Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 291 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 21 of 23 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 >
Topic Options
#220647 - 03/25/10 12:07 AM Re: Bug reporting [Re: gamer158]
frogboy Offline
Expert

Quote:
when you grab ANY villager and pull it to the corner, after the corner THERE IS NOTHING BUT BLACK!!!

Because that is the edge of the map.

Edited by Frog Boy (03/25/10 12:11 AM)

#220668 - 03/25/10 06:01 PM Re: Bug reporting [Re: frogboy]
gamer158 Offline
Trainee

I repeat.
THAT circular section of the screen(upside of the details button and left of the name/skill/action text) shows the villager and at the end of the corner there's the black screen

#220672 - 03/25/10 06:40 PM Re: Bug reporting [Re: gamer158]
loisk Offline

One of my villagers had triplets and now one is missing; seemed to happen when they turned 3. Thankfully not in the mausoleum, not in the detail screens, no event happened...just gone.

#220728 - 03/27/10 04:14 PM possible bugs
johnusmc Offline

Loc: PA, USA
Cloth Invented; no need to wait for purchase of Science Tech 3. Building appears before purchase.

Fish Scales; golden fish appear after building nets, no need to complete finding of all scales. Scale 12 of 12 never appears.

#220729 - 03/27/10 05:22 PM Re: possible bugs [Re: johnusmc]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Those are differences between the guide and the game, not bugs in the game. Please look here for an explanation. smile

#220731 - 03/27/10 06:06 PM Re: possible bugs [Re: LadyCFII]
Candy_63 Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
@loisk

I've had the same with twins - one nursing mom had twins and then was there only one 2 year old boy!
Later I saved the game bevor the twins/triplets became 2 but it happened not anymore.

#221531 - 04/23/10 11:49 AM Re: possible bugs [Re: Candy_63]
Jaci Offline

I'm having a problem I do think is a bug. I'm running Windows 7. I've repeated this twice and both times I get the error "Virtual Villagers - The Tree of Life.exe has stopped working. A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Both times its given me this error I was catching crabs. Thinking I'd get the children into place for the next crab, I pause the game, drop the children onto the second crab, hit unpause while the first villager is carrying the first crab to the pond. The game then crashes to desktop with the error above.

I took a screenshot of the error itself if needed.

Edited by Jaci (04/23/10 11:50 AM)

#221538 - 04/23/10 05:46 PM Re: possible bugs [Re: Jaci]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
We are working on an update that will resolve that error. You can read more about that issue earlier in this thread, as well as here in the Technical Issues forum.

#221568 - 04/25/10 01:52 AM Re: Bug reporting [Re: ajuma]
Mystwalker Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN
De-lurking to share some minor issues, comments, and a workaround for the nursing timer bug...
My Apologies for the length, and if some of this has been covered in other posts.

1. Some pixels 'missing' on the collections screen and mausoleum screen: I honestly didn't notice this until I read a few posts in this thread. I guess I had just unconsciously assumed that they were 'highlights', light peaking through branches, light reflecting, etc.
This is not really a big deal as far as I am concerned but now that it has been pointed out it would be nice if it were cleaned up a bit.
EDIT: I noticed a missing pixel on a help screen while trying to duplicate issue #5. Still a non-issue imo.

2. Tidal pool water noise: Clicking on the sand of the tidal pool 'area' still makes the 'water noise' when the tide is out.
This is not worth fixing, I just wanted to point it out.

3. Mushrooms not visible near the Tree: This seems to be true for mushrooms anywhere near the Tree even when they are a bit farther away and should NOT be hidden by the roots. The 'sparkle' is still visible. Other collectibles in the area are visible.
This is mostly just a minor annoyance but it does have a minor effect on the game.
EDIT: I noticed a 'brown' mushroom near the tree that ended up being red after I picked it up, so I thought it may be a 'coloing' issue... However I found a way to show where the main issue lies: Pick up an unbuilt hut, drag it around the screen near the base of the tree and you can see where things will be visible and where they will not.

4. Tidal pool level: It may be my immagination, but I have notiched that when running multiple games at the same time (as my daughter and I tend to do) sometimes the tidal pool of one of the games gets set to the state of the tidal pool of the other game. (In other words, if my tide just came back in but we switch to her game for a few minutes where the tide is out, then switch back to mine, sometimes my tide is low again.) I will try to do some experimenting to see how repeatable this is and if pausing one game or the other is a factor in this.
This is not really a problem, and if it turns out to be repeatable it could actually be used as a 'cheat' to keep your tide out.
EDIT: I have not been able to repeat this. I suspect that the tide level is set until the active game marks it as changed. (So my daughter's must have been changed to 'out' when her game was active, and then stayed out when I went back to mine.)

5. Non-Fullscreen sizing: (This only happened once and I have not been able to repeat the problem; usually resizing is not possible. FYI my OS is 'Windows XP Pro'. If I figure out the circumstances that led to this I will post again.) Playing with Fullscreen off the OS allowed me to inadvertantly change the size of the game window by dragging the sides or corner of the window. The system mouse pointer and the in-game pointer got out of synch and I couldn't tell what I was pointing at.
Since I have not been able to repeat this it is not a big problem either.
EDIT: It happened again. Still not sure why.

6. Nursing timer bug: I have seen this here and in previous VV games. I have seen similar issues with timers Fish Tycoon and Plant Tycoon. I do pause the game often.

However, (as I originally found in the non VV games,)
every time I have finally noticed a timing bug,
-- switching the game speed from 'normal' to 'fast',
-- letting it on fast for at least a few seconds,
-- then switching the game speed back to 'normal'
has ALWAYS fixed it for me.

I assume this action causes some timing related subroutine in the program to kick off.
This is an annoyance, but not a big deal since I have a found a 'workaround'.

Edited by Mystwalker (04/25/10 06:57 AM)

#221635 - 04/28/10 12:44 PM Re: Bug reporting [Re: Vimsen]
MorgaineMichele Offline

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, I swear I searched this but I find it difficult because when I do a search, it searches ALL forums, not just the one I am in.

Anyway, I had a lot of tech points saved up and bought the final medicine level at the same time as final construction level. I took all of my villagers and put them on one or the other to completed them both quickly. Well, the hospital went along quickly, but the housing hut is forever stuck at 1%

Page 21 of 23 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter