Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 104 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186928 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#222489 - 06/11/10 03:05 AM Length of a year in Virtual Families time
Haunt Offline

Hey,

I just started playing VF a couple of days ago, and I'm really enjoying it! However I do have a question:

How long does (or should) it take for a year to pass in the game? I've heard rumors that it's two hours our time, but that can't be correct in my case. I've been playing since Monday, and my family starter, Purple, has only aged from 24 to 46--22 years in three days. If it was two hours per year, she should be at least 59, if not older.

I don't pause the game when I close it, and a minimal amount of time has passed whenever I open the file in the morning, so it isn't as if they're pausing themselves when I quit. In fact, I haven't paused the game at all, nor have I changed the clock to speed time up, so that's not at issue, either. The years seem to be passing at a faster rate now, but for the first couple of days, it seemed like they all aged maybe three years every 24 hours--making a year last 8 hours. When I clocked it today, the rate seemed to amount to one year every three hours.

Is two the correct number, and my game is somehow glitched? Is this a common problem with the iPod version, wherein they age slower at first but then settle into their normal rate? Is there something I can do to fix it?

Edited by Haunt (06/11/10 03:54 AM)

#222491 - 06/11/10 06:55 AM Re: Length of a year in Virtual Families time [Re: Haunt]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
Two isn't the correct number. It's approximately a bit over 3 hours (real time) per VF year. Your game is fine smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#235805 - 07/21/13 10:30 PM Re: Length of a year in Virtual Families time [Re: Xay]
VV3 girl123 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: The Wild West
um, exuse me if this is kinda off topic, but speaking of times, how long does it take for the mom to stop nursing? In Vf, and VF2

#235807 - 07/22/13 05:13 AM Re: Length of a year in Virtual Families time [Re: VV3 girl123]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
VV3 girl123, Section B Question 8 in this post will answer your question. smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter