Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 179 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#180780 - 12/28/08 09:23 AM How to identify sick fish
Scorpio Offline

Hello all,

I am having some trouble identifying which disease fishes are sick with. This is on the iPhone version, btw. For example, a fish was sick, and I notice it has greenish brown spots on one side. Then, it turns in the tank and flips sides, it has white spots. Which side do I go by?

Since the screen is small for the iPhone and sometimes the fish in the game seem to have natural colours similar to diseases, I suggest having an update to the game when, when a fish is sick and in the isolation tank, the disease it has is identified by text. (I just purchased a medication and tried to cure my fish, thinking it was one of the diseases when it wasnt).

Apart from this, great game.

#180794 - 12/28/08 09:08 PM Re: How to identify sick fish [Re: Scorpio]
Houjun Offline
Consigliere

From my experience with both the PC and the iPhone versions, the medication for the diseases both say which disease they cure. The pink medicine (fungal treatment) mentions that it cures the fungus, which "looks like a green growth on a fish." The yellow medicine (ick treatment) mentions it cures ick, which "looks like white specks on your fish."

And from what I remember, if your fish has both diseases, you'd have to buy both of the medicines and cure them. When you purchase the second medication however, it will replace the first medication you bought so double-check that there aren't any fish in a different tank who have the same disease. Also, keep in mind that if a fish has been sick for a while, it may take more than one drop of medicine to cure them. smile

Hope this helps! smile

Track your currency.

If you like brainteasers, you might like Braingle.

#215866 - 02/01/10 08:49 PM Re: How to identify sick fish [Re: Houjun]
Merle Offline

Hi!

Don't know if anybody notes if I pick up this old thread.

To me, the diseases are hard to identify, too. It doesn't help that the medicines state which sickness they cure (green/white) if the spots themselves are not identifyable. They look rather golden than green or white.

I already spent much too much money on medicine. Nevertheless, I am not able to cure my Greenfin Spotanus :-( I tried each of the medicines several times without any effect.

Merle

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter