Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 75 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#217438 - 02/23/10 06:47 AM What kind of Island Events do you get? *spoilers*!
Lukerie Offline
Consigliere

Loc: In my room playing VF
I was wondering the type of events that people get.
Screenshots would be nice laugh

#217442 - 02/23/10 06:56 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Lukerie]
Mayfly Offline
Adviser

Loc: Colorado
Click to reveal..
Hay fever

Click to reveal..
Day of celebration

Click to reveal..
Kid stuck in tree

#217444 - 02/23/10 06:58 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Lukerie]
Lukerie Offline
Consigliere

Loc: In my room playing VF
Click to reveal..
My nursing villager's baby was screaming and crying so they she hd the option of leaving it in a dark area to calm it down or take it to the beach and let it calm down there. I chose the beach, because the dark area seemed to suspicious grin . With the beach the baby calmed down with the calm noise.

#217445 - 02/23/10 07:02 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Lukerie]
Luke Gates Offline
Consigliere

Click to reveal..
I had day of celebration, and one with a kid who had healing skill, he felt sick and though the sea would help him, so I chose that, it didn't work

#217447 - 02/23/10 07:12 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Luke Gates]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
Pretty major spoiler!
Click to reveal..
One of my builders had the brilliant idea to climb on the roof of the hut to hoist materials. I let her do it and she fell off and died. cry

#217448 - 02/23/10 07:18 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Krystal]
Houjun Offline
Consigliere

Originally Posted By: Krystal
Pretty major spoiler!
Click to reveal..
One of my builders had the brilliant idea to climb on the roof of the hut to hoist materials. I let her do it and she fell off and died. cry

Click to reveal..
I also had this one. She didn't die but was extremely weakened.

Track your currency.

If you like brainteasers, you might like Braingle.

#217464 - 02/23/10 07:54 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Houjun]
Mourning Lily Offline

Loc: Washington State
Hey Houjun and Krystal..I had that one too and my person got a big skill boost.

#217492 - 02/23/10 12:31 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Mourning Lily]
ajuma Offline
Master

Loc: South Korea
First Event:
Click to reveal..
A kid climbed a tree and the nursing mom saw it up there. Choices: Go up and get the kid (dangerous)or Let the kid learn the consequences of its actions. I chose the first one. Nursing mom fell out of the tree and was weak for a long time!!

This one's not a spoiler. Some crook (they have CROOKS on Isola???) came and wrecked the lab. Lost all of my tech points. cry

#217495 - 02/23/10 12:45 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: ajuma]
slh Offline
Adviser

My very first event was:

Click to reveal..
an appearance by Mr. Biggles! He said he'd been watching us and thought we were worthy of his assistance, so allowed us to choose between how to look after the tree, or how to look after the tribe. I chose the tree, he said it was a wise choice, and taught me some dendrology.

I THINK that automatically put me at level 2 dendrology and I now just need to earn tech points for level 3!

Nice event smile

This happened long before I saw this thread, so no screenshots, sorry.

Edited by slh (02/23/10 12:46 PM)

#217525 - 02/23/10 03:17 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: slh]
chris30s Offline

Click to reveal..
An adult was told 2 children were fighting over a shell (even though I don't have 2 children in my tribe). Choose between teaching them to share it or teaching them to negotiate over who gets it outright. I chose sharing, "kids learned the lesson", and adult improved at parenting.

#217538 - 02/23/10 03:52 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: chris30s]
LadySouls Offline

Loc: Michigan
Click to reveal..
My first was one of my children climbed the tree and got stuck, I choose to let them find a way down and the poor thing fell and wasn't discovered for a whole day and night, however, she was fine and I leveled up in Dendrology. My second was a mushroom, I choose to throw it in the ocean and the kid got sick, but also gained research skill, so he's already an apprentice scientist at age 7

#217543 - 02/23/10 04:13 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: LadySouls]
esther1981 Offline
Master

Loc: Marion, Ohio
Click to reveal..
i got one where my only kid ate food and was questioned by the adults. the choices were tell the truth or lie about it. i told the truth and my little boy had to help pick blackberries and think about what he did. he also got some farming skill out of it so i'm happy smile

#217559 - 02/23/10 05:06 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: esther1981]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Loc: Somewhere in NC
Click to reveal..
I got one where a boy found a old book. Choices where to have him read it or show it to the village. I had him read it. The book fell apart but he became adept in every skill, he said he felt guilty about not sharing it with the tribe.

Just got another:

Click to reveal..
Girl was feeling sick, She said that algae has certian healing poperties. I told her to eat it and she felt better and gained doctor skill

And one I forgot about:

Click to reveal..
Boy fell sick. Said he thought a certian mushroom would help him. Told him to eat it, it made it worse. He lost some of his health bar

#217572 - 02/23/10 05:51 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Havetia]
TorNis Offline
Adviser

Click to reveal..
I got +2000 tech points for free. Event had no choices.

Edited by TorNis (02/23/10 05:52 PM)

#217684 - 02/24/10 12:37 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: chris30s]
Crissi Offline

The Robber Crab

Click to reveal..
While looking for shells on the beach, Lalati spots a rare robber crab. The tails of these crabs is known to have potent healing properties.

Options were to cut off its tail or let it go. I chose let it go.

Results: Feeling sorry for the crab, Lalati lets it go. Following the crab she discovers that the crab has returned to its nest, where it has been storing food and covering it with salt crystals. She explains it to the scientists who discover an important method for storing food. The tribe gained 1 level in food mastery. grin

#217695 - 02/24/10 01:00 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Crissi]
brand1l3n Offline

I got a bunch, but I only copied 1 of them.
Click to reveal..
The Aspiring Doctor

Arofa has fallen gravely ill. She is also an aspiring healer and has long theorized that water from the magnificent ocean surrounding Isola should have healing properties.

Dring Sea Water = Arofa bravely drinks her fill of ocean water from a wooden bowl. A few moments later she becomes violently ill and is worse off than before.
Better Not = ?

Click to reveal..
Villager found a rare algae (or was it a mushroom?) with bright spots on it. Choices were "Throw it into the ocean" or "Leave it alone." I left it alone, and it multiplied and spoiled the food. Villagers lost a large chunk of food supplies.

And another that had no choices:
Click to reveal..
Suspicious footsteps appeared out of the fog. Someone dropped honeycomb in the food bin, though no one saw the person. Villagers gained 300 food.

I got that last one twice on the same tribe. smile

#217698 - 02/24/10 01:06 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: brand1l3n]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Click to reveal..
rainy season, it was a no choice event gave me lots of rain

#217709 - 02/24/10 04:49 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Havetia]
brand1l3n Offline

Got another "no choice" event:
Click to reveal..
The Mysterious Footprints

One morning the villagers notice that strange footprints have appeared on the ground overnight. They later discover a number of very useful scientific instruments that seem to have come out of nowhere, as though they simply fell from the sky.

Your vilage has gained 2000 tech points.

#217711 - 02/24/10 04:53 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: brand1l3n]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Mom had the same one twice in a row so she did both options:

Click to reveal..
The Aspiring Scientist: A villager wants to do experimenting against the others wishes, she gets up in the middle of the night. She mixes smelly yellow salts and and coal. What should her last ingredient be?

White salts: gained 2000 tech but villager gets hurt

Dry Algae: lose 1000 tech

Edited by Havoria (02/24/10 04:53 AM)

#217716 - 02/24/10 05:15 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: chris30s]
Silverbeast Offline

Click to reveal..
I had an event about glowing faces, chose the option to tell the tribe, and gained 1000 tech.

#217725 - 02/24/10 05:34 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Silverbeast]
Serafinos Offline
Trainee

Loc: Chattanooga, TN
Okay -- I'm DUMB! How are you all getting the "click to reveal... show me!" thingy? smirk

#217735 - 02/24/10 05:53 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Serafinos]
Havetia Offline
Guru

type this behind your spoiler :[/spoiler]

Then type in front of it [spoiler]

Had to do it backwards otherwise would have had another spoiler

#217739 - 02/24/10 06:10 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Havetia]
Ices625 Offline

Ironically, I got this after like 3 thunderstorms

Click to reveal..
The Pure Sea Air

The weather has been pleasant lately, and the air smells especially pure and clean. Everyone's lungs feel great, and their stuffy noses have cleared right up!

No reward, i.e. tech points/food, etc.

#217794 - 02/24/10 09:21 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Ices625]
TorNis Offline
Adviser

Kid stuck in Tree of Life
Result on select "Try to find a way down":
Click to reveal..
Lvl up in dendrology. Sweet. Free 3th lvl tech ^^

Result on select "Yell for help":
Unknown.

#217834 - 02/24/10 04:25 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: TorNis]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Click to reveal..
villager spotted a crate floating out in the ocean. Chose to bring it in and got 5000 tech laugh

#217844 - 02/24/10 05:03 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Houjun]
veecou Offline

I too got the one with the builder...
Click to reveal..
who likes to climb to the top of the hut, and after I choose YES she became master builder..But is matter of luck coz to others the builder got killed or injured

Edited by veecou (02/24/10 05:08 PM)

#217864 - 02/24/10 06:44 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: veecou]
chris30s Offline

Apprentice healer
Click to reveal..
I got the one for the healer ... gravely ill, but mine said eat tree bark from the Tree of Life. I chose to eat it and she got all better (100% healthy) ... and I think her healing skill improved a little.

#217946 - 02/25/10 12:53 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Crissi]
Nora Willow Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Eastern Isola
Originally Posted By: Crissi
The Robber Crab

Click to reveal..
While looking for shells on the beach, Lalati spots a rare robber crab. The tails of these crabs is known to have potent healing properties.

Options were to cut off its tail or let it go. I chose let it go.

Results: Feeling sorry for the crab, Lalati lets it go. Following the crab she discovers that the crab has returned to its nest, where it has been storing food and covering it with salt crystals. She explains it to the scientists who discover an important method for storing food. The tribe gained 1 level in food mastery. grin
I got the same one!!! I did the same thing tooo!!! hahaha

#217950 - 02/25/10 01:06 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Nora Willow]
Nora Willow Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Eastern Isola
Click to reveal..
While searching for mushrooms, Mahu sees a large, colorful fungus with bright dots on it. These mushrooms are known to be dangerous and he wonders what to do with it.

I chose to admire from afar (thanks to all the others who had this laugh ) and it did the same thing as throwing it in the ocean heehehe

#217964 - 02/25/10 02:28 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Havetia]
boostone Offline
Trainee

Loc: Canada
Click to reveal..
Had a visit from Biggles as shl said-I chose the tree & he filled dendrology completely:

#218007 - 02/25/10 08:17 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Silverbeast]
dixie50 Offline
Trainee

I don't know what is going on with my game I have been playing since the min it was released and I have only gotten 1 event and that one was for extra food! NO tech points at all
why do I keep missing random events

#218018 - 02/25/10 09:59 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Lukerie]
Ittechgirl21 Offline

Click to reveal..
there is a cylinder in the ground they will ask you if you wish to fill it top the top or to the First notch. Choose the first notch. the top will get the villagers into a heated argument and you gain nothing.

#218022 - 02/25/10 10:32 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Ittechgirl21]
syrae Offline

Loc: Haarlem, The Netherlands
Click to reveal..
first notch: the instrument is used to foretell the tides, the tidal pool is accessible every 2 hours

#218029 - 02/25/10 12:22 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Lukerie]
Emmote Offline
Trainee

The Sealed Box

Click to reveal..
"<Name> is swimming in the ocean one day when he bumps into a floating box. It appears to be carefully sealed, and he wants to bring it back to the village, but the tide is pulling it out. It would be very risky to try and swim back with this box."

Options:
- Swim back with the box
- Let it go

I chose: Swim back with the box.
"<Name> barely manages to get the box back to the beach. Upon opening it, the tribe finds glass bottles of all sizes. These will certainly change how they work in the lab.

Your tribe gains 5000 tech points."

Result: 5000 tech points.

Needless to say I'm very happy with this one.

The Screaming Baby

Click to reveal..
"<Name is having a difficult time with her baby, who won't stop screaming. She is receiving conflicting advice from the other villagers. Some say the baby should be left alone in a dark, quiet place to calm itself. Others suggest that the baby needs a fun diversion and advise her to take the baby to the beach and dance around."

Options:
- Leave baby alone
- Take baby to the beach

I chose: Take baby to the beach
"The soothing sound of the ocean, combined with the rhythmic dancing, lull the baby into a blissful sleep. Mommy got a much-needed rest and is very grateful to the tribe for their help."

Result: Nothing?

Edited by Emmote (02/25/10 12:47 PM)

#218032 - 02/25/10 01:01 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Emmote]
TheKitten Offline

I got
Click to reveal..
a child to eat a mushroom instead of taking it to the foodhut, and then a villager asked what was she doing, there were the options of tell a lie, or tell the truth. I chose to tell the truth and after being told off, she gains some farming" Not much exciting, but at least she gained something...

#218036 - 02/25/10 02:25 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: dixie50]
ajuma Offline
Master

Originally Posted By: dixie50
I don't know what is going on with my game I have been playing since the min it was released and I have only gotten 1 event and that one was for extra food! NO tech points at all
why do I keep missing random events

They're pretty random. My game was on for 14 hours straight yesterday and I only got 1 event, making 2 total. It's ok...the events usually turn out bad for me anyway! cry

#218047 - 02/25/10 04:11 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: ajuma]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Click to reveal..
The Arc of Brilliant Colors:
After a rain, Walter sees an arc of brilliant colors in the sky. He has seen these before and knows that they don't last long, but he would like to know what is at the end of one.

The left side of the arc appears to be near the mausoleum, while the right side appears to be dangerously close the the eastern cliff.

Run to the left side: It disappears

Run to the right side: ?

I'm not sure if anyone is already working on it but I'm making an event guide with everyone's events and results. smile

#218148 - 02/25/10 11:46 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Emmote]
horsecrazy123 Offline
Expert

Loc: None of your business, lol
Originally Posted By: Emmote
The Sealed Box

Click to reveal..
"<Name> is swimming in the ocean one day when he bumps into a floating box. It appears to be carefully sealed, and he wants to bring it back to the village, but the tide is pulling it out. It would be very risky to try and swim back with this box."

Options:
- Swim back with the box
- Let it go

"<Name> barely manages to get the box back to the beach. Upon opening it, the tribe finds glass bottles of all sizes. These will certainly change how they work in the lab.

Result: 5000 tech points.

Needless to say I'm very happy with this one.

The Screaming Baby

Click to reveal..
"<Name is having a difficult time with her baby, who won't stop screaming. She is receiving conflicting advice from the other villagers. Some say the baby should be left alone in a dark, quiet place to calm itself. Others suggest that the baby needs a fun diversion and advise her to take the baby to the beach and dance around."

Options:
- Leave baby alone
- Take baby to the beach

I chose: Take baby to the beach
"The soothing sound of the ocean, combined with the rhythmic dancing, lull the baby into a blissful sleep. Mommy got a much-needed rest and is very grateful to the tribe for their help."

Result: Nothing?

I got the sealed box, and
Click to reveal..
the villager was washed away by a wave.

#218173 - 02/26/10 03:54 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: horsecrazy123]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Click to reveal..
The Aspiring Doctor, tilly has gravely ill, is a doctor and wants to know whether to fast or eat

Chose to fast, she felt worse and still sick.

Click to reveal..
Villagers hear screaming coming for the bushes they investgate and find abandoned babys. The village women are gracious and nurse them. (All women above 18 and under 50 are nursing a baby.)

#218222 - 02/26/10 02:24 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: boostone]
Elegie Offline

okay i 2 this morning.

the first one was for my youngest villager.
Click to reveal..
he got stuck in the big tree and had to get down and when he did we got lvl 2 drenology

the second one was my villager with the baby.
Click to reveal..
she had to get the baby to be quiet so she asked the rest of the villagers and they told her to dance with the baby near the sea. I think she earn some more parenting skill smile

#218324 - 02/26/10 09:14 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Elegie]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Click to reveal..
The Mysterious Footprints: Village gained 300 food

#218405 - 02/27/10 04:35 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: boostone]
armybeans Offline

Click to reveal..
I got the crying baby one again, and this time I left it alone. The baby kept crying louder and louder until everyone in the tribe was distracted and mother became frazzled. Didn't see any major damage though

Edited by armybeans (02/27/10 04:36 AM)

#218410 - 02/27/10 05:08 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Lukerie]
GoddessFish Offline

Click to reveal..
I had a 70 year old nursing mother!!!

#218468 - 02/27/10 10:34 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: GoddessFish]
Trin Offline
Adviser

Loc: Victoria, Australia
Click to reveal..
One of my children got a sore leg...had the choice to treat it by either using mashed up bark from the tree of life or mashed up rare mushrooms.

Used bark from the tree of life and he got all better, plus gained significant healing skill.

Edited by Trin (02/27/10 10:35 AM)
Edit Reason: forgot to hide it lol

#218557 - 02/27/10 09:41 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Trin]
armybeans Offline

Click to reveal..
Phosphorecent fungi One of my kids noticed a mushroom that looked odd. Vhoices were admire from afar or throw itin ocean. I chose to throw it in the ocean. My kid was gripped with vivid dreams for 2 days. He woke up with a splitting headache and as an apprentice scientist.

Edited by armybeans (02/27/10 09:41 PM)

#218653 - 02/28/10 07:09 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: armybeans]
Becca123 Offline
Guru

Loc: In a happy place =D
I got:
Click to reveal..
One where a kid got stuck in the tree of life. There were two choices; Try to get down or yell for help. I chose yell for help, and my villager ended up falling and we lost 500 tech points.

I also got:
Click to reveal..
One where a villager saw glowing faces in the trees. I chose to tell the tribe and we gained 1000 tech points.

A few non-choice events;
Click to reveal..
Bees came and stung all my villagers.

Click to reveal..
A mold grew in the food bin - lost 100 food.

Click to reveal..
I also had one where I gained 2000 tech points - can't remember the event though.

#218681 - 02/28/10 05:08 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: boostone]
Crissi Offline

The Mosquito Larvae

Click to reveal..
Waikiki notices that there are mosquito larvae collecting in the pond. Nobody wants a mosquito infestation, so the villagers decide that they should try to do something about them.

Options were to put soap in the pond or to put oil in the pond.

I chose soap: After putting soap in the pond the tribe discovers that the only effect of adding soap is that they are being eaten alive by very clean mosquitoes.

I'm not sure if the fact that the mosquitoes were biting them made a difference but many of the villagers were sick after I chose the option.

#218687 - 02/28/10 05:57 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Lukerie]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
I got this one :
Click to reveal..
and I choose the second proposition.
So: frown but I notice, in his detail screen

The other one is a good news for the fans of VV: grin
Click to reveal..
laugh Biggles!! laugh
and I chose the first proposition. So: And I got 1 level more in Medicine! grin confused

#218785 - 03/01/10 06:32 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: laurence]
GymnastMaybe Offline
Trainee

How have you guys gotten so many events?!

I have only had one :

Click to reveal..
Gained 2,000 tech points (No choices)

#218837 - 03/01/10 07:07 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Silverbeast]
SeaSiren Offline

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: Silverbeast
Click to reveal..
I had an event about glowing faces, chose the option to tell the tribe, and gained 1000 tech.

Different result. My second post, hope this comes through properly:
Click to reveal..
I got the same one, only I chose keep it to themselves and my villager disliked working.

#218847 - 03/01/10 08:51 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: laurence]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

shocked Well, I do it again for this one : (the good news for the fans of VV: grin ) and I add the 2nd proposition because I got this event twice!! laugh laugh laugh
Click to reveal..
laugh Biggles!! laugh
and I chose the first proposition. So: And I got 1 level more in Medicine! grin

Later Biggles came back to see Waipi who ask how should she care for the tree : and I got i level of Dendrology! grin

Biggles, Your the best guy of Isola!! laugh
[/quote]

#219022 - 03/03/10 02:03 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: laurence]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Another Aspiring doctor :
Click to reveal..

and I she became Master Doctor! laugh

#219048 - 03/03/10 06:36 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: laurence]
Phantom_Flame Offline
Trainee

Got this one just today and I don't think anyone else has mentioned it:
Click to reveal..
One of my farmers found a pretty pink seashell. I was given the options of "Pick it up" or "Leave it alone." I had her pick it up - she put it to her ear to see if she could hear the ocean and got pinched on the cheek by a tiny crab! Now she doesn't like crab meat.

#219082 - 03/03/10 03:45 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: SeaSiren]
blazyn Offline

Loc: Delaware (the state?!)
Click to reveal..
I got the crying villager in a tree, too, but the girl that climbed up to get him/her fell, was weakened, but gained a LOT of parenting skill. She was 17 and an adept parent :P

I'm wondering how I can heal her, as now she's pretty weakened...?

Edited by blazyn (03/03/10 03:45 PM)

#219137 - 03/03/10 10:09 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Crissi]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

The Mosquito Larvae

Click to reveal..
Waikiki notices that there are mosquito larvae collecting in the pond. Nobody wants a mosquito infestation, so the villagers decide that they should try to do something about them.

Options were to put soap in the pond or to put oil in the pond.

I chose soap: After putting soap in the pond the tribe discovers that the only effect of adding soap is that they are being eaten alive by very clean mosquitoes.

I'm not sure if the fact that the mosquitoes were biting them made a difference but many of the villagers were sick after I chose the option.
I got the same and chose
Click to reveal..
to add Oil. Then :
grin

#219175 - 03/04/10 04:22 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: laurence]
gizmeg Offline

Loc: Inverness UK
The Wet Book:

Click to reveal..
The villager finds a badly damaged wet book that is disintegrating, the choices were to read each page if she could or to return with the book to the lab.
I chose to return to the lab and a chapter about parenting was the only part saved. All the villagers studied it and they all gained some parenting skill

#219176 - 03/04/10 04:23 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Phantom_Flame]
brand1l3n Offline

Originally Posted By: Phantom_Flame
Got this one just today and I don't think anyone else has mentioned it:
Click to reveal..
One of my farmers found a pretty pink seashell. I was given the options of "Pick it up" or "Leave it alone." I had her pick it up - she put it to her ear to see if she could hear the ocean and got pinched on the cheek by a tiny crab! Now she doesn't like crab meat.

I got this one as well, and tried the 2nd option. Here's what happened:
Click to reveal..
"It's such a pretty shell! What's this? The shell appears to grow legs and scuttles away. Romi develops a new appreciation for life on the island."

My islander now likes learning, and gained a bit of research skill (very little)

I've decided to start a triber called "Event Tester". It's basically, I start a new tribe after every event, and keep a record of them all. Does anyone know if there is an actual count of how many events there are? 50? 25?

Originally Posted By: chris30s
Apprentice healer
Click to reveal..
I got the one for the healer ... gravely ill, but mine said eat tree bark from the Tree of Life. I chose to eat it and she got all better (100% healthy) ... and I think her healing skill improved a little.

Got the same one, and tried the other option, just to see:
Click to reveal..
"<Villager> decides he'd better not, and waits the illness out."

The villager is still sick, but his health bar is still high. I got a healer to him quick, and he was fine.

EDIT: Thanks to whoever merged my posts. smile

Another event, no choice. This is the 3rd version I've seen of "The Mysterious Footprints" event, but this one is not so pleasant as the other 2:
Click to reveal..
One morning the villagers notices that strange footprints have appeared on the ground overnight. They later discover that someone or something has stolen some important research tools.

Your village has lost 224 tech points (all I had at the time.)

And another no choice, The Cold Snap:
Click to reveal..
"An unseasonably cold wet wing has blown through the village. The villagers were going to huddle around the fire, but the wet, icy drizzle put out the fire!"

And yep, the fire's out. lol

Edited by brand1l3n (03/04/10 06:47 AM)

#219202 - 03/04/10 01:57 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: brand1l3n]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Click to reveal..
Quote:
One morning the villagers notices that strange footprints have appeared on the ground overnight. They later discover that someone or something has stolen some important research tools.

I've had that event but I had more tech points and lost 300 of them.

#219221 - 03/04/10 07:24 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: arnie]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: arnie
Click to reveal..
Quote:

I've had that event but I had more tech points and lost 300 of them.
I got this one too at the early beginning of my 2d tribe, but
Click to reveal..
it was food and they lose ALL!! cry ::more and more worrying about food:: cry

#219256 - 03/04/10 10:58 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Lukerie]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: gizmeg
The Wet Book:
Click to reveal..
The villager finds a badly damaged wet book that is disintegrating, the choices were to read each page if she could or to return with the book to the lab.
I chose to return to the lab and a chapter about parenting was the only part saved. All the villagers studied it and they all gained some parenting skill
This one was the 1st event of a new tribe
Click to reveal..

and I chose to let my villager read it : and, WOW!! my young guy became adept in all skills!! laugh

#219258 - 03/04/10 11:56 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: blazyn]
eleanor1183 Offline

Originally Posted By: blazyn
I'm wondering how I can heal her, as now she's pretty weakened...?

A stew of fresh water, two white herbs, one yellow herb plus food will strengthen weakened villagers when they eat it.

Edited by eleanor1183 (03/04/10 11:57 PM)

#219265 - 03/05/10 02:21 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: SeaSiren]
ntvtxn Offline

The Pretty Shell

Click to reveal..
Two kids have been constantly fighting over a pretty, round shell. Hio is sick of the bickering and decides to intervene. The children either have to be taught to share the share, or they will have to decide who will keep it.
  • Teach kids sharing
  • Teach kids negotiation

Teach Kids Negotiation: Nothing everything can be shared, and in this case a lesson about negotiation is more valuable. However, even after they pick an owner for the shell, one of the children feels very bad, outmatched at the debate over the shell. Still, the fighting has stopped. Hio's approach was innovative and effective, although maybe a bit harsh.

Edited by ntvtxn (03/05/10 02:22 AM)

#219297 - 03/05/10 10:57 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: ntvtxn]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: GymnastMaybe
I have only had one :
Click to reveal..
You don't have any events if your tribe were in Pause! frown
As I don't had enough time to play, I paused my tribe when I quit it, especially at the beginning, and I didn't get many Events also!

#219301 - 03/05/10 11:55 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: laurence]
ajuma Offline
Master

Originally Posted By: laurence
Originally Posted By: GymnastMaybe
I have only had one :
Click to reveal..
You don't have any events if your tribe were in Pause! frown
As I don't had enough time to play, I paused my tribe when I quit it, especially at the beginning, and I didn't get many Events also!

Maybe that's why I haven't had many. I've been playing for over 30 game-years and have gotten 4! Oh well, they'll come in time. Give me something else to look forward to!

#219315 - 03/05/10 03:50 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Emmote]
Mbee Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Zuid-Holland
The Sealed Box

Click to reveal..

Options:
- Swim back with the box
- Let it go

I had the same one but chose the other option.
Click to reveal..
Let it go.
Result: <name> seriously doubts that he can safely bring the box back. Whatever was inside could not make up for the loss of his live. He gives it a shove, and the box floats farther and farther out to sea until it is out of sight.

frown I seriously needed those points! But didn't want to loose Guan wink

Edited by Mbee (03/05/10 03:52 PM)

#219340 - 03/05/10 08:43 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Lukerie]
VLGRFN Offline
Trainee

Loc: Under the Banana Leaf
I've had a few of the others that have already been mentioned, but this one I haven't seen yet - I think it's the cutest yet!! I got three 10-year-olds out of the deal!!
At the time, I only had one child, so it was a welcomed surprise!

Attachments
random event got me three 10 year olds.JPG

#219368 - 03/06/10 12:16 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Mbee]
horsecrazy123 Offline
Expert

Loc: None of your business, lol
Originally Posted By: Mbee
The Sealed Box

Click to reveal..

Options:
- Swim back with the box
- Let it go

I had the same one but chose the other option.
Click to reveal..
Let it go.
Result: <name> seriously doubts that he can safely bring the box back. Whatever was inside could not make up for the loss of his live. He gives it a shove, and the box floats farther and farther out to sea until it is out of sight.

frown I seriously needed those points! But didn't want to loose Guan wink

I got that eveent, but my villager tried to bring the box back and was washed away. frown

#219374 - 03/06/10 01:28 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: horsecrazy123]
Mbee Offline
Consigliere

Originally Posted By: horsecrazy123
I got that eveent, but my villager tried to bring the box back and was washed away. frown

So even the outcome of the different options are just random shocked
I'm glad you shared this, otherwise I had chosen the other option next time

#219440 - 03/06/10 02:55 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Mbee]
Mbee Offline
Consigliere

The Pretty Shell

I didn't see this one yet in the thread:
Click to reveal..

I chose the 2e option: negotiation wich resulted in this:

Nothing was effected the kids where still allright ...
Still I'm wondering what the other option would have done confused

I tend to chose the wrong option most of the time laugh

Edited by Mbee (03/06/10 03:02 PM)

#219482 - 03/06/10 09:03 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Mbee]
Jenny23 Offline
Master

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: Mbee
I tend to chose the wrong option most of the time laugh

I don't think it is possible to really know which option is the best choice, as the consequences of each choice seems to change randomly. What is the "correct" choice one time may give negative results if chosen the next time that same event is encountered.

#219494 - 03/06/10 10:42 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Elegie]
geneon3rd Offline
Adviser

not sure where to put this.........i have 6 new babies with a father of JOEY. no idea who he is. doesn't look familiar, has dark hair, all mine are blond or red head. when i check through the details page, he is not there, he is not in the mauseleom. i don't have ghosts yet......any ideas anyone??? anyone missing a peep named joey?? he is giving me black haired babies. very cute but not in my plans....

#219502 - 03/06/10 11:30 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: geneon3rd]
Mbee Offline
Consigliere

wow shocked yes that is WEIRD ... mysterious!! did you get an event of that sort?

@ jenny: yes I know and then still I always chose the wrong option confused crazy shocked

#219503 - 03/06/10 11:33 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: geneon3rd]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Originally Posted By: geneon3rd
not sure where to put this.........i have 6 new babies with a father of JOEY. no idea who he is. doesn't look familiar, has dark hair, all mine are blond or red head. when i check through the details page, he is not there, he is not in the mauseleom. i don't have ghosts yet......any ideas anyone??? anyone missing a peep named joey?? he is giving me black haired babies. very cute but not in my plans....

This is an event. Your villagers found screaming babies in the bushes. It always gives six babies, and all of them show Joey as the father. Hope this helps. smile

#219515 - 03/07/10 03:39 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Antheia]
Mbee Offline
Consigliere

@ Havora ehm Havetia? confused anyway thanks for the explanation I think that's a cool event!

anyone seen this before?

The Phosphorescent Fungi
Click to reveal..

I chose first option and threw it in the ocean:

Bozo's science-skill was halfway filled - lucky me laugh

#220114 - 03/14/10 05:51 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: esther1981]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: esther1981
Click to reveal..
i got one where my only kid ate food and was questioned by the adults. the choices were tell the truth or lie about it. i told the truth and my little boy had to help pick blackberries and think about what he did. he also got some farming skill out of it so i'm happy smile
I chose the other proposal:
Click to reveal..
to lie so

#220143 - 03/15/10 03:39 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: laurence]
susie-e Offline
Trainee

Loc: the Netherlands
The mysterious footprints...

Click to reveal..
[/spoiler]One morning the villagers notice that strange footprints have appeared on the ground overnight. They later discover that a wealth of honeycombs have appeared, seemingly out of nowhere.
Your village gains 300 food.[spoiler]

#220148 - 03/15/10 03:55 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: susie-e]
susie-e Offline
Trainee

Daredevil Barrel...of Babies!

Click to reveal..
[/spoiler]The villagers hear a racket in the distance that sounds like a large drum rolling down a hill. A moment later, they see a barrel with little heads peeking out of it appear at the top of the highest waterfall. Horrified, they watch it plummet down the waterfalls, until it reaches the pond. It bobs about in the water, and they manage to grab it before it sinks. Much to their relief, they find several giggling kids in the barrel, completely unharmed![spoiler]

#220151 - 03/15/10 04:57 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: susie-e]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

I had the one where an adult finds a kid stuck in the tree.
Click to reveal..
Against my better judgement I decided he should climb the tree to help and my villager fell and hurt himself. His health bar dropped to about one-fifth full, He was "weakened" but not "sick". However, his parenting skills went up past adept level.

I left the game a little later and reopened it after an hour or so. I noticed he was missing, and found him in the mausoleum. He'd died because of a "work accident". frown

To make things worse, he was the only runner in the tribe; I had big plans for him. cry

#220182 - 03/15/10 10:15 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: arnie]
susie-e Offline
Trainee

I have a lot of this:
The Aspiring Doctor

Click to reveal..
[/spoiler]Rimaroa has fallen gravely ill. She is also an aspiring healer and has long theorized that eating a bit of bark from the Tree of Life would have to be healthful.
-Eat a bit --> knowledge in medicine goes up.
-Better not --> didn't try...
[spoiler]

#220183 - 03/15/10 10:22 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: susie-e]
susie-e Offline
Trainee

This one is good! I had it before, but choose the wrong one...

The Climber

Click to reveal..
[/spoiler]Mojo decides to climb the great banyan, thinking that it would be a great achievement to climb the Tree of Life! Unfortunately he gets stuck at the top of the tree and can't figure out how to get back down.
-Try to find a way down --> The first step was a bad one. Mojo tumbles down through the branches, badly hurting his leg, and lands behind the tree. Hee lies there for a full day and night before discovered and rescued by the tribe. This time let him bond with the tree in an unexpected way. Your tribe gains a level of Dendrology tech.
-Start yelling for help --> Lose tech point because of your tribe being busy getting him out of the tree.[spoiler]

#220409 - 03/20/10 02:29 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Lukerie]
Sabre Offline

Click to reveal..
I got an event twice where one of my farmers had an idea to put pressure on the fruit while the were cooking in the pit.....the first time I choose the "it's too dangerous/don't do it option" and nothing happened....the second time I choose to apply pressure on the fruit and the villager slips and steps on the hot coals frown

#220410 - 03/20/10 02:54 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Sabre]
Mbee Offline
Consigliere

Originally Posted By: Sabre
Click to reveal..
I got an event twice where one of my farmers had an idea to put pressure on the fruit while the were cooking in the pit.....the first time I choose the "it's too dangerous/don't do it option" and nothing happened....the second time I choose to apply pressure on the fruit and the villager slips and steps on the hot coals frown

I had this event too and choose
Click to reveal..
to apply pressure on the fruit and the villager was succesfull and set new standards in farming, gained farmerskill if I remember correctly confused

So the outcome of the events can be different, everytime you'd better think twice ... laugh

#220439 - 03/20/10 08:25 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Havetia]
brand1l3n Offline

Originally Posted By: Havetia
Click to reveal..
After a rain, Walter sees an arc of brilliant colors in the sky. He has seen these before and knows that they don't last long, but he would like to know what is at the end of one.

The left side of the arc appears to be near the mausoleum, while the right side appears to be dangerously close the the eastern cliff.

I'm not sure if anyone is already working on it but I'm making an event guide with everyone's events and results. smile

I just got this one, and tried the second option. I got:
Click to reveal..
Run to the right side: Your tribe gains 300 food.
(The arc seems to go just behind the cliff. Just a little further and he can see what is back there. Wow! He sees a huge patch of rare mushrooms and scoops them up for the tribe.)

#220470 - 03/21/10 09:19 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: brand1l3n]
Magic100 Offline

Originally Posted By: brand1l3n
Originally Posted By: Havetia
Click to reveal..

I just got this one, and tried the second option. I got:
Click to reveal..
Run to the right side: Your tribe gains 300 food.
(The arc seems to go just behind the cliff. Just a little further and he can see what is back there. Wow! He sees a huge patch of rare mushrooms and scoops them up for the tribe.)

Click to reveal..

I got that twice so first time i picked left:
The Rainbow Fades
Right Side:
Falls Off Cliff

In my tribe the adults all died this morning. I have 4 Kids left. The stream has dried up/ blocked. cry

#220481 - 03/21/10 06:06 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Magic100]
skipper45mn Offline
Expert

Loc: minnesota
Well I have had some of the events listed here already some I haven't.

I have had this one
Click to reveal..
>name< a potential healer has often theorized about the healing properties of the bark of the tree. She is ill choices are eat a bit of bark or not I chose to eat a bit and my person became apprentice healer

Later same tribe different person got same one almost
Click to reveal..
>name< was potential healer theorized about the healing properties of the leaves of the tree choices eat a bit or not chose to eat and person became apprentice healer

so had 2 apprentice healers in same tribe

the next events I got were not ones where there were choices:

1. One day >name< discovered more blackberries behind the blackberry bush tribe gained 350 berries on the bush to pick.

2. Wasps nest in village sting the villagers some of them have a reaction to the stings result some of the villagers health drops down.

#220663 - 03/25/10 02:01 PM An Island Event
MrLynn Offline

Has anyone else experienced the following event in VV4?

Click to reveal..
The Calabash Instrument

I searched through the forums and couldn't find it mentioned.

I chose to

Click to reveal..
Fill it to the top and I lost 2000 tech points

#220665 - 03/25/10 05:16 PM Re: An Island Event [Re: MrLynn]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Yes.
Click to reveal..
Fill it up half-way and you gain 3000 tech points.

#220747 - 03/27/10 10:27 PM Re: An Island Event [Re: arnie]
Ratraccoon Offline

I got the random event where 2 kids fight over a shell and an adult villager has to choose between teaching the kids about sharing or negotiating 3 times. Teach them sharing and your villager becomes an adapt parent. Teach them negotiation and your villager gains a little skill in every thing except parenting.

The first time I got this event I had only one kid in my village so apparently one of my villagers is a bit crazy.

#220780 - 03/28/10 10:19 PM Re: An Island Event [Re: Ratraccoon]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
Island events don't bother to count your tribe first. They will happen pretty much at random.

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#220988 - 04/06/10 02:29 PM Re: What kind of Island Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Lukerie]
SageOfWinds Offline

I have no idea why, but I got the same two events right away both times I started the game.

Click to reveal..
I got the one about the aspiring doctor getting sick and being advised to munch on tree bark from a dying tree. All that bark worked out pretty well for the tree, right? But when I had them munch the bark, they felt lots better, and became adept doctors. Woo woo! My 6-year-old has mad skillz, yo!

Click to reveal..
Then I got the one about the screaming baby. Since every mommy knows that ditching your firstborn son is a BAD idea (bats and bears and badgers, oh my!), I picked the option to dance on the beach with the child. The baby's OK, the mommy took a nap, and she added "Dancing" as one of her likes.

Oh, yeah... I got the one about the bee stings too.
Click to reveal..
One person got sick, but my new apprentice doctor patched him right up. Everyone ran around randomly for a few seconds. Very cute! Strangely enough, nobody dislikes bees...

Edited by SageOfWinds (04/06/10 04:21 PM)

#221080 - 04/09/10 04:55 PM Re: What kind of Island Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Lukerie]
Chris_B Offline
Trainee

I had
Click to reveal..
one of my children coming across a rare crab and had the choice between cutting its tale off for healing properties or letting it go. I chose to
Click to reveal..
let it go and got a level of food mastery because the crab had a food storage of its own. I had just started a new tribe so this was quite a gift

#221404 - 04/20/10 04:06 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*!
Dandep Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
Wow, I just had an awesome event. My villagers woke up one morning to hear crying babies. They investigated and found the babies swaddled up tight, lying under some bushes. Guess what? There were 6 babies! So now I have 6 of my women caring for them. I can't wait til they put them down. I didn't think we were going to get any adopted babies because I hadn't seen any barrels of babies. This is cool. Has this happened to anyone else?

#221419 - 04/20/10 01:51 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Dandep]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Yes, I've had this a couple of times. Once I got three, the other only one. I think the reason I got less than you is that I didn't have enough housing for a larger population.

There is also a barrel of babies event; I've had this only once so far. I can't remember now how many were in the barrel.

#221427 - 04/21/10 03:00 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: laurence]
George T SLC Offline
Expert

Loc: Utah
Originally Posted By: laurence
The Mosquito Larvae
I got the same and chose
Click to reveal..
to add Oil. Then :
grin
That is in fact the real-world solution to the problem.

Originally Posted By: Serafinos
Okay -- I'm DUMB! How are you all getting the "click to reveal... show me!" thingy? smirk
Or instead of typing out the spoiler commands, as the previous answer suggested, you can highlight the part you want to hide, then click the button that has an S with a / thru it--first clicking the Switch to Full Reply Screen if necessary to get the buttons!

Edited by Xay (04/21/10 07:29 PM)
Edit Reason: combined consecutive posts

#221659 - 04/30/10 07:36 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: laurence]
catsend Offline

*SPOILER*

I got a weird and nasty version of the crab bite.

Click to reveal..

Killed my entire village. No time for a healer. Bite event then everyone's dead. Bam bam bam.

Edited by catsend (04/30/10 07:38 AM)

#222083 - 05/23/10 04:54 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: catsend]
Miranda131 Offline

How often do you get these random events? It seems to me that as my tribe grows, the events seem to come less frequently.

#222084 - 05/23/10 04:56 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Miranda131]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The events can occur as often as once or twice a day, and the more often you play the game, the more likely you are to see the most events. If you don't run the game at least twice a day, or you pause your game fairly often, you will encounter fewer events.

#222182 - 05/30/10 02:13 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: LadyCFII]
123isolagirl Offline
Consigliere

Loc: *looks up* Huh? Where am I?
Originally Posted By: Serafinos

1. Go to FAQ
2. Click "What UBBCode can I use in my posts?"
3. You will find ALL the tags there.
Click to reveal..
Here's a few to get you started (without the hyphens):
[-b-]-text-[-/-b-]= Makes the given text bold.
[-i-]-text-[-/-i-] = Makes the given text italic.
[-u-]-text-[-/-u-]= Underlines the given text.
Click to reveal..
[-spoiler-]-text-[-/-spoiler-]= Will wrap your text in a spoiler container. Users must click a button in order to see this text, thus giving them the ability to specify if they want to read the item.

Quote:
[-quote-]-text-[-/-quote-] = Surrounds the given text with blockquote and hr's. This UBBCode tag is used for quoting a reply.

Originally Posted By: ...
[-quote-=-username-]text[-/-quote-] = Surrounds the given text with blockquote and hr's. This UBBCode tag is used for quoting a reply. The username specified will be shown as quoted.

Sorry for the long reply! shocked

Edited by 123isolagirl (05/30/10 02:24 AM)
Edit Reason: make it more interesting

#223072 - 07/02/10 07:39 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: 123isolagirl]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
OMG, OMG I just had an event that drowned one of my villagers! Good thing he had just produced a baby with another villager minutes before! And thank goodness I didn't have to see his body washed up on shore! There was no body.

Attachments
machu.jpg

Description: Rest in peace Machu

#230938 - 03/04/12 12:28 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: MissKathy]
NeonCookies Offline

Loc: Oregon
Click to reveal..
I got The Wet Book. Ricky is walking along the beach when he trips over a wet object. He picks it up and discovers it is a waterlogged book. He opens the front cover, which disintegrates almost immediately. He can read each page as it disintegrates or bring it to the scientists. I chose bring it to the scientists and the result was: Despite cradling the book in his arms and moving as quickly as possible, the book is almost gone bu the time he makes it to the lab. The only section left is one about nurturing children. the whole tribe reads it and is grateful for what they could salvage. each of my villagers gained a little bit of parenting skill. Even the 6 year old!
These aren't exact quotes but they are very similar. Yes, I named my person Ricky.

#231292 - 04/27/12 02:51 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: NeonCookies]
Angela J. K. Offline

Loc: Mount Idaho
today i got an event that said my villager kayak is dethly ill. my options are drink some sea water or better not. i said better not and he was still sick but he didn't die which is really good.

#232760 - 03/30/13 06:15 PM Re: What kind of Island Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Lukerie]
Jo13 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Portugal
In the tribe I currently have in VV4, I've had the following events happen (my memory is a bit hazy on most, though, as I hadn't played this tribe for a very long time until yesterday):
-the mysterious fog appeared, resulting in the loss of all the tech points I had at the time (I'm pretty sure I've had that one happen more than once);
-the mysterious fog "stole" all the food I had at the time (twice in a row, and at the beginning, when they had very little food - needless to say it was more than a little annoying);
-Biggles appeared and allowed the villager to ask him a question (I think I got a Dendrology level out of that one);
-the one with the children fighting over a shell (I chose "teach how to share");
-the one where a child ate some food and had to lie or confess what he had done to the adults(he told the truth); -the aspiring doctor one (the villager got better - I think I might have had this one happen more than once too).

#232795 - 04/02/13 10:22 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Elegie]
Taco Freak Offline
Adviser

Loc: US
The exact same island events can have different effects! I'd chose which ever one is safe, not take chances!

#234816 - 06/04/13 01:05 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Houjun]
VV3 girl123 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: The Wild West
Omg! Really!? I had the same event but it worked and my villager became an adept builder.

#235832 - 07/25/13 02:06 PM Re: What kind of Island Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Lukerie]
Jo13 Offline
Adviser

In one of my newest tribes, I finally got the "crying babies found in bushes" event. (I'd played half a dozen other tribes in VV4 before, this particular event never happened in any of those.) All six babies turned out to be girls. smile

#235836 - 07/25/13 07:11 PM Re: What kind of Island Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Jo13]
VV3 girl123 Offline
Consigliere

woah, were you running low on gals?

#235842 - 07/26/13 12:14 AM Re: What kind of Island Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: VV3 girl123]
Jo13 Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: VV3 girl123
woah, were you running low on gals?

No, not really, the population was pretty much balanced at the time they found the babies. I guess I just got the unlikely end of the odds with those six (same if they had all been boys). smile

#235843 - 07/26/13 12:59 AM Re: What kind of Island Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Jo13]
VV3 girl123 Offline
Consigliere

hmm, whatever, i dont even get what youre saying, im feeling kinda dumb today. Anyways, any screenshots?

You know what 6 extra girls mean...more babies!

#235852 - 07/26/13 02:53 PM Re: What kind of Island Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: VV3 girl123]
Jo13 Offline
Adviser

hmm, whatever, i dont even get what youre saying, im feeling kinda dumb today. Anyways, any screenshots?

You know what 6 extra girls mean...more babies!

I guess I didn't word it that well, sorry! I meant that the game didn't really care much for the gender balance in my tribe, and that six babies all turning out to be girls (if you consider it's pretty much 50/50 for the gender the babies turn out to be) is not that likely to happen (when compared to, say, 3 of each gender, or 4 of one gender and 2 of the other). But yes, they were a welcome addition to the tribe as a population boost goes. smile
Sorry, no screenshots. frown Those girls are now in their 30s, didn't get any screenshots of them as babies, or children, or the event itself.

Started a new tribe 2 days ago or so, and as a challenge the 5 villagers I chose were all nursing mothers. That tribe has been going on for 12 Isola years now (never paused it, but I did change it to slow game speed before I went to sleep, then back to fast the next day), and I've had 4 events so far. Since I've decided to get screencaps of all events from now on after starting this tribe, I do have photos of these ones (under spoiler tags):
Click to reveal..

Click to reveal..

Click to reveal..

Edited by Jo13 (07/26/13 02:55 PM)

#235855 - 07/26/13 09:09 PM Re: What kind of Island Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Jo13]
VV3 girl123 Offline
Consigliere

whoa, you're like the odd chance receiver! First the six girls, and now there are three island events out of four that feature the same villager!!!

#235885 - 07/28/13 06:04 PM Re: What kind of Island Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: VV3 girl123]
Jo13 Offline
Adviser

whoa, you're like the odd chance receiver! First the six girls, and now there are three island events out of four that feature the same villager!!!

Well, while the six girls one was unlikely, two of the events in the tribe involving Romilda (the villager in the white dress) really wasn't, as I only had 10 people in the tribe both times I got events involving her (the Biggles one and the seawater one). The third choice event that happened in that tribe (sealed box) involved Kali (the red-haired villager), not Romilda. smile

And I had a new event happen in that same tribe. Another non-choice event this time:
Click to reveal..

#235893 - 07/28/13 09:40 PM Re: What kind of Island Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: VV3 girl123]
VV3 girl123 Offline
Consigliere

um, okay! Apparently I can't read anymore! Oh and I just noticed that when the strange footprints that you only HAD 300 food, so he/she stole all you had. frown

#235903 - 07/29/13 03:28 PM Re: What kind of Island Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: VV3 girl123]
Jo13 Offline
Adviser

um, okay! Apparently I can't read anymore! Oh and I just noticed that when the strange footprints that you only HAD 300 food, so he/she stole all you had. frown

Yes, I've noticed one of the footprints events takes away all the food you have in the bin (I think there is another that only takes x units of food, no matter how much you have, but I'm not sure).
I just had the tech points version of the mysterious footprints events happen, too (it took away 2000 tech points, but I did have a lot more this time).
Click to reveal..

#237533 - 11/22/14 04:51 PM Re: What kind of Island Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Jo13]
Bram Offline
Trainee

any island event list,either pdf or picture? or website page? hard to look one by one for 12 page..

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter