Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 99 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
#217470 - 02/23/10 08:18 AM Re: Question about stew. [SPOILERS] [Re: Houjun]
dixie50 Offline
Trainee

Ya I found them and the villagers could not get enough!
Here are 2 I have found hope they help someone

Click to reveal..
3 yellow flowers = sweet mix that they villagers not only eat but use to honor the tree.

Click to reveal..
2 yellow and one red = all the villagers gather and eat health goes up

#217473 - 02/23/10 08:43 AM Re: Question about stew. [SPOILERS] [Re: dixie50]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
I'm sure we will be posting a complete guide to stews but it may have to wait a little bit. Meanwhile there are 2 things that can cause it to say unfinished stew.

For most edible stews, you will need
Click to reveal..
3 herbs; fresh water and food from the food bin.

Click to reveal..
If you have a mix of 3 different herbs, that relates to puzzle 11. This is a special stew and likely will not be solved until the game is well under way. You will have to solve puzzles 3; 7; & 12 first. You also have to have some advanced levels in certain fields.

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#217475 - 02/23/10 08:47 AM Re: Question about stew. [SPOILERS] [Re: Houjun]
*Vanna Offline
Consigliere

Loc: TEXAS
I am already working on a guide :D, I start off writing down each recipe that i make, and what they do, every time i start a New VV!!

#217489 - 02/23/10 11:55 AM Refusing to eat stew [contains spoilers]
slh Offline
Adviser

I have been having trouble getting my villagers to eat stews.

I've made at least 4 different stews successfully earlier today (so I know what needs to be done), but now they just won't eat. The message I'm getting is "unfinished stew". There definitely IS boiling water, 3 herbs, and something from the food bin.

I wonder if it has something to do with my completed puzzles. I just finished puzzle 7, and when I make someone use that, they carry the item to the stew, not to the food bin. When I get the message that it's unfinished, I can still take something from the food bin. When I click on the pot, I don't get a "x more herbs needed" message.

I cannot empty out the water, and have had a "water must be boiling" message a few times. So I've done that part again, added 3 more herbs, more food, and tried it all over again (basically doing everything except filling the pot with water, because the water is already there). Every time, the villager is happy to mix (if there were already too many herbs, I'd expect they'd say so), but once mixed, and food added, they refuse to eat, saying "unfinished stew".

After closing the game down and reopening, the pot is now empty. I make a stew using all the correct ingredients, and they still refuse to eat, saying the stew is unfinished.

Edited by slh (02/23/10 12:08 PM)

#217491 - 02/23/10 12:12 PM Re: Refusing to eat stew [contains spoilers] [Re: slh]
slh Offline
Adviser

Just noticed, my child is also now carrying mushrooms straight to the stew, not to the food bin.

I have a feeling it's getting mixed up about exactly what IS in the stew, as it will now allow me to just keep adding more and more ingredients.

#217509 - 02/23/10 02:04 PM Re: Question about stew. [SPOILERS] [Re: dixie50]
esther1981 Offline
Master

Loc: Marion, Ohio
Originally Posted By: dixie50
Ya I found them and the villagers could not get enough!
Here are 2 I have found hope they help someone

Click to reveal..
3 yellow flowers = sweet mix that they villagers not only eat but use to honor the tree.

on this one, i got that too but then they
Click to reveal..
were contemplating the tree and got stuck that way! i finally had to pull them away and put them back to work! did that happen to urs too?

#217511 - 02/23/10 02:18 PM Re: Question about stew. [SPOILERS] [Re: Houjun]
cyberbob008 Offline

i don't get it. what do i have to add to fresh water?
i added 3 diffrent kind of herbs and food, but still unfinished.

#217516 - 02/23/10 02:52 PM Re: Refusing to eat stew [contains spoilers] [Re: slh]
biddy Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Lancashire Great Britain
I am having the same problem - except my kids are not taking mushies to the stew!

#217527 - 02/23/10 03:20 PM Re: Refusing to eat stew [contains spoilers] [Re: biddy]
TorNis Offline
Adviser

Shrooms are seems to be the new component.
But yeah, I still trying to figure out, how to finish stew...maybe adding soup?

#217537 - 02/23/10 03:48 PM Re: Refusing to eat stew [contains spoilers] [Re: TorNis]
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Loc: America's Birthplace
I will not give you the straight point-blank answer; but I will give you a couple of hints:

Click to reveal..
The action line for your villagers says the stew needs something nutrious -- what is nutrious? Think about it, the item has been in every VV game. Try taking your villager around to various places that one will find nutrious things.

Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter