Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 238 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#217027 - 02/21/10 05:36 AM All things bright and modded! (mod ideas etc)
txmom2 Offline
Consigliere

Remember that costume contest way back when? Well, sometime during that I saw someone say, "There will always be mods, right?" Well, that could go two ways. all the people with the software able to do mods like that could do 'a few outfits here, a few outfits there' and we'd have mods all over the place. OR...all the mod makers could work together and make one big cohesive mod that has everyone's idea's in it. But to do that, we need some kind of system. I have an idea but I'm not sure if it will work or not. So here's what I propose:I make a small modification to the image files adding one of the outfits I designed and one of the outfits my sister designed(she, unfortanetly didn't have a chance to enter). I will then look through that slide show with all the outfits and designers and look for the first person who doesn't have an outfit in the game. I'll find out if they are a modder or not, and if not I'll mod in one of there outfits for them. I'll continue untill I find a modder, and then they'll repeat the process till they find a modder to pass the ever growing mod onto, and so on, untill we have a completed mod!
Is this a good idea? Does anyone have a better one? It's just a suggestion, we don't necessarily have to do it.
P.S. if we do this we'd only put in one outfit per designer and then if there is room we can go back and add more.

Edited by Rockmower (02/21/10 08:16 AM)
Edit Reason: Change title and make post sticky

#217029 - 02/21/10 06:09 AM Re: an organised system for outfit mods [Re: txmom2]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Loc: Somewhere in NC
That sounds good none of my outfits won. I am a modder But unfortunately I'd be unable to make any of mine become real. If I could choose which one I wished in the mod, would someone put it in for me?

Now if any one wants head mods I'm great at making head mods. I can make them any color you want and add ones from past VV games.

#217030 - 02/21/10 06:20 AM Re: an organised system for outfit mods [Re: Havetia]
Sammygirl99 Offline
Expert

can i help?

#217031 - 02/21/10 06:29 AM Re: an organised system for outfit mods [Re: Sammygirl99]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
I actually think this would be a fun idea. I'd love to see one of my entries in the game...
I'm a modder... but I don't know that I'd be able to make the outfit work from all those angles (plus I fail at digital drawing that fits in with the LDW style).

#217043 - 02/21/10 08:07 AM Re: an organised system for outfit mods [Re: txmom2]
Jamie001 Offline
Adviser

txmom2. I had trouble reading your post. Could you please seperate one large paragraph into smaller ones please. Here is an example.

Extra outfits are always nice. Like extra hair colors. I am not a modder, so I don't know how to make something like that. If it is fesable, I will use it though smile

Good luck.

~Jamie

#217044 - 02/21/10 08:10 AM Re: an organised system for outfit mods [Re: Krystal]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
Uh girls? You might actually want to play the game before you start thinking about changing it!

Seriously, at this point we haven't even thought about mods yet. We'll have to see what pops out of the woodwork before we make a decision.

For the time being, we'll ask you to confine all your discussion about mods, and the mods themselves to one thread. Tell you what...I'll change the title of this one, and make it a sticky post. Thanks so much for bringing this idea up txmom2.

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#217046 - 02/21/10 08:27 AM Re: an organised system for outfit mods [Re: Rockmower]
Jamie001 Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: Rockmower
Uh girls?

Guy here but I can see how the name could fool you.....

~Jamie

#217050 - 02/21/10 08:54 AM Re: an organised system for outfit mods [Re: Jamie001]
Lailai Offline
Master

Loc: Ldw Forums
I was thinking maybe LDW games should have a in-game option to download mods etc, like a extras menu where you can search for a mod, you click install and you can revert back to original mod at any time..

#217052 - 02/21/10 09:24 AM Re: an organised system for outfit mods [Re: Lailai]
Caristiona Offline
Expert

Loc: a tiny town in Oklahoma
I am in no way shape or form a modder. that being said i agree with what rockmower said let's play before we decide what needs modding grin though i must admit i loved the VF mod that highlighted the collectibles, weeds, etc.

#217055 - 02/21/10 02:17 PM Re: an organised system for outfit mods [Re: Caristiona]
Lady Emz Offline
Expert

Loc: London, England.
I agree with Rock that we should just wait to find out...

...but sometimes it can be hard to see things in these games. For example, in Plant Tycoon, the mod that made dead leaves red was a lifesaver.

I also like having mods made too, for example, in VV2, I had the 'Princess Dress' in three different colours.

I was a bit confused about txtmom's post however...

Did you want a 'Village' Mod where everyone who wants to has a piece of clothing in it? So, everyone puts in one design then someone makes the whole mod?

Or were you just trying to keep mods that were made to one thread?

I think people will make their own mods and some will offer their mods to the public like they have with the other games. I also think, like in the other games, people who can make mods, will try to make mods 'on demand' for other people.

It is a good idea to keep all mod designs/requests to one post and you could also use the PM system as well.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter