Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 104 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186928 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#218185 - 02/26/10 06:05 AM Re: an organised system for outfit mods [Re: xman]
Elf-girl Offline
Expert

Loc: I move too fast to know
I usually prefer working alone. I know I am not the best modder out there, but there is some thing in me that makes me think, "I don't want anyone touching my project". It's a good idea, but it would be a lot of work. Right now, I am working on modesty. I found a lot of the girls' outfits to be very immodest. I know LDW was trying to make it more realistic (I guess Isola must be hot for such swim-suity clothes!) but I like more modesty in my villagers. So I am working on that. It's not so hard so far.

smile

#218202 - 02/26/10 09:00 AM Re: an organised system for outfit mods [Re: Elf-girl]
HeatherW Offline

I gotta say, not only are the female outfits like swimwear, but I find them boring, ugly and repetitive compared to previous games. There are only 2 female outfits I like in VV4, whereas there is only 1 male outfit I dislike!

Don't get me wrong, the game is fantastic in all ways (including heads and hairstyles), but the women's clothes leave something to be desired.

If someone wanted to mod 6 or 8 past favorite outfits into this one, I'd be forever in their debt. You know, back up the original VV4 files but play with the 6 or 8 ugliest permanently replaced with old favorites....

I love the old pink princess dress, and it would be even better in 2 or 3 colours. Also liked the short, "spiky" dress that came in yellow and white. Sorry, don't know how to add image files to show which ones.

#218368 - 02/27/10 01:32 AM Re: an organised system for outfit mods [Re: HeatherW]
brand1l3n Offline

I know nothing about modding, so all I can do is offer suggestions for some interesting mods, should other like to try them.

VV2 has my favorite outfits, and I'd love to see them in this game.

I love the new hairstyles. They are my favorites out of all of them, with 2 exceptions: The blue-haired and rainbow haired girls of VVFamilies. smile

A less "pink'n'purple" Love Shack. How about some green and blue? Or Neon green and orange? :P Maybe a palm tree instead of the hot tub?

Maybe different colored cloth/cloth pulp?

Just some thoughts. ^_^

EDIT: Oh! And what about dragonfiles instead of butterflies? That would be lovely!

Edited by brand1l3n (02/27/10 01:33 AM)

#218406 - 02/27/10 04:37 AM Re: an organised system for outfit mods [Re: brand1l3n]
txmom2 Offline
Consigliere

Daughter 1 says: Brand-what color cloth do you want? That's a pretty simple mod that even I can do(coming from the girl who has just started experimenting with gimp and still knows very little about mods). I might also be able to change the love hut, although the side effect would be that not only would the color of the flowers change, but the hut itself would. But if you want a monochromatic hut, then I guess that would be a good thing.

Lil sis here: The cloth would be so easy that even I could do it (coming from the girl who has even less knowledge of gimp than my sister). To Heather: I know the princess dress you're talking about, it's my fav. And I know the outfits are swim-suity, but they are nice. I honestly could care less about mods. But having the princess dress would be nice, and different colors would be awesome. But, like my sister said, we (and some others) are still figuring it out.

I think I'm getting off-topic.

#218474 - 02/27/10 11:27 AM Re: an organised system for outfit mods [Re: txmom2]
xman Offline
Adviser

Loc: London, England
I think youwould be better off, not changing clothes by reolouring. But making an entirely new row. Make sure it's grided and crossing outfits together.

#218514 - 02/27/10 05:20 PM Re: an organised system for outfit mods [Re: xman]
txmom2 Offline
Consigliere

I know that, but I didn't mean the outfit's themselves, I was talking about the cloth pulp mod brand suggested.

#218561 - 02/27/10 09:48 PM Re: an organised system for outfit mods [Re: brand1l3n]
PROPHETxOFxDOOM Offline

Originally Posted By: brand1l3n

^_^

EDIT: Oh! And what about dragonfiles instead of butterflies? That would be lovely!

Or Fire Flyes

Edited by Xay (02/27/10 10:54 PM)
Edit Reason: removed off topic song lyrics

#219003 - 03/02/10 11:45 PM Re: an organised system for outfit mods [Re: Lady Emz]
Scully Offline
Adviser

Loc: Cocoa, Florida
I love many of the mods from previous games...filmy "romantic" dresses, pretty flowers and vines, etc. But my favorite mod is a practical one, and I hope someone will redo it for VV4. It's the bars on the Skills page, that show how close your villager is to achieving his next level of skills. Could someone please let me know if that one is re-made for VV4? Thanks!

#219007 - 03/03/10 12:00 AM Re: an organised system for outfit mods [Re: Scully]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
I made a mod like that for VV3 back when it came out, but I have not yet had the time to re-do it for VV4. Hopefully I will soon smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#219049 - 03/03/10 07:25 AM Re: an organised system for outfit mods [Re: txmom2]
brand1l3n Offline

Originally Posted By: txmom2
I know that, but I didn't mean the outfit's themselves, I was talking about the cloth pulp mod brand suggested.

Any bright color, really. The tan is so drab, though I suppose that it's true-to-life. But a pretty green, red, blue, or even orange would be lovely. ^_^

And a monochromatic hut? That would interesting. I'd have to see it before I offered an opinion. But it does sound pretty. smile

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter