Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 88 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#200392 - 06/26/09 10:44 AM [Spoiler?] Genetic Rainbow-Haired Child
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Loc: Suburban Isola
After working pretty hard on some mods, I decided to play around with my little people and perform a "little" test. I marked this as a spoiler in case anyone wants to figure it out for themselves!

Description
The only rainbow-haired child I have seen so far was in one of Lukerie's families as a (very lucky!) adopted child. The test will be based on the normal scheme of determining the child's hair which is using the image of the heads and counting how many heads are between the mother and father's and looking at the middle area of the two. I didn't want to count on mutations since that's not a solid method that you can try.

Since the rainbow hair is at the very end, I'd have to pair her up with the man next to her in the image file and produce a daughter.

Not the best of hairstyles in my opinion, but if he'll provide us with a little girl of rainbow hair, I'll gladly accept him!

The Test
At first I thought I'll sift through the adoptable people until I find one of the two hairstyles I need to work with..and I did find Mr. Spike first, but I decided continue looking for Miss Rainbow.

Finally, I find her and adopt her! Next is my search for Mr. Spike. What I did was clean up the house and wait until the first proposal e-mail arrived. As soon as the e-mail arrived, I do not open it. I pause, close the game and save my files as a backup in case the proposal isn't coming from Mr. Spike. smile I only had to reject 3 guys & use the backup files I created before Mr. Spike showed up!

So, after a little victory dance I made yet another backup of my files and then proceeded doing the same thing as I did with the proposals, but this time making children!

The first attempt I received an orphan event as soon as I reopened the game..I was curious so I accepted it and it was a cute little purple-haired girl. Unfortunately, she's not why I made this family so I went right to the baby-making LOL! Incidentally, she tried to interrupt them by jumping on the bed eek. First try, and they did not produce a baby.

I used my backups, then tried again. Once again I received an event and it was allergy season! I had to treat our colorful couple with some anti-histamines before they could even think about helping me with my test. All cleared up and..voila, a baby! *Waves bye bye to the poor orphan*

At this point, I'm chewing my nails. I'd assume that the baby should look exactly like the parents depending on the gender..unless there was a mutation!

Result

grin

#200395 - 06/26/09 01:01 PM Re: [Spoiler?] Genetic Rainbow-Haired Child [Re: Lyssaria]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: One of the thirteen colonies
Wow!
Nice job, Lyssaria!

#200396 - 06/26/09 02:16 PM Re: [Spoiler?] Genetic Rainbow-Haired Child [Re: halidog]
serendipity8777 Offline
Expert

Loc: 7,107 Islands
Finally! A rainbow haired kid who's not a result of mutation or adoption.

Can't wait to try what you did. Good job! smile

#200401 - 06/26/09 03:22 PM Re: [Spoiler?] Genetic Rainbow-Haired Child [Re: serendipity8777]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
Only other thing I would think of trying is one parent from the end of the hair colors (not rainbow level but close to her) and another from way at the top. If the genetics are anything like the ones in VV2, that might be another way of getting the rainbow child. wink

#200403 - 06/26/09 04:37 PM Re: [Spoiler?] Genetic Rainbow-Haired Child [Re: Krystal]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Loc: Somewhere in NC
Lyssaria, may I use this family tree pic? I'm going to make a pic based genetic tree guide for people.

#200413 - 06/26/09 05:15 PM Re: [Spoiler?] Genetic Rainbow-Haired Child [Re: Havetia]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Thanks guys smile This was a fun project for sure..I'm going to keep the Rainbow family and see how many rainbow heads I can pop out lol!

Nice theory Krystal! I would hope there's more solid ways to get her than to wait for Mr. Spike.

Sure thing Havoria, feel free to use it however you need! I look forward to seeing your guide. smile

I renamed little Trishella as Rainbow II once I saw her little 2 year old self running around today. She really is cute!

I also caught them brushing their hair at the same time, that hair must be quite the challenge to run a brush through smile

#200482 - 06/27/09 03:42 AM Re: [Spoiler?] Genetic Rainbow-Haired Child [Re: Lyssaria]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Looks like I got a little mutation on my hands here..the family just had another baby boy!

P.S. updated kitchen mod coming your way later tonight!

#200484 - 06/27/09 03:48 AM Re: [Spoiler?] Genetic Rainbow-Haired Child [Re: Lyssaria]
Sammygirl99 Offline
Expert

u have some quite rare genectics u should the the blue haired girl next

#200491 - 06/27/09 04:42 AM Re: [Spoiler?] Genetic Rainbow-Haired Child [Re: Sammygirl99]
VVFanatic Offline
Guru

Loc: Texas
wow thats awesome i will try that thanks ! smile

VF2 -80%

#200494 - 06/27/09 05:00 AM Re: [Spoiler?] Genetic Rainbow-Haired Child [Re: VVFanatic]
Elisa725 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Berkeley, CA
You are sooooooooooooooooooooo lucky!!!!!!!!
I've been trying this forever, but I didn't think of backup files! ( And, for that matter, I don't know how to make them.)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter