Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 87 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#223856 - 07/29/10 12:01 AM Re: VV Facebook bugs [Re: HappyPlayer]
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Loc: America's Birthplace
I am happy to report that I did not experience any of the bugs that I had yesterday. And, IMHO, the game seems to be running smoother.

I was finally able to finish the baby quest because of the fix.

Immediately after that, I got the feast table quest which went without a hitch; followed by feed the villagers, again nothing went wrong.

I'm still not able to produce anymore children. Currently have 4 adults and one 6 year old but I still get the you have reach the maximum population notice.

The preferred skill still isn't staying when you leave the game.

Also, it might be helpful to the player to give some type of hint as to what faith and healing will do. I haven't been able to find how to learn healing. It has to be there.

I was disappointed that I didn't get anymore quests nor was I able to do anything on a neighbor's isle.

A couple of quest suggestions:

Chop down and remove stumps from XXX trees. 50, 100 or whatever
Remove XXX weeds.
Tend to xxx weeds on your neighbor's isle.
Pray at xx neighbors' Idol of Life.
Pray at xx neighbors' Idol of Thunder.

Thanks, Arthur, for being so responsive.

Edited by QuickStorm (07/29/10 01:32 AM)

#223949 - 08/01/10 10:09 AM Re: VV Facebook bugs [Re: QuickStorm]
scalad Offline
Trainee

The only problem I am getting at the moment is when someone sends me a gift I accept it then I get a message to say there has been a mix up. Good game.

#223951 - 08/01/10 04:59 PM Re: VV Facebook bugs [Re: scalad]
Phoenixgal Offline

Loc: UK
Just want to say thanks to Arthur and all the devs for how much hard work they've put into all the bug fixes so far smile

My biggest issues were with it being so slow and jumpy, and clicking 'get updates' button not bringing up more than an empty white loading window......but these issues are now resolved. Removed my Windows XP and am on Linux, and now it runs like a dream wink Really smooth, loads in about 4-8 seconds, and am subscribed for updates at last lol

Hanging around on level 8 at the moment waiting for the next lot of quests. Would be nice to see the good ole mushrooms for kids to collect, and perhaps something to do on neighbour's islands? But with regards to current bugs, they're not exactly critical. I'm not bothered by the villagers 'forgetting' what task I've set them or similar small issues.

What is more frustrating is the collectibles being so few and far between. Have only found 3 in about 4wks of playing. Be nice when they're a little more regular, and would be fantastic if there was collectibles for the kids too....perhaps ones a bit less relevant than to create sundials n the likes with the adults so it is an optional extra activity. Collectibles like in the pc games would be fantastic(one of my favourite parts of the VV games), but maybe sets of 5 or 10 kids collectibles could be found which pay out with some xp on completion of a set??

Dunno, I just thought of that off the top of my head while I typed there wink

In the other VV games I amused myself while waiting for the adults to do things by searching for items the kids can collect. It could be a way to amuse the people over on facebook that are yelling and screaming about how long the energy meter takes to refill. Searching all over the island for random collectibles and mushrooms with the kid would pass the time when waiting for energy.....and hopefully soon we'll have more kids when we can have a bigger population. I know, I know, that's probably a lot of hard work to implement in a facebook game, but would deffo be one way of making the energy bar less definitive over how long you can play the game in a session, by providing something further to do while it refills. You guys probably already have something easier to implement up your sleeves, but if you don't ask you don't get eh? wink

So far so good. I'm loving the game, but currently waiting patiently for more things to do smile

#223991 - 08/02/10 04:08 PM Re: VV Facebook bugs [Re: Phoenixgal]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
What seems to be the main bug for me is that the villagers can't have any more than one child, despite my buying and building an additional hut.

The other important bug is still that the villagers don't retain their skills between sessions.

I have also got the "mix-up" a couple of times when trying to accept gifts - and lost them! I asked the sender to try sending it again but she couldn't - my name didn't appear on the list of neighbours so the system obviously thought it had been sent.

Looking forward to more quests as there's nothing much for the villagers to do otherwise ...

Edited by arnie (08/02/10 04:09 PM)

#224033 - 08/04/10 02:17 PM Re: VV Facebook bugs [Re: arnie]
Phoenixgal Offline

Loc: UK
I stand corrected......have found an issue...

Have been watching the discussions unfold over on facebook and saw a dev mentioning gaining rare loot drops by clearing trees, weeds, etc.....so I thought that this hunt might amuse me and help pass some time while waiting for the next update and more quests.

I was aware of collecting one piece of Antikythera previously as well as 2 of the Sundial pieces. So I spent a bit of time clearing weeds yesterday only to discover no loot at all. Than out of curiosity I went in this afternoon to see which pieces it was I was still to find so I would know what to keep my eyes out for, and discovered that while I still have the piece of Antikythera I now have no Sundial pieces at all any more.

Very disappointing considering in several weeks I had only came across those 3 pieces. I hope at the very least the loss of loot pieces is being tackled soon, and am keeping my fingers crossed that drops might eventually be a little easier to find than 1 every week or so too.

Looking forward to next update smile

#224053 - 08/05/10 08:33 PM Re: VV Facebook bugs [Re: Phoenixgal]
emri Offline
Master

Loc: Land of oz,Ks
When i was playing last night,the male and female were walking backwards.I guess that is a bug.I love it when they smile at you.I hope Arthur keeps that.

#224058 - 08/06/10 01:16 PM Re: VV Facebook bugs [Re: emri]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I've seen them walking backwards, too. Also they sometimes go through the motions of putting logs or food into the relevant bin while facing away from the bin.

I like their expressions, as well. There's one guy who, when I pick him up, has an expression of complete and utter amazement on his face. He must have a short memory as I tend to use him for special tasks just to see his expression. You'd have thought he'd have got used to it by now. smile He's also often loafing about "bored" so maybe he's a little simple.

#224087 - 08/07/10 03:14 PM Re: VV Facebook bugs [Re: arnie]
Muddeh Offline

I've been having some problems with mine too. When the people are walking they walk under stuff, like trees and weeds. I also can't have another child even though I have two shacks.

#224137 - 08/09/10 05:26 AM Re: VV Facebook bugs [Re: Muddeh]
emri Offline
Master

My food bin isnt showing all the food.My 14 year old girls bottom shows.

#224178 - 08/10/10 02:26 AM Re: VV Facebook bugs [Re: emri]
emri Offline
Master

My adults cant swim.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter