Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 119 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#223874 - 07/29/10 06:23 PM Aspen's Story
Kikiann11 Offline
Expert

Loc: NJ
Hi this is my first ever fanfic! It's called Aspen's story, and follows an adoptee throughout her life. Please don't be too hard on the writing; I'm writing from the perspective of a 3 year old.
The link to comment is here
Thanks for reading:

I was cold, hungry, and tired. My legs couldn’t carry me any farther. Where were my new mommy and daddy? The kids at the orphanage had said all you had to do was walk out; then you would find a new mommy and daddy. Then, I saw a great big house with a gate; behind the gate, a pretty woman with brown hair was weeding. I peered through the bars, and she let me in. “What’s your name, sweetie,” she asked, “and where are your parents?”
“My name is Aspen. I am three, and I don’t have any parents.”
“Well, that can’t do! You have to live with me! Come in, we’ll get you cleaned up.”
I followed her in, and she cleaned me up, and fed me. The kind lady’s name was Sooniana, and she had short brown hair with a bow, and a dark dress. She lived alone.
It was very nice living with Sooniana. She had a dog named Max, and a pool, and lots of toys for me to play with. She was very lonely though, until one day she got an email that made her very happy.
“Aspen, I just got married! Come on; let’s go meet your new daddy.”
My new daddy was very nice. His name was Akor, and he was very nice to me. He had dark brown eyes and hair, and a grey shirt. He and Sooniana kissed, and they asked me for some privacy. I went to go play with my toys in my room for a few minutes, and then I heard celebrating. I ran into the room, and I found out I had a new baby brother. His name is Gregur.

#224111 - 08/08/10 03:01 PM Re: Aspen's Story [Re: Kikiann11]
Kikiann11 Offline
Expert

Hi! This is part two of Aspen's Story:

A few years passed, and I went to kindergarten at home. Gregur was only two, and he liked to run around when I was studying, which was annoying. Gregur was very cute, with short brown hair and eyes, and my parents spoiled him with stories and candy. Then, one night at dinner, they kept talking at the end of the table, and then, they put Gregur to bed early, but they said that I could play with my toys for a little bit. I was playing when my parents called everyone to come to the bedroom...there was a new baby there! Everyone went to celebrate the new baby, who was named Kikory.
The next morning, Sooniana refused to do any housework, even repair the floor she had been working on. All she did was make Gregur and me breakfast, and read magazines all day. Maybe babies weren’t as great as I thought they were. Akor was busy with work, so he put me in charge of Gregur. We decided to play Hide & Seek. “Go hide, Gregur.” I said. Then I decided to go swimming, but I saw a coin on the ground! I picked it up and went to the computer, where I sold it online. I kept running around the house and found tons of collectibles. I even taught Gregur how to find them. While I was on the computer one day, I discovered a game. It was where you had to help castaways run a village. I now spent all my time playing with my villagers, and soon solved lots of the puzzles. Gregur, who was too young to understand but he watched me play till he got dragged away by the Guiding Hand.

Edited by Rockmower (08/10/10 06:49 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling & content

#224199 - 08/10/10 02:55 PM Re: Aspen's Story [Re: Kikiann11]
Kikiann11 Offline
Expert

A few more years passed, and as I was approaching my 9th birthday, I got twin brothers! My parents named them Bengu and Spot, and they are very cute. Even though I love my brothers, I sometimes wish for a sister. For my birthday, I had a big cake, which was sent by the guiding hand and called a “mod” cake. It was very good. We also danced to all my favorite songs, played games, and swam in the pool. Then, we had my presents. I got a white dress with polka dots all over it that fits me perfectly! I felt so pretty when Akor called me over to show me my other present, which was the sequel of the game that I have been playing! It’s amazing! I can’t wait to play it, but Akor says that I have to study before playing.
The next day, when I was in the pool, I spotted a coin! I ran over to it, and even though we already had it, I took it, because the Guiding Hand taught me how to sell collectibles online. When I got to the office though, I had to wait for Gregur to finish selling his coin and help Kikory sell a leaf he found. When I was finally done, I checked the collectibles chest, which I was the (unofficial) ruler of. I was surprised that we had almost all the collectibles already, except for the bugs. I was no good at finding bugs.
That night, while I was watching TV, the Guiding Hand turned it off. “Hey!” I said. That was my very favorite show, and it was a new episode! The guiding hand forced me into my bedroom and dropped me onto my bed, but I went back to the TV. She turned it off again, and then brought me back to my bedroom. “I don’t wanna go to bed!” I said, and I went to send her an email. She tried to drag me back, but after I asked her, “Can I just check on my villages before going to bed?” she left me alone, and went off to chase my brothers. I had just started my second game, and I had my tribe make a fire and go fishing. Wow, they gave me unlimited food in the beginning! What a great game! When I was done, though, I went to bed, even though I wasn’t tired, and my brothers came in soon after. Later, I heard my parents’ door close, and thought that in the distance, I heard the Guiding Hand take a picture of my family as we were sleeping, and go “awww” at the picture.

Edited by Rockmower (08/11/10 11:34 PM)
Edit Reason: spelling mostly

#224243 - 08/12/10 03:00 AM Re: Aspen's Story [Re: Kikiann11]
Kikiann11 Offline
Expert

It’s Gregur’s 9th birthday today! The twins, who are 2, cause so much trouble! They jump on the bed, bang dishes and roll in the dirt! Even so, they’re so cute with their matching tracksuits running around. I beat my second Virtual Villagers game, and am saving up for the third game with collectable money. I also found the BEST website ever, the LDW forums! I love talking to other fans and being able to post pictures of my tribe. I’m even working on a fanfiction. Even though the guiding hand disapproves of my brothers using the computer, she lets me go on my village and on the forums, mostly because I think that she wants to chat with me on the Shout Box, but I don’t know if that will happen. Anyway, back to Gregur’s birthday. It was also my parents’ wedding anniversary, so we ordered an extra large cake, and got it delivered, along with a box that wasn’t for us, but we opened it anyway, and found some lovely paintings, that looked like my game. We gave Gregur a nice bunch of ripe bananas and a mango. I also made my parents a card. We had a big pool party, and then we had hamburgers for dinner. Afterwards we were so tired we went right to bed, even me. I was so tired I didn’t even check my villages. That night, I got in my bed, and had the strangest dream.
I was in my yard, and there was the last collectable I needed to buy the third Virtual Villagers game. I ran towards it, but it kept jumping away. Finally, it fell into the pool, and I jumped in after it. Then, when I came up, the coin was a mushroom, and I was at the south shore of Isola. My villagers welcomed me, and I ran around, and then jumped into the Lagoon, and I was the Golden Child, and the villagers worshipped me, then I ran through the cave and fell through the waterfall, and the villagers danced around me, and then I touched the mosaic, and I woke up, and realized that I was touching the paintings in my parents’ bedroom. I tiptoed back to my room and tried to sleep, but laid awake, thinking about my dream.

#224253 - 08/12/10 10:38 PM Re: Aspen's Story [Re: Kikiann11]
Kikiann11 Offline
Expert

I’m 14 now! I feel like an adult! I was able to cook my own birthday dinner and made my own cake. Since 14 is such a big birthday, I got an encyclopedia and a mango (my favorite fruit). I also got the fourth installment of the Virtual Villagers series. I can’t wait for my villagers to clear the stream! While I was waiting for my villagers to finish, I read my encyclopedia, so I like running now! The guiding hand likes to have me run around, cleaning the house.
I almost forgot to mention that I have a new baby brother! His name is Harry, and my Sooniana is still nursing him. She says that it really helps to have another adult around. The twins at 5 are still mischievous, and I have to make sure that they are studying. Since it is boring to watch even my brothers’ study, I have gotten into reading for pleasure when my Guiding hand doesn’t need me. My favorites are mystery novels, fantasy novels and tabloid magazines, which I have to hide from the rest of my family (they don’t approve of gossip). I also like to chat online, through the forums and other chat services. My new best friend’s screen name is Kikiann11, and we chat late into the night, because my Guiding Hand never seems to drag me into bed when I am chatting.
I still like to collect, but it isn’t as important to me now that I am an adult. We’ve found almost all the collectables except for a few rare twigs and the bugs. My little brothers also like to collect, and took over for me. Sometimes I feel lonely, despite my online friends, and wish that I could see other people, not just my brothers. I want to see a girl my age. I guess I only have 4 years to go until I get out of the house.
Oh yeah, one last thing. I wrote a poem about my original village:
Their world is small, a south shore of an island.
Their struggle for survival is mine also.
Their lives molded, shaped by their creator.
Their population grown, their children raised.
Their workers are strong.
They live because of me, the Guiding Hand.

I also wrote a story, but I don’t want to share that. That night, I thought about how my life is the same as my villagers- small and secluded. I felt angry that I was so limited, that I have never left the house. But then I realized that being in my little village meant that I had a guiding hand that cares about me.

#224372 - 08/19/10 01:13 PM Re: Aspen's Story [Re: Kikiann11]
Kikiann11 Offline
Expert

Hi! This is the last part of Aspen's story as a child. I am unsure whether or not o continue, so please post in the comments thread if you want to hear about Aspen's adult life!

I am going off to college in a few short weeks! I won’t have time to write, so this will be a temporary goodbye. I am going to major in Computer Studies, and cannot wait to work in an office! I am also excited to meet my peers, and though I still enjoy the forums and the Virtual Villagers series, I am ready for a new experience. Harry, the youngest, is 4, and is a little troublemaker, who is aided by the twins, who are 9. Kikory is 13, and can’t wait to be an adult. Sadly, I won’t be there to celebrate his 14th birthday with him. Gregur, the oldest boy, is 16, and we are as different as possible. He likes cooking- I detest it. I like running- he likes walking. We hardly ever get along, and we have to share everything! I have to share everything with my brothers, and never get any privacy! Luckily, my parents are done with kids, and are instead focusing their pursuits on work. We just got a treadmill, which makes me very happy, and I can walk on it for hours and not get bored.
I still like to read when my guiding hand is busy, and I read out loud to my brothers every night. I pick from my large collection. I have read everything except for my impressive collection of tabloids to my brothers multiple times. My parents are slowing down, so Gregur and I share most of the chores, such as cooking and putting away the groceries. We have to do this, whether we like it or not, because the Guiding Hand makes us. Oh well. At least I don’t have to deal with 2 year olds constantly running around.
My Virtual Villages have taken a backseat to college applications and packing, but I still maintain all of my tribes. I recently got into drawing my villagers, and have a couple pictures here. I have also downloaded both Plant Tycoon and Fish Tycoon, and while I am not very far in, I love them. I still love my villages, but I am afraid that I will have to end them before I leave for college. The old computer will still have the copies, though, if I come back. Hopefully, there will be a new installment for me to play. Oh! I almost forgot to say that we finally finished the coin collection! I am proud to say that I found the final coin.

Goodbye, for now.

#225850 - 11/25/10 03:38 AM Re: Aspen's Story [Re: Kikiann11]
Kikiann11 Offline
Expert

Hi again. I haven't posted in a while because I was really busy. Anyway, I decided to continue Aspen's story. I hope the writing is okay. Please give feedback in the comments thread. Enjoy:

It was sad to walk into the house again without my parents to welcome me home. They passed away at the same time just two weeks ago, and I was told they left me the house. As I walked up the path, I was reminded of the first time I came up, all those years ago. Sooniana had welcomed me with open arms, and raised me like her own daughter. I started to cry. No. I couldn’t cry. Once I started, I wouldn’t stop.

I walked into my old room. The beds were cool to the touch and slightly dusty. It had been years since anyone had slept in them. I straightened the toys that were scattered around the floor. My own children would play with them. I turned around and closed the door as I exited the room.

Next, I walked down the hall and peered into my parents’ room. Well, it was my room now. I took one step in and saw an old family portrait. It was taken right after Harry was born. I forgot that I had that dress when I was fourteen. When I saw my family smiling down at me, tears formed in my eyes. Luckily, the guiding hand chose that moment to have me put away groceries.

The old fridge was filled up with food. My parents had obviously prepared for me. When I was done, I went to clean, but there was nothing to clean. The house had been kept immaculate since I was a small child. My guiding hand sent me to the office. I had become an Engineer, and was ready to start work. After completing several successful work cycles, I took a break.

My guiding hand must have gotten inattentive. As I was cleaning the dusty desk, I found a stack of boxes. They held the disks of my Virtual Villagers games. I smiled. They brought back such good memories. When I opened the cases, the games were there, but they were so old, they couldn’t work anymore. I logged on to the computer and went onto the LDW website. It had been so long since I had played the games. Impulsively, I bought the first game and started to play. It was addicting, and I played late into the night and had to be forced into the bed by my guiding hand. Though I had resented it then, I really loved my guiding hand and had missed it for the past several years.

Edited by Rockmower (12/09/10 05:40 AM)

Moderator:  Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter