes,and cocanut trees.I am playing other betta games on facebook,and VV is the only one that looks like it is going to be a huge game.I know when Arthur gets it fixed,it is going to be great.

#224299 - 08/16/10 09:28 AM Re: VV Facebook bugs [Re: emri]
Jessl Offline

I just started the game and my two villagers gained farming experience. After I invited friends to the game, all of the experience was gone.
Its a fun game though!

#224300 - 08/16/10 10:21 AM Re: VV Facebook bugs [Re: Jessl]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I'd say that these are the most important things for the developers to do to make the game worthwhile:
  • Fix the population cap. At the moment we can only have one child, even if extra shacks are built. My original villagers are now in their 60s, with the son in his 40s. It may be too late to save my tribe already.
  • Fix the issue with skills and preferences not being remembered between sessions. Also, some explanation of how they gain some of the skills would be useful. I can understand parenting, farming and building, but not the others.
  • Introduce more tasks. At present it's rather boring just watching them collect food and wood, or clear away weeds, etc.
Whenever I open the game the villagers are all standing around the village with nothing to do and I have to set them all tasks gathering fruit, coconuts, and wood. Shouldn't they be progressing when the game is off?

Tasks like clearing away plants and weeds take up an energy point; in addition, some thought ought to be given to the levels: I need 500 XP (and therefore 500 energy points) to go up to the next level which will take ages at current progress unless new challenges are introduced.

The last announcement of updates/changes was made on the FB site about three weeks ago. Although it seems a few minor modifications have been made since, there doesn't seem on the face of it any attempt to address the major issues.

#224326 - 08/17/10 12:45 PM Re: VV Facebook bugs [Re: arnie]
emri Offline
Master

I think it is progressing.I think when Arthur gets it fixed,we are going to need a lot of wood,and food.I am just going to keep colecting wood and food,and level up.I think i have built enough huts.I want to be ready.

#224344 - 08/18/10 02:38 PM Re: VV Facebook bugs [Re: emri]
emri Offline
Master

I have the villagers chop trees and leave the wood piles,and have them pick the piles up later.They can chop more trees that way.when they run out of energy i get off thegame,and come bsck later.The wood piles dissapear.

#224379 - 08/19/10 08:36 PM Re: VV Facebook bugs [Re: emri]
Houjun Offline
Consigliere

I neglected my villagers and went into the game today to find them all dead. I used the resurrect on three of them but ran out of energy. I didn't want to buy more energy at that point so I just exited out of it to wait for more to appear. I just went back in and found all of the villagers alive again. crazy At least the people are moving around. But I check their status and it says they're dead and they don't do anything, even if you tell them to. Yeah, just a little bit creepy having the living dead on the island. crazy

I've also noticed that the details screen have not eliminated these dead villagers from the lineup so when I scroll through the villagers, the status from one goes onto the next one so it even appears that the healthy villagers are dead too. And that the dead villagers are healthy. crazy

I also just tried to resurrect one of the dead villagers and the resurrect image of clouds doesn't show up nor does the villager get resurrected but the energy has been taken away. crazy

Edit: I tried to resurrect one of the living dead villagers again and now my game appears to be stuck in a loop of resurrecting clouds. The countdown time for the energy amounts is counting down weird too as it skips about fifteen to twenty seconds going down. crazy

Edited by Houjun (08/19/10 08:54 PM)

Track your currency.

If you like brainteasers, you might like Braingle.

#224389 - 08/20/10 08:37 PM VV on facebook
Birdlady Offline

I've been checking the forum on facebook for the fb version of the game. There have been a LOT of issues with the game not working for a lot of people. I am one of them. One of the complaints I just read mentions that the creators of the game must have given up on the game since none of them have answered any of the questions posted for some time now (I think Aug. 4 was the last posting?) I know you all are busy and I wouldn't normally complain because I love all of the VV games so far, but is anyone out there still working on the bugs with the game and will we be able to get some kind of response whether to delete this app or not? I really want to give the game a try, and it will load, but the game page still comes up blank. Sometimes I get music and sometimes not. PLEASE help. Thanks!

#224391 - 08/20/10 09:24 PM Re: VV on facebook [Re: Birdlady]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
We are involved in the forums here and on Facebook, and we fully understand the issues. Since we are working with another developer, things are a bit complicated. We will respond as soon as we can, and we do apologize for the delays.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter