Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 93 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#207542 - 08/12/09 07:06 PM Female outfit change request for Lewanda
vfmacfan Offline
Consigliere

Loc: The DMverse
I really liked Lewanda's entry into the VV4 fashion contest, and I would like her to replace the female outfit in VF that has the black t-shirt with the red star and the striped pants with her entry, which was a pink dress. If Lewanda could do this that would be great or maybe someone else could do it if Lewanda is busy. Thanks in advance!
The outfit I like is the first picture, the outfit I want replaced with the outfit I like is the second picture.

Attachments
Picture 1.jpg

Picture 2.jpg

Edited by vfmacfan (08/12/09 07:07 PM)
Edit Reason: Typo

#207548 - 08/12/09 08:11 PM Re: Female outfit change request for Lewanda [Re: vfmacfan]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
With all respect to Lewanda's undoubted artistic skills, I'm rather afraid that your request would be beyond even her. I know the original artist uses sophisticated 3D modelling software to get the peeps' clothes, especially dresses, to 'flow' properly. Simply replacing the outfit with a dress wouldn't work. What would happen when the peep sits down, for instance?

It should be possible to change the colours of an existing outfit or dress, but not change it completely. I'd be very happy to be proved wrong, though!

#207550 - 08/12/09 09:27 PM Re: Female outfit change request for Lewanda [Re: arnie]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Loc: Suburban Isola
Actually, I've done requests like this in the past before I purchased my 3d modeling software smile It's very doable, but it is a lot of work to make sure the animation functions. The dress is "morphable" in our 2d imaging software but a project like this could take some time.

If I have nothing else to do and Lewanda doesn't feel up to it, I wouldn't mind. smile

Here's a little example of what it may look like (this was just whipped up quickly)

#207561 - 08/13/09 01:09 AM Re: Female outfit change request for Lewanda [Re: Lyssaria]
kissy06 Offline
Expert

Loc: Christiansburg VA
Oh! I am SO getting that dress if and when it's put out! How pretty! I'd love to see something like that in a dark green though. blush Wow! I've never thought about changing the clothes in the game!

#207563 - 08/13/09 01:43 AM Re: Female outfit change request for Lewanda [Re: kissy06]
vfmacfan Offline
Consigliere

Loc: The DMverse
Thanks everyone! Yeah, that's exactly what I meant Lyssaria, looks good already smile Lewanda's dress is really nice but the original outfit I posted I just don't like >.< And whether Lewanda or Lyssaria does it I'm sure it'll be great smile

#207584 - 08/13/09 07:29 AM Re: Female outfit change request for Lewanda [Re: vfmacfan]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Phew.. got started on it but it really is a lot of work eek I counted 57 bodies (just to replace that one outfit) that I have to put that dress on!

This is what I've done so far:

Lol, 15/57 ouchie!

#207599 - 08/13/09 05:53 PM Re: Female outfit change request for Lewanda [Re: Lyssaria]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Loc: Louisiana
Oh gosh, Lyssa! Now you have me all curious about 3d software. I can't believe it's never occurred to me before, but that would mean it could reposition an object for us, correct? I mean to say, it could render a different angle of an object we drew? For example, after I drew the sofa on the left side of the living room, could I have it produce the sofa on the right?

The dress is looking wonderful! Do you have to have the 3d program create the positions, then convert them back to a 2d image format? Or does the program do that?

#207602 - 08/13/09 07:07 PM Re: Female outfit change request for Lewanda [Re: BayouBlonde]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

I haven't used my 3d program in 3 years, I'm trying to broaden my experience and knowledge with Photoshop for now so all of those images were done with Photoshop. smile

The 3d program does not work miracles for you, but it allows you to create a "skeleton" of your furniture, clothing or whatever else which you can apply 2d textures on. With this skeleton, it is rendered in 3d which means you can view it on all angles.

For an outfit, you would have to recreate a human body skeleton that allows the arms and legs to move. Thus, to get the animation you want you would manipulate the skeleton to walk or do whatever animation you want. smile

It is really hard work, as you can imagine the 3d software is even more difficult to master than the 2d.

#207609 - 08/13/09 08:18 PM Re: Female outfit change request for Lewanda [Re: Lyssaria]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Loc: Louisiana
It sounds so interesting though! Reading this topic reminded me of a few friends I had several years ago that were into creating custom avatars for a 3d chatting program. They were always talking about "skins" and "meshes" which sounds very much like your description of using skeletons and textures. One of them gave me this in-depth "lecture" about meshes when trying to explain why a certain hairstyle I wanted was a bit difficult to create. lol

It seems that for our small home there wouldn't be too many skeletons needed for basic objects (in fact, the children's beds and the sofa's are the only ones I can think of that need drawing from different angles.) Still, I imagine modding the clothing, heads and animations would be the greatest use for the program. I mean, wow! if we could just draw the first one of the set and have the program do the other positions that would open up a whole new world of mods to put into the game. laugh If my time were unlimited, I'd love to look into it. With all the modding people do to games nowadays, there's probably a good open source program out there somewhere. I just flat don't have time. heh

#207610 - 08/13/09 08:46 PM Re: Female outfit change request for Lewanda [Re: BayouBlonde]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

I got my start working with 3d things by creating meshes for a 3d chatting program as well, they're probably the one and the same wink

I specialized in hairstyles, furniture and accessories. It's very possible to mod everything in this game with a 2d program, but like you mentioned some tasks such as the heads and bodies would be much easier with a 3d program.

Lots of room for imagination when trying to use Photoshop to put Lewanda's dress into our game grin

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter