Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 107 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#207594 - 08/13/09 04:52 PM Have you ever "sold" your kid? Rejected adoption?
ajuma Offline
Master

Loc: South Korea
I "sold" a kid (went away to be a star!) for the first time today. My peeps were really poor and I decided to let her go.

I've accepted every adoption that was offered. I've gotten some interesting kids!!

#207595 - 08/13/09 05:05 PM Re: Have you ever "sold" your kid? Rejected adoption? [Re: ajuma]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Loc: Suburban Isola
I only let the talent agent take them away if the family is desperately poor, I kind of see it as the child getting the chance to make his/her family proud. smile

I've only rejected adoptions if I wanted a set amount of children in one generation or if there are 5 children already and I want a specific child.

#207600 - 08/13/09 05:55 PM Re: Have you ever "sold" your kid? Rejected adoption? [Re: Lyssaria]
kissy06 Offline
Expert

Loc: Christiansburg VA
I've only had two adoptions and accepted both, but I won't let them start the next generation. I did let one kid go with the talent scout, but I felt so bad about it I'll never do it again! blush

#207601 - 08/13/09 06:14 PM Re: Have you ever "sold" your kid? Rejected adoption? [Re: ajuma]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
No to both. In fact, "No way" to both!

#207607 - 08/13/09 07:59 PM Re: Have you ever "sold" your kid? Rejected adoption? [Re: arnie]
gmomluvsvv Offline
Expert

Loc: CA
No, have never sent a child off to be a star. No matter how poor the family may be, I look at it just as like life....a struggle.
And NO to rejecting an adoptee. Even if cuts down on that family having the chance for twins or triplets, just can't say 'no'. And it is always fun to see what the newest arrival will look like. Believe a couple of my adoptees have ended up
taking over the next generation.

#207608 - 08/13/09 08:06 PM Re: Have you ever "sold" your kid? Rejected adoption? [Re: gmomluvsvv]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Loc: Suburban Isola
The last time I let the talent scout have one of the children when my family was poor, there were more than one of them with a serious/grave sickness and I had to choose between having them pass away or sending one of the children away. frown

Life is full of decisions and I find that a lot of children want to feel as though they can make a difference for their family. I know I did! I wouldn't want my daughter or son to feel as though they have to provide for me, it just happens in life sometimes.

#207612 - 08/13/09 09:06 PM Re: Have you ever "sold" your kid? Rejected adoption? [Re: Lyssaria]
vfmacfan Offline
Consigliere

Loc: The DMverse
I always send the kid off with the talent agent and accept adoptions. The one exception (when I rejected the talent agent) was when I wanted to rename a kid first.

#207615 - 08/13/09 09:45 PM Re: Have you ever "sold" your kid? Rejected adoption? [Re: vfmacfan]
esther1981 Offline
Master

Loc: Marion, Ohio
i never sell my kids and i always adopt! no matter what! last generation in my blond family, i adopted and she was a red head. so it looks funny on my family tree all blonds and one red head lol. then in this generation, i brought one of the twins home from college and had a little boy on my doorstep. i adopted and he was blond! so i guess it evens out! laugh

#207623 - 08/14/09 12:16 AM Re: Have you ever "sold" your kid? Rejected adoption? [Re: esther1981]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Northwest, England
I always adopt them. I have sent a kid to stardom if I know he/she will be left alone in the house. I got adoption not realizing the parents were age 60. So the following day a scout talent arrived and said he can go. It was just as will as his parents both died just after. Would of been only age 8. Anyway I redopted him back to take over the house. Aged very fast from 8 to 24.

#207630 - 08/14/09 01:57 AM Re: Have you ever "sold" your kid? Rejected adoption? [Re: Annthewhofan]
Parazombie Offline
Expert

Loc: Oakland, California
I seriously thought about selling a kid once when I really needed the money, but I couldn't bring myself to do it in the end.
I've also NEVER made it to six kids before, so I adopt every child I can to try to get that dang trophy!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter