Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 87 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#221028 - 04/07/10 08:14 PM Re: Questions about Puzzle #8 (contains spoilers) [Re: Morskow]
BlueEffect14 Offline

Loc: Roumanie
PLSPLS help... i really can`t understand which or where is that pulpy vine plant...or at least what colour dows it have ...:( ?
the only plants i see are soaping-smelling plant , sweet-smelling plant and spicy-smelling plant

#221029 - 04/07/10 09:00 PM Re: Questions about Puzzle #8 (contains spoilers) [Re: BlueEffect14]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
Here they are:
Click to reveal..
and
wink smile

#221030 - 04/07/10 09:22 PM Re: Questions about Puzzle #8 (contains spoilers) [Re: laurence]
BlueEffect14 Offline

Loc: Roumanie
OMG =))) nice, and i didn`t even saw them
THANK you so much laugh

#221121 - 04/11/10 06:35 PM Re: Questions about Puzzle #8 (contains spoilers) [Re: BlueEffect14]
PollyMT Offline
Adviser

Hi,

I am trying to make cloth to finish soemthing but everytime I get a villager to lift the pul[, it diasappears out of their hands. I have made lots before this and never had this problem.

any ideas what is happening?

~~

Worked it out! I had an elderly villager set to parenting - I think she was getting mad at everyone before they could get the pulp on the ground.

I changed her into a famer and problem solved!

Thanks,

P

#221410 - 04/20/10 05:39 AM Re: Questions about Puzzle #8 (contains spoilers) [Re: PollyMT]
George T SLC Offline
Expert

Loc: Utah
The Official LDW Guide for this Puzzle says that you need Level
Click to reveal..
of a certain Tech, when you actually need
Click to reveal..
Level 2
(as correctly noted in multiple spoilers here). Since LDW "reserves the right to make changes . . . to the game guide itself, at anytime and without notice," I hope they'll exercise that right and make the correction.

And while they're at it, put a space in "any time"!

Also, there are clothes hanging from a bar on the clothing hut even BEFORE you build it, so yes it's easy to identify.

Edited by George T SLC (04/20/10 05:47 AM)

#221412 - 04/20/10 06:43 AM Re: Questions about Puzzle #8 (contains spoilers) [Re: George T SLC]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
We are aware of the issue, George. smile

Also, this post by LadyCFII helps explain inconsistencies in the guide. laugh
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#221516 - 04/22/10 10:04 PM Re: Questions about Puzzle #8 (contains spoilers) [Re: Xay]
George T SLC Offline
Expert

@Xay: Thank you for the acknowledgment!

However, I know how easy it is to change a few characters in a PDF file if you've got the full Acrobat program--that is, very easy! So I'm wondering why* somebody doesn't just go in and change:
Click to reveal..
3 -> 2, 3 -> 2 (in another place), & piles of fish -> fishing piers
and republish for download?

It's not like y'all had to order in rolls of slick paper, or have any expertise whatever with graphics (which is what often defeated ME in Acrobat) . . . but of course there may be logistics, contractual issues, or something else that I know nothing about!

For that matter, I may not have discovered everything that y'all would want to change.
------------
* And I mean "wondering why", not "condemning you because"!
------------

Completely unrelated, but more relevant to this thread:

I am extremely pleased to discover that (unlike VV3) we can now change children's outfits at the clothing hut! Same cost as adults, but they grow into them. grin

P.S. How weird is it that the posting software knows how to spell "children" but not "children's"?

Edited by George T SLC (04/22/10 10:07 PM)
Edit Reason: Trying to be accurate, fair, not insulting, . . . 'cuz I DO respect LDW a lot!

#221519 - 04/22/10 11:06 PM Re: Questions about Puzzle #8 (contains spoilers) [Re: George T SLC]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
There are issues involved here that have nothing to do with our knowledge of how to use Acrobat (or any other software product). The source for the guide is not an Adobe Acrobat file, for one thing, and there are other considerations that I am not at liberty to discuss here. Rolls of slick paper aside (imagine trying to help people figure out how to download those), let's just say that it's more complex than meets the eye.

#221536 - 04/23/10 03:45 PM Re: Questions about Puzzle #8 (contains spoilers) [Re: LadyCFII]
George T SLC Offline
Expert

I was noticing, correctly, that the OUTPUT is a PDF (not necessarily editable, there could be password and/or contractual issues, for instance). But hidden complexity is what I was guessing, as I'm sure you noticed, good Lady, and you have confirmed that.

AH, well. And thank you for your prompt response!

Edited by George T SLC (04/23/10 04:17 PM)
Edit Reason: Clarification

#221561 - 04/24/10 10:59 PM Re: Questions about Puzzle #8 (contains spoilers) [Re: Gamemastr1]
sweetpixy14 Offline

Found an easy way to make double the amount in half the time!

Click to reveal..
When you bring the cloth to the rock to make it, put two people on it. It will be made twice as fast and when they are done, they will both pick up a set of cloth bolts and take it to the cloth hut. When it gets dropped off at the hut, you will have 6 bolts instead of the usual 3!

smile

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter