Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 119 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#218386 - 02/27/10 03:01 AM Funny Happenings...
spinnything Offline
Adviser

I thought it might be fun to have a thread about things that are odd, cute, or funny in the game.

One of my kids must have been constipated. He sat for a VERY long time under the tree with a "nature is calling" status. Every once in a while he would stand up and then sit back down as if to reposition himself. Finally, he got up and danced! LOL!

#218441 - 02/27/10 07:24 AM Re: Funny Happenings... [Re: spinnything]
Ices625 Offline

I had one of my youngest adults repeatedly telling stories to the children to hopefully make her a master parent. I thought, "hmm, i might want her to have kids later" so I checked off the parenting skill. Once she was done with a story, while all the children were still sitting there, as if waiting for another story, she would literally run and try to embrace one of the other male villagers. I caught her at least 7 times and made her go read more stories first lol

#218443 - 02/27/10 07:52 AM Re: Funny Happenings... [Re: Ices625]
ajuma Offline
Master

Loc: South Korea
I had a couple of cute things:

Moe is 30 and he just can't resist the storyteller. Every time I have someone tell a story, he's there, towering over the little ones! He's so cute!

I just had a second boy born from the same mom. First boy's name is Poco. Second? Poco!! Not much of an imagination there! She's pregnant again and I'm anxious to see what she'll name this next one!

#218475 - 02/27/10 11:29 AM Re: Funny Happenings... [Re: ajuma]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I have a male, Nasau, set to Parenting. I saw him running to kiss a female, Vuaki. Shortly afterwards he ran up to her twin sister, Febi, and kissed her. He obviously can't tell them apart. laugh

#218649 - 02/28/10 06:44 AM Re: Funny Happenings... [Re: arnie]
EMMA2424 Offline

Loc: Louisiana
One of my little ones, "Pili" spent the entire day "Looking for Daddy" in the love shack. It was so sad!

#218662 - 02/28/10 10:05 AM Re: Funny Happenings... [Re: EMMA2424]
oldfogey40 Offline

Originally Posted By: EMMA2424
One of my little ones, "Pili" spent the entire day "Looking for Daddy" in the love shack. It was so sad!

At least your peep wasn't looking in while daddy was actually in the love shack. */facepalm*

#218665 - 02/28/10 10:58 AM Re: Funny Happenings... [Re: oldfogey40]
wicketbird Offline

Loc: California
I like my "firewalkers" who march all over the cooking pit with its bright red coals. Right now, tho, my Master Farmer is jumping up and down in the pit while waiting for his food to cook...guess maybe his feet aren't so tough after all!

#218986 - 03/02/10 08:39 PM Re: Funny Happenings... [Re: wicketbird]
maitoi04 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Holden, MA
I have a female who, as soon as she turned 14, I started at farmer. As soon as she had the basket of berries I left her as I had a few other things going on at the time. I kept checking on her every once in a while and she was doing what she was supposed to be doing so I left her alone. When she was 18 I went back to her figuring she might like a change in occupations and she is still only a trainee farmer. I couldn't imigane what was wrong with her so I decided to watch her to see what the problem was. Every time she got to the food hut to drop off her food, instead of going off to work, she was shown as eating and I would see the message "you're villager feels better after eating". The really wierd thing is her name is "HUNGA". I have since switched her to research and she is now 21, and at the upper end of adept.

#219263 - 03/05/10 01:08 AM Funny Actions
txmom2 Offline
Consigliere

I just had to start this when I saw someone saying "Can't wash laundry now". lol laugh

#219275 - 03/05/10 05:16 AM Re: Funny Actions [Re: txmom2]
mindilj Offline

I had an island even happen and now I have a 62 year old nursing mother LOL..... funny to see this gray headed lady walking around nursing a baby.... I sure hope she doesn't die before the baby is done nursing hahahaha

Attachments
Capture.JPG

#219285 - 03/05/10 07:36 AM Re: Funny Actions [Re: mindilj]
FiveCatHome Offline

I have a little girl that loves to play jokes on the adults, she puts frogs in the little pool attached to the love shack, has anyone seen this? She did this all the time until she turned 14. This is my first post, I tried adding a picture, hope it worked smile

Attachments
frogsinthehottub.jpg

Description: frogs in the hot tub

#219295 - 03/05/10 10:08 AM Re: Funny Happenings... [Re: maitoi04]
ajuma Offline
Master

Loc: South Korea
Originally Posted By: maitoi04
I have a female who, as soon as she turned 14, I started at farmer. As soon as she had the basket of berries I left her as I had a few other things going on at the time. I kept checking on her every once in a while and she was doing what she was supposed to be doing so I left her alone. When she was 18 I went back to her figuring she might like a change in occupations and she is still only a trainee farmer. I couldn't imigane what was wrong with her so I decided to watch her to see what the problem was. Every time she got to the food hut to drop off her food, instead of going off to work, she was shown as eating and I would see the message "you're villager feels better after eating". The really wierd thing is her name is "HUNGA". I have since switched her to research and she is now 21, and at the upper end of adept.

I'm so glad I saw this post! I had a girl with the same name. I put her on building first, then science. I kept a close eye on her when I began to train her to be a farmer, and sure enough, I found her eating about once to every 2 times delivering! shocked Once she became "adept" though, she "grew out" of that behavior...thank goodness!

My funny happening happened with myself! blush
You know how it says "retrieving" the fish? Well I keep reading it either "reVIVing" the fish or "relIEVing" blush Keeps me smiling thinking of a farmer doing mouth to mouth to keep the fish alive! smile

#219437 - 03/06/10 01:28 PM Re: Funny Happenings... [Re: ajuma]
horsecrazy123 Offline
Expert

Loc: None of your business, lol
lol! I have found something hilarous recently.Whenever I send the kids off on a race or jumping competition all the people 18 and younger go. It's soo funny to see 17-year-olds racing or jumping up and down.

#219467 - 03/06/10 07:09 PM Re: Funny Happenings... [Re: horsecrazy123]
chocolatechip Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Being chased by angry igaunas
I keep Dragging a villager over to retrive the fish. I go to another villager and check back on the other one. The funny thing is that it looks like she fell off the netting and into the ocean. at that moment She finally shakes her head "no". Guess She's a bit clumsy on the netting! laugh

Avvi by AR

#219966 - 03/12/10 10:46 PM Re: Funny Happenings... [Re: chocolatechip]
Dinky Offline

I'm anxious to see if anyone else has noticed this. I have one particular guy, Kauli (i think thats right), who is just grouchy. One time I looked at him, and his activity was "complaining".... the next time I saw him, he was "arguing". I had never noticed these negative actions before. I think it's funny!

#219985 - 03/13/10 01:57 AM Re: Funny Happenings... [Re: Dinky]
Dinky Offline

Ok, just after posting, I went back to play. A female villagers activity was stated to be "exercising"..... When I looked at her, she was carrying one of those rocks up and down the stairs!! I was LOL!

#220684 - 03/26/10 02:49 AM Re: Funny Happenings... [Re: Dinky]
Rychus Offline

Loc: PA USA
Some of my villagers like to lay on the beach and look at the clouds. I also spotted one or two up on the cliff near mediation point to lay down and look at the clouds.
And hey ... what is in the berries that is sooo attractive? I can barely keep my scholars away.
I name at least one villager that looks like Arthur ... Arthur.

#220686 - 03/26/10 03:06 AM Re: Funny Happenings... [Re: Rychus]
loisk Offline

Had a female villager lying on the beach when one of the male villagers walked over and sat on her.
He then got up and moved to a different part of the beach and she got up, walked over and sat on his lap.

#220752 - 03/28/10 03:13 AM Re: Funny Actions [Re: FiveCatHome]
Charity322 Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: FiveCatHome
I have a little girl that loves to play jokes on the adults, she puts frogs in the little pool attached to the love shack, has anyone seen this? She did this all the time until she turned 14. This is my first post, I tried adding a picture, hope it worked smile

I just got a boy who's doing this. It's hilarious!

#221289 - 04/15/10 03:41 PM Re: Funny Actions [Re: mindilj]
spinnything Offline
Adviser

I had my tribe just looking for collectables and trying to get trophies, since all puzzles were complete. I decided to stop playing for a while and I thought my game was paused. I hadn't even opened it in over a month.

Yesterday I decided to go have a look, and found it had not been paused and was running on 'normal' speed all of that time. I was surprised to find that only 4 villagers had died, and they from old age. There was 46 food no fire, and the stream was 100% blocked.

I guess the tribe had been busy growing, lol. There were 38 6 year olds! The population was 95! I set all to farming or building, and now this morning the stream is flowing clear, and they have nearly 8,000 food!

#221290 - 04/15/10 05:01 PM Re: Funny Actions [Re: spinnything]
Finny Offline

Here's my oldest 'mom'. I didn't think it was possible, I thought they stopped around 50. I had one that was 62, but then I found this nursing mother when I logged on next. They only seem to be able to have children at that age if you set their skill to parenting. I only set the old ones to parenting because I thought they could do their thing, get experience and eventually become a master before they went to join the choir invisible LOL

#221454 - 04/21/10 06:31 PM Re: Funny Actions [Re: Finny]
George T SLC Offline
Expert

Loc: Utah
This one isn't a joke or a glitch, I just find it humorous.

The boy I'm training up to be the next tribal medic* stood solemnly on the long stairs healing his Elderly schoolteacher--took a couple of tries--then immediately dashed off to build sandcastles.

He has his priorities in the right place for his age!
--------------
* After I finally realized that my rapid-learning young girl, one of only 2 females under 50, is going to have to be pregnant nursing a lot of the time and thus unavailable! Which is perhaps funnier when you understand that I'm a 62yo confirmed bachelor in real life, playing god for all these villagers who are fruitful and multiplying.

Edited by George T SLC (04/21/10 06:44 PM)

#221464 - 04/21/10 08:25 PM Re: Funny Actions [Re: George T SLC]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

I've noticed that the (adult) doctors tend to wander off to take a swim or do their laundry or whatever rather more often than those learning the other jobs. No doubt he's picked up that habit as well!

At least the girl will probably be able to acquire the other skills fairly fast since she's a rapid learner.

#221507 - 04/22/10 05:03 PM Re: Funny Actions [Re: arnie]
George T SLC Offline
Expert

Loc: Utah
I think you're right about doctors (or Trainee Healers, which is all I've had so far) in general. Like everyone else, when there's nothing to do for their preference, they choose randomly among their most recent work, their other skills, and non-work. But particularly in a small tribe, healers more often don't have any preferred work available!

However, the boy mentioned above is now the nursery school teacher, and WAY more faithful to that position than either of his two predecessors. He's still check-boxed for Healing, and I think the same choice mechanism explains why that is!

#221524 - 04/23/10 04:44 AM Re: Funny Actions [Re: George T SLC]
cindyls Offline

I only just started this a few days ago, so I am sure this has happened to someone else, but I laughed a lot over it ;-) I made a soapy stew so I could get some folks to burp bubbles (I think that is one of the trophy categories), so I put three soap plants in and added food from the bin. The action said, 'throwing up soapy stew' and if that wasn't funny enough, there was a green cloud as they bent over and retched and the sound effect had me laughing! Oh dear...
I have to say that I really like this one better than Secret City. One thing I like a lot is the trophy acquisition which reminds me of Virtual Families. It's a way to keep it from getting boring once you solve the puzzles. I can see keeping this one open for a long time whereas with Secret City I would get bored once I solved the puzzles.
Plus there seem to be so many more activities, especially regarding food. The school is fun and my peeps seem to learn and do things faster than in the other game ;-)

#221529 - 04/23/10 11:12 AM Re: Funny Actions [Re: George T SLC]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

George,

Yes, all the doctors seem to study is a few plants, although they might have a few textbooks in the hospital as well. They are also confined to a fairly small area in the hospital. I suppose it can get boring for them after a while, poor things. smile At least the researchers get to make stinky clouds of smoke and other interesting things occasionally, as well as walk about between the rectangular and the round tables.

#221544 - 04/24/10 01:24 AM Re: Funny Actions [Re: arnie]
cindyls Offline

Well, this one was funny, at least to me, if not a little bit sad as well ;-) I was trying to get one of my male villagers to become a scholar, so the only thing he had left to become a master in was parenting. I had him tell stories and then I had him try to couple with some females. He gave some babies, but then I ran out of eligible females. The only one I had left was a 67 yr. old female, so I had him embrace her. They went to the love shack (I just let them walk there since I thought it was interesting they were going, lol). Well, HE came out, but she didn't - one second later, his action was 'burying the dead'. Seems the encounter was too much for her! lol.
Oh well, at least she went happy ;-)

#221575 - 04/25/10 08:36 PM Re: Funny Actions [Re: mindilj]
Chatter Offline

I didn't have an Island event, but did have a 55 year woman have a child. Of course this happened after all the medical tech was increased.

#221580 - 04/25/10 10:02 PM Re: Funny Actions [Re: Chatter]
dulcey Offline

Loc: England
I just watched a 5-year-old "playing a joke on the adults". He put frogs in their loveshack hot tub! It was so awesome. smile

#221660 - 04/30/10 12:45 PM Re: Funny Actions [Re: dulcey]
petenpete Offline
Adviser

Loc: Manhattan, KS
About a week ago i was trying to train a scholar & the 50+ year old man I'd chosen only needed parenting left to master. Naturally, I was having him tell stories to the kids over & over. Unfortunately, I got called away, forgot to turn off the "parenting" occupation, and didn't get back to that tribe for a few days.

I now have at least a dozen 50 - 60 yr olds laying on top of each other because they're all untrained & all unsure of what to do. In the meantime, to keep the tribe going, I've had a few of the younger ladies have babies, but I've been too busy to try to actively train anyone to do any particular job that they're not doing on their own.

I guess I'm a bad Guiding Hand. PS: Now they're all running as a single body to get out of the rain!! The thundering herd of deadbeats!LOL!

Attachments
Deadbeats w. dentures.JPG

Edited by petenpete (04/30/10 01:00 PM)

#221709 - 05/04/10 06:23 AM Re: Funny Actions [Re: cindyls]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
Originally Posted By: cindyls
I only just started this a few days ago, so I am sure this has happened to someone else, but I laughed a lot over it ;-) I made a soapy stew so I could get some folks to burp bubbles (I think that is one of the trophy categories), so I put three soap plants in and added food from the bin. The action said, 'throwing up soapy stew' and if that wasn't funny enough, there was a green cloud as they bent over and retched and the sound effect had me laughing! Oh dear...
I have to say that I really like this one better than Secret City. One thing I like a lot is the trophy acquisition which reminds me of Virtual Families. It's a way to keep it from getting boring once you solve the puzzles. I can see keeping this one open for a long time whereas with Secret City I would get bored once I solved the puzzles.
Plus there seem to be so many more activities, especially regarding food. The school is fun and my peeps seem to learn and do things faster than in the other game ;-)

I just bought the game last night and am trying to figure out puzzle 4. The same thing just happened to me and I found it so funny that I came on to post and found yours! smile

#221714 - 05/04/10 08:28 PM Re: Funny Actions [Re: Simsane]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
Siimsane, you may find some tips on the first page, stickied topics, of this forum at Questions about Puzzle #4 (contains spoilers) (click on it) grin

#221720 - 05/05/10 02:33 AM Re: Funny Actions [Re: laurence]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
Hi again, Laurence (simsane's waving to you)! I just wanted to see if I could figure it out for myself before reading the spoilers and guess what? I did! smile Most of the things make me end up coming here for help, but I actually figured that one out without having to get help -- so proud of myself. smile But it's nice of you to help, so thank you.

#221732 - 05/05/10 02:59 PM Re: Funny Actions [Re: Simsane]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
You're welcome! smile (laurence's waving back to you)! laugh

#221745 - 05/06/10 12:27 PM Re: Funny Actions [Re: spinnything]
gambitgarrison Offline

Loc: Georgia
Originally Posted By: spinnything
I thought it might be fun to have a thread about things that are odd, cute, or funny in the game.

One of my kids must have been constipated. He sat for a VERY long time under the tree with a "nature is calling" status. Every once in a while he would stand up and then sit back down as if to reposition himself. Finally, he got up and danced! LOL!

lol - too funny
Originally Posted By: cindyls

Agreed - that was totally unexpected and hilarious. I came to the forums specifically to praise Last Day of Work for that absolutely comical addition to the game. It literally makes me laugh out loud to see the poor villagers belching and yakking all over the place. Major giggles.

Edited by Xay (05/06/10 08:41 PM)
Edit Reason: combined consecutive posts

#221749 - 05/06/10 01:18 PM Re: Funny Actions [Re: gambitgarrison]
Mbee Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Zuid-Holland
I thought this was a very funny action. Joris and Pam, siblings, had just finished building the last hut on the island and took a vacation at the beach ... grin

Attachments
Watching the clouds.jpg

#221993 - 05/17/10 07:18 PM Re: Funny Actions [Re: mindilj]
xman Offline
Adviser

Loc: London, England
I just did a nursery call... And two nursing women came who are both masters in building and Farming and Adepts in Researching...

#221999 - 05/18/10 12:53 PM Re: Funny Actions [Re: xman]
Mbee Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Zuid-Holland
They where dragged there by their children. Never too young to learn laugh

#223084 - 07/03/10 04:34 AM Re: Funny Actions [Re: Mbee]
chocolatechip Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Being chased by angry igaunas
Aww.. This is just plain cute.

I have a child in my village,named Annabel, Whom is an apprentice scientist. While checking my peeps in the lab I found her trying to research like the other scientists. I laughed. Still, She was watching people work. I wonder if she thought they were doing it wrong and bossing them around. Annabel, Your not 14 yet!

Attachments
Screen shot 2010-07-02 at 9.32.43 PM.png

Avvi by AR

#228971 - 02/22/11 07:36 AM Re: Funny Happenings... [Re: spinnything]
ecolter Offline

Dislikes: Children

And he looks like such a grumpy little guy, too!

Too funny!

Attachments
dislikes.jpg

Edited by ecolter (02/22/11 07:37 AM)

#229620 - 05/02/11 03:30 AM Re: Funny Actions [Re: FiveCatHome]
urbncwgl Offline

I also had a child like to play tricks on adults. I tried to put the frogs back.... Guess he "got me too".

#234819 - 06/04/13 01:34 AM Re: Funny Happenings... [Re: EMMA2424]
VV3 girl123 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: The Wild West
Yeah, same thing with me. I had a villagers that was on of the first villagers here on the island. so he didn't have a mom or dad. But still he was constantly either 'looking for mommy' or 'looking for daddy' I became so annoyed with him I finally had to tell him "STOP! You don't have a mommy or daddy!"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter