Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 238 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 38 of 41 < 1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 >
Topic Options
#232409 - 01/30/13 10:35 PM Re: So what's going on in YOUR virtual family? [Re: Pinkanista]
IsolaFlower Offline
Adviser

Loc: Ohio
I have also just recently started Playing VF again as well and remember that I had the same thing happen to me a while back.. I had returned to my game maybe more then 5 months later to find that my peeps were 40 and still running around in almost all of my files! it was strange that they hadn't gone hungry... but they sure had money to boot! sadly we recently had our hardrive replaced and so I gotta build up my resources again!

#232692 - 03/24/13 05:55 PM Re: So what's going on in YOUR virtual family? [Re: Annadae]
Jo13 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Portugal
After a really long time without playing VF, I reinstalled the game in this laptop and decided to finally stick with one family until I'd earned all 100 (well, 101) trophies. I've never managed to get more than 84 in previous families, so I'm still wondering if I'll succeed this time.

Things are going along nicely so far, though. Started the family with a blue-haired girl, Ketose, whose daughter Kinetics inherited the house. Kinetics' daughter Psicose inherited the house in her turn, as did Psicose's son Plasmid. Then Plasmid's daughter Ytterbium was the next one to take over, followed by her daughter Tyrosine.
Tyrosine is still alive at age 61. Her husband Plutonium recently died at age 63 after being the first peep in this family to reach the top of a career (Engineer). Tyrosine is on level 7 of hers (Fruit Examiner), though I doubt she'll live long enough to reach Master level. Their oldest two children, daughter Sucrose and son Cisplatin, have been in college for a very long time now, and only the youngest child, 17-year-old daughter Beryllium, remains at home.
As soon as Tyrosine dies and Beryllium leaves for college, Cisplatin will be the one to return to the house.
Concerning trophies, I have 81 so far. Most of the ones that are left will only take a long time to gain, but are doable. The perfect match one will probably be the trickiest one.

#232702 - 03/26/13 12:00 PM Re: So what's going on in YOUR virtual family? [Re: Jo13]
JesseGirl Offline

Loc: Somwhere between Awesome and B...
Hey,Here is a quick story about my family
First there was Diskette then she married Francono they had 6 kids
Twins,Lola and Bubbles then she adopted Bengor then she had another baby Francone then they adopted Brola and had their last child Dico!
Recently Diskette died and I gave the house to Lola since she was the only one who wanted kids so Francy and Dico moved out.
Lola married Click and they had one child Peanut.
----------------------------------------------
When you write your story,don't let others hold the pen.

Edited by JesseGirl (03/26/13 12:04 PM)
Edit Reason: spellcheck

#232705 - 03/26/13 02:27 PM Re: So what's going on in YOUR virtual family? [Re: Annadae]
Jo13 Offline
Adviser

Tyrosine died at 62, and she never did get to reach the top of her career. Beryllium went to college shortly afterwards, and Cisplatin returned to the house, with a brand new job as a Spice Mixer. After 5 in-game years or close to it, and rejecting 5 marriage proposals...he got a proposal from another Spice Mixer, later renamed Diakinesis. I think I even said "oh my God, no way" out loud when I saw what her job was! I've been playing this game for years, with multiple families, some going to 20 generations or so, and I had never earned the Perfect Match trophy before! laugh
They now have 2 children, a 5-year-old son, Peptide, and a newborn daughter (I haven't decided what will her new name be yet). Cisplatin is now on level 6 of his career, Diakinesis on level 3.

Oh, and the funny thing? They do seem to be perfect for each other, same job, feel the same way about having kids (Would Be Nice), but there's something they'll always disagree on. Cisplatin was born with "peanut butter" as one of his likes, and his wife dislikes it. XD

#232708 - 03/26/13 06:15 PM Re: So what's going on in YOUR virtual family? [Re: Jo13]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
I commented about the Perfect Marriage in another topic, but I will here too. That's so terrific! I would probably about fall off my chair if I ever saw that! smile

Unusual names -- are you a researcher/doctor/pharmacist in real life? No matter, but you definitely choose very unique names. wink

Oh, and that's funny that one has a like for peanut butter and the other has a dislike for it. Just too funny!:D

#232709 - 03/26/13 06:34 PM Re: So what's going on in YOUR virtual family? [Re: Simsane]
Jo13 Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: Simsane
I commented about the Perfect Marriage in another topic, but I will here too. That's so terrific! I would probably about fall off my chair if I ever saw that! smile

Unusual names -- are you a researcher/doctor/pharmacist in real life? No matter, but you definitely choose very unique names. wink

Oh, and that's funny that one has a like for peanut butter and the other has a dislike for it. Just too funny!:D

Thank you - I'm still amazed at finally having this happen in game, after having so many peeps from previous generations and families reject dozens of proposals with no success. I always had to end up marrying them to the next prospective spouse that came up because they always got too old. Even though the odds aren't that terrible as odds go (less than 1% chance, I think?), from what I've read in this forum, it still seems to be pretty rare. smile
I'm studying biochemistry at college, so I like to give "science-y" names to my virtual people (and sims) every once in a while. Some scientific terms make interesting names. wink

Just checked the family a while ago, the daughter has reached age 2 and I renamed her Blastocyst. Unlike her brother and parents, she had no predetermined likes, so I took care with that with an encyclopedia from the store. She now likes vegetables. Too bad that she didn't start liking "running", but I guess I've used up all my luck for this generation. smile

#232711 - 03/26/13 08:30 PM Re: So what's going on in YOUR virtual family? [Re: Jo13]
Simsane Offline
Master

" Too bad that she didn't start liking "running", but I guess I've used up all my luck for this generation."

smile I don't know if I've ever had one that likes running in VF. I know I've had runners in the VV games, but can't remember any from VF.

I decided to start the old Virtual Villagers 1 a little while ago. See, I had all the games on my old computer and got a new one as a present from my husband and kids for my birthday last January. After I got it, I wrote LDW and asked how to get my games put onto my new computer. I hadn't actually played any of them in a long, long time but since I got an Android for Xmas I was playing VF on it and wanted to play it again on my new computer.

Anyway, LDW got me all set up and so far, I've only played VF but decided I hadn't played the very first VV game in so long that I'd start it. Gosh, talk about wanting a runner, lol! Those people move soooooo slowly -- even the one little girl I have moves slow! Oh well, I'll hang in there for a little while and if I get bored of it then maybe I'll try VV2 instead.

Blastocyst, great name!

#232714 - 03/26/13 10:22 PM Re: So what's going on in YOUR virtual family? [Re: Simsane]
Jo13 Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: Simsane
" Too bad that she didn't start liking "running", but I guess I've used up all my luck for this generation."

smile I don't know if I've ever had one that likes running in VF. I know I've had runners in the VV games, but can't remember any from VF.

I decided to start the old Virtual Villagers 1 a little while ago. See, I had all the games on my old computer and got a new one as a present from my husband and kids for my birthday last January. After I got it, I wrote LDW and asked how to get my games put onto my new computer. I hadn't actually played any of them in a long, long time but since I got an Android for Xmas I was playing VF on it and wanted to play it again on my new computer.

Anyway, LDW got me all set up and so far, I've only played VF but decided I hadn't played the very first VV game in so long that I'd start it. Gosh, talk about wanting a runner, lol! Those people move soooooo slowly -- even the one little girl I have moves slow! Oh well, I'll hang in there for a little while and if I get bored of it then maybe I'll try VV2 instead.

Blastocyst, great name!

I never played VV1 or VV2 - my brother was the one who's always been into LDW games, and I saw him playing VV3 one day and decided to try it. Same with VV4, I did try to play VV5 but I lost interest in that one soon. Never really wanted to try one of the first two, since they wouldn't look as good having played newer games first, I guess. I did get a few runners in the two VV games I played, though they were few and far between.
I've had two (I think) runners in VF itself, one of them was a spouse that happened to have that like (so of course I had to make the peep in question marry her), the other was a little boy who gained the like via encyclopedia. He was the only one to get it that way, even though every kid with no likes gets the encyclopedia treatment (unless the store doesn't cooperate).

Blastocyst really is a cool name, especially on a virtual girl. Seems like it'd be more of a boy name somehow. smile

Checked on the family again, Cisplatin got another promotion and is now on level 7. He and Diakinesis have tried for baby twice since Blastocyst turned 2, but no luck so far. And I recently got the kitchen upgraded to level 3, which gave me trophy #83.

#232716 - 03/26/13 10:55 PM Re: So what's going on in YOUR virtual family? [Re: Jo13]
Simsane Offline
Master

"Checked on the family again, Cisplatin got another promotion and is now on level 7. He and Diakinesis have tried for baby twice since Blastocyst turned 2, but no luck so far. And I recently got the kitchen upgraded to level 3, which gave me trophy #83."

Yea! Wow, you're really moving along! smile

#232718 - 03/27/13 12:21 AM Re: So what's going on in YOUR virtual family? [Re: Simsane]
Meriah Offline

Loc: Michigan
I've had people dislike running once or twice and they moved SO slow.

Page 38 of 41 < 1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter