Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 104 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#221080 - 04/09/10 04:55 PM Re: What kind of Island Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Lukerie]
Chris_B Offline
Trainee

I had
Click to reveal..
one of my children coming across a rare crab and had the choice between cutting its tale off for healing properties or letting it go. I chose to
Click to reveal..
let it go and got a level of food mastery because the crab had a food storage of its own. I had just started a new tribe so this was quite a gift

#221404 - 04/20/10 04:06 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*!
Dandep Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
Wow, I just had an awesome event. My villagers woke up one morning to hear crying babies. They investigated and found the babies swaddled up tight, lying under some bushes. Guess what? There were 6 babies! So now I have 6 of my women caring for them. I can't wait til they put them down. I didn't think we were going to get any adopted babies because I hadn't seen any barrels of babies. This is cool. Has this happened to anyone else?

#221419 - 04/20/10 01:51 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Dandep]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Yes, I've had this a couple of times. Once I got three, the other only one. I think the reason I got less than you is that I didn't have enough housing for a larger population.

There is also a barrel of babies event; I've had this only once so far. I can't remember now how many were in the barrel.

#221427 - 04/21/10 03:00 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: laurence]
George T SLC Offline
Expert

Loc: Utah
Originally Posted By: laurence
Originally Posted By: Crissi
The Mosquito Larvae
I got the same and chose
Click to reveal..
to add Oil. Then :
grin
That is in fact the real-world solution to the problem.

Originally Posted By: Serafinos
Okay -- I'm DUMB! How are you all getting the "click to reveal... show me!" thingy? smirk
Or instead of typing out the spoiler commands, as the previous answer suggested, you can highlight the part you want to hide, then click the button that has an S with a / thru it--first clicking the Switch to Full Reply Screen if necessary to get the buttons!

Edited by Xay (04/21/10 07:29 PM)
Edit Reason: combined consecutive posts

#221659 - 04/30/10 07:36 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: laurence]
catsend Offline

*SPOILER*

I got a weird and nasty version of the crab bite.

Click to reveal..

Killed my entire village. No time for a healer. Bite event then everyone's dead. Bam bam bam.

Edited by catsend (04/30/10 07:38 AM)

#222083 - 05/23/10 04:54 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: catsend]
Miranda131 Offline

How often do you get these random events? It seems to me that as my tribe grows, the events seem to come less frequently.

#222084 - 05/23/10 04:56 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Miranda131]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The events can occur as often as once or twice a day, and the more often you play the game, the more likely you are to see the most events. If you don't run the game at least twice a day, or you pause your game fairly often, you will encounter fewer events.

#222182 - 05/30/10 02:13 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: LadyCFII]
123isolagirl Offline
Consigliere

Loc: *looks up* Huh? Where am I?
Originally Posted By: Serafinos
Okay -- I'm DUMB! How are you all getting the "click to reveal... show me!" thingy? smirk

1. Go to FAQ
2. Click "What UBBCode can I use in my posts?"
3. You will find ALL the tags there.
Click to reveal..
Here's a few to get you started (without the hyphens):
[-b-]-text-[-/-b-]= Makes the given text bold.
[-i-]-text-[-/-i-] = Makes the given text italic.
[-u-]-text-[-/-u-]= Underlines the given text.
Click to reveal..
[-spoiler-]-text-[-/-spoiler-]= Will wrap your text in a spoiler container. Users must click a button in order to see this text, thus giving them the ability to specify if they want to read the item.

Quote:
[-quote-]-text-[-/-quote-] = Surrounds the given text with blockquote and hr's. This UBBCode tag is used for quoting a reply.

Originally Posted By: ...
[-quote-=-username-]text[-/-quote-] = Surrounds the given text with blockquote and hr's. This UBBCode tag is used for quoting a reply. The username specified will be shown as quoted.

Sorry for the long reply! shocked

Edited by 123isolagirl (05/30/10 02:24 AM)
Edit Reason: make it more interesting

#223072 - 07/02/10 07:39 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: 123isolagirl]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
OMG, OMG I just had an event that drowned one of my villagers! Good thing he had just produced a baby with another villager minutes before! And thank goodness I didn't have to see his body washed up on shore! There was no body.

Attachments
machu.jpg

Description: Rest in peace Machu

#230938 - 03/04/12 12:28 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: MissKathy]
NeonCookies Offline

Loc: Oregon
Click to reveal..
I got The Wet Book. Ricky is walking along the beach when he trips over a wet object. He picks it up and discovers it is a waterlogged book. He opens the front cover, which disintegrates almost immediately. He can read each page as it disintegrates or bring it to the scientists. I chose bring it to the scientists and the result was: Despite cradling the book in his arms and moving as quickly as possible, the book is almost gone bu the time he makes it to the lab. The only section left is one about nurturing children. the whole tribe reads it and is grateful for what they could salvage. each of my villagers gained a little bit of parenting skill. Even the 6 year old!
These aren't exact quotes but they are very similar. Yes, I named my person Ricky.

Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter