Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 87 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#223767 - 07/27/10 12:37 AM VV Facebook bugs
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
We are attacking bugs on this game as fast as we can. If you see a bug that...well bugs you, please post it here. We may already know about it, but better safe than sorry.

#223797 - 07/27/10 06:30 AM Re: VV Facebook bugs [Re: Arthur]
Houjun Offline
Consigliere

It's not a big deal for me, but I've found that no matter how many times I click a preference for my villagers, the next time I go into the game, it appears that I've not selected a preference for them.

Also, sometimes when I switch between tabs on Firefox, I go back to find some or all of my villagers walking in place and the hand frozen as well. If I move the mouse, I can see other things being highlighted but the hand doesn't move until I click on something else. The people also do not become unstuck until after I click and drag them elsewhere.

Another problem I have is that I can't see the mouse moving around after I click on the quests and try to go to click on OK. I've also had that problem after clicking on the shop. This doesn't happen all the time though so I'm not sure why it's done it.

Edited by Houjun (07/27/10 06:44 AM)

Track your currency.

If you like brainteasers, you might like Braingle.

#223802 - 07/27/10 12:06 PM Re: VV Facebook bugs [Re: Houjun]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Several of the bad bugs (especially one of the most important - the babies disappearing between sessions) seem to have been fixed now.

As Houjin says, the issue with villagers' preferences not being saved is important. I've been routinely checking their preferences but each time I reopen the game they are lost.

Progress in skills aquisition also didn't seem to be saved, although when I opened the game last night I was surprised to find one of the villagers was a 'genius' farmer. The others were all novices, though.

I haven't seen the same problem as Houjin when switching tabs in Firefox, but I do see something similar when first loading the game. Although the game seems to be fully loaded, there's a delay of 15-30 seconds until it becomes responsive. I generally wait until the sound effects start before trying to use the game. Perhaps a 'loading' progress bar could be added to the screen for a short while?

I'm not sure if it's a bug or by design, but, when an item is bought from the store, another copy is still 'attached' to the cursor and the only way I've got rid of it is by clicking to reopen the store and then closing it again. I can see where this might be useful in the multiple purchase of small objects such as fruit bushes or trees, but it works the same way with large objects like the love shack, when only one instance can be purchased anyway.

Another oddity (not really a bug) is that there seems to be nothing for the kids to do - no mushrooms or collectibles for them to find. I've tried dropping them on various objects but each time I get the 'children can't work' message. However, they do seem to be able to collect berries of their own volition - just not when dropped on a bush. In other words, they won't do it when asked, but will do it if they feel like it. I suppose that is rather like real kids' behaviour ... wink

#223811 - 07/27/10 08:38 PM Re: VV Facebook bugs [Re: arnie]
NeoAnimeHaven Offline

Hi there,

I new here and I just wanted to point out first thing.. I'm one of those people on the facebook forum you are saying "fix it now" and are basically shouting.. well I will have to say we are only trying to get someone to respond and in a nice manner.. we as a large group of people have a way of making this game stand out on facebook or sink it. Which would not be good for anyone.

I will give Zynga their dues.. they do have games that are way past this version of testing.. and no!! not every game is perfect at the get go.. but people do look for new things and Zynga is playing the energy thing to death as well as ask friends every 5 minutes to help you with something, which for me -- drives me crazy so I look for other games if I can, because I feel like I'm buggin my friends more than playing games with them..

As far as why we at the forum are upset is.. once we are stuck on a quest we can't get any father in the game.. whether we are in our first quests or 15th.. and the only thing we can do is clear wood, weeds, and flowers. And hope that you don't have that set up as a quest later on, because then we are stuck in another quest that we can't complete.. there for what's the point

Bugs that I know about and have seen people post are these..

1: Pages are now losing the mouse to move about the screen or freezing where you have to refresh to get it to work again.. this has happened to me twice, on a mac computer and using Safari 5.0

2: When you buy or try to move things you can't, because it still thinks the original is still in that spot so you have to move things far away, then move it back where you wanted it..

3: People are getting stuck in some of the quests and can't move on.. for me I've been stuck with the quest of adding a baby -- I filled all the rest of items to do.. but I must have had my baby to soon, because it never read that I had a baby. So I can't move on to the next quest at all..
Other have been stuck with the wood bin needed built, then they build it, but the quest never seems to think it has been done at all.

4: People trying to do the skeleton to revive it, takes like 4 or 5 tries, some get it done, others also did it before the quest came up and now are stuck with no skeleton to do.

5: Love shack when trying to build it, gets it built only for it to disappear or go back down in wood level and they have to get a person to complete it again.
Same goes for the festive food table..

6. Setting peoples preferences never has seem to stick, they work up in levels while you are in the game, but shut it down and go back they are back to the basics

7. Relics seems to be found only to disappear next time you open to play.. I have had this done to me once, one person had the whole sun dial completed and then lost it.

8. People seem to get lost just to do simple things like building a shack and you have to constantly drag them back to finish the work you wanted to them do..

The kid not working is really not that big of deal, mostly in the other games like this they just picked flowers, collected relics, mushrooms, etc...

People are just wanting to get a understanding of the game and I guess a outline of what this version can do..

How long does it take for a nursing mom.
How long does it take for a kid to grow.
What is the max population including babies/kids.
Can we do the quests out of order or do we have to do them in order.
Most people would like to lose the energy thing, because you only really get 5 minutes of play time.

I'm sure if you set up a main thread and had someone that checked every other day or once a week and state this.. because then you will have happier people and not all the negative reviews.. you might also want to state that this game is in a very early trial mode... but these are only my suggestions and what others are saying..

If you need a middle man, I would be happy to post a main thread and state what is happening, because i know keeping up with game is time consuming.. thanks!!

Edited by NeoAnimeHaven (07/27/10 08:42 PM)

#223812 - 07/27/10 08:45 PM Re: VV Facebook bugs [Re: NeoAnimeHaven]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I've just seen the bug when switching tabs in Firefox. As NeoAnimeHaven says, it seems to be new, otherwise I'm sure I'd have noticed it before. Some of the bugs NAH mentions do seem to have been fixed, at least for me.

A new one to me is that I got a message that I'm at the population limit when I tried to have a second baby. I therefore bought and built a third shack. However, when I tried to get them to kiss, I got the message about the population limit again! GRRRR! mad

I'd also mention that I've finished all the quests so far. Are there supposed to be more? There's also no indication on how the villagers are supposed to carry out research, or even what the benefits are. The same really goes for the other skills in the details screen; what's the faith one about, for instance?

#223833 - 07/28/10 05:19 PM Re: VV Facebook bugs [Re: arnie]
pjf Offline

Actually getting the game to load is my only problem currently. This occurs (with all Flash updates) on Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Explorer.

Sometimes I can't even get the splash screen to load, but usually the initial splash screen loads, then the "load island data" bar will quickly fill to a point (anywhere from 8% to 89%) and then hang. Waiting doesn't help, I refresh the screen and go through the same process again and again. Eventually the game will load completely and I can play.

Because of this, I've only been able to access the gameplay three times in the past two days.

Edited by pjf (07/28/10 05:20 PM)

#223836 - 07/28/10 06:42 PM Re: VV Facebook bugs [Re: pjf]
NeoAnimeHaven Offline

They are trying to do some major fixes, and that might be what is throwing you off today.. have you also tried clearing you cache on which ever browser you are using..
I know a friend of mine could not get it to go through until they did that for some reason, after that they were able to load it.. just a thought..

#223837 - 07/28/10 07:10 PM Re: VV Facebook bugs [Re: NeoAnimeHaven]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

Loc: CA, USA
I'm in the same boat as pjf. I have actually only been able to get into the game twice since discovering it because the loading screens hang up on me. I'll try again when I have a chance today.

#223839 - 07/28/10 08:33 PM Re: VV Facebook bugs [Re: HappyPlayer]
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
The forums attached to the game in facebook are quite busy. If I cannot keep up, I am going to revert to checking LDW's forums first and foremost for bugs. I know the development team is checking the facebook forums, primarily.

So basically if you post here you will be heard by me. If you post on facebook, you will be heard by the dev team, and maybe by me.

Thanks for the bug reports so far. Some of these issues are definitely known, others are being watched thanks to you.

#223851 - 07/28/10 09:40 PM Re: VV Facebook bugs [Re: Arthur]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

Loc: CA, USA
I was able to get in on my work computer. So far, I haven't run into any of the same bugs that I did earlier! laugh

Will there be a help screen later on? My peeps are weakened because I couldn't get to them. It would be great to know what methods are appropriate to revive them. confused

I will surely write here if I find anything else. Other than missing the drag-and-drop exploration, I am enjoying the game! grin

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter