Courtesy of BayouBlonde

I heard there is a new version of VF out. How do I update my version of the game? I bought my game from somewhere else, can I still update it?
There are instructions for updating your Mac or Windows game in this helpful post. NOTE: iOS and Android versions are already updated.

How long does it take to nurse a baby? How long until a baby grows up? How fast do my little people age?
From birth to two years of age takes the equivalent of 4 hours of our time. From two years of age until death our little people age at approximately one year every four hours. So from two years, until they leave home at the age of nineteen years is a total of 68 hours of real life time. Helpful posts: here, and here.

The oven is on fire! The dryer lint is burning! There is smoke in the laundry room / kitchen, what do I do about it?
You must first open the shed to access the fire extinguisher. Helpful Post

One (or more) of my little people is weak or extremely weak and their health is low, how do I raise it?
First, if they are sick, you must cure the sickness. If their status shows that they are "A bit sick," drop them several times until their action line gives you an indication of the symptom they are having. The symptom will let you know what medication they will need from the store. In addition to basic medication and sickness, our little people sometimes get infections that will require antibiotics. A physician consult will tell you if they have an infection and which antibiotic they need. Fruits, antibacterial hand gel and vitamins are great for raising health. Helpful posts: Sickness & Cures , extremely weak family member, weak family member advice, Antibiotic Spoiler

One (or more) of my little people is tired or exhausted a lot, how do I raise their energy?

There were some fixes to energy levels with updated versions of the game. The first thing you should do is make sure you have the latest version (at this time it is version 1.00.05.) Check the lower left corner of the game's main menu to see which version you have. If you need to update your version, please see this helpful post. The game is designed to run in "real time" so that your little people get a full night's rest when you do. The game should be closed for 6-8 hours and left un-paused so that they can sleep uninterrupted. Helpful posts: here, here.

I can't find the television remote control. Where is it? The television remote is unreachable. How do I get it?
This sometimes happens when you upgrade from one version of the game to another. There are a couple of solutions. Please see the helpful posts: here, here, and the remainder of that discussion. smile

Why do some people's homes look different in screenshots? Where did those plants come from? Flowers? Beds? etc?
Most likely you have seen someone who is using image modifications. There are "mods" for toolbars, the menu, collectibles, and just about all aspects of the home. These image modifications made by players and posted in the Mod Section of the forums. Be sure to read this post for instructions on how to install graphic mods before downloading and using any of the files. NOTE: Android & iOS versions cannot be modded.

Is there any way to backup my game files?

Yes. Please see this helpful post.

Is there any way to have more than 5 families?
Yes. Please see this post and this post. (NOTE: iOS & Android versions do not allow this.)

My store is not restocking. Is this a glitch?

The store was made to restock more often in a previous update to the game. The first thing you should do is make sure you have the latest version (at this time it is version 1.00.09.) Check the lower left corner of the game's main menu to see which version you have. If you need to update your version, please see this helpful post. If you already have the latest version, please see this helpful post for instructions on how to force your store to begin restocking.

My couple keeps saying "Too soon" to make a baby, what do I do?
The length of time couples will try in between children varies depending upon their desire to have children. For example, couples who "definitely" want children will be willing to try sooner than those who "no way" want children. However, you will also get the "too soon" message in between attempts. The length of time you must wait in between attempts also varies depending upon the couple's desire for children and can range from 15 to 45 minutes. Just keep trying. It is also recommended that you make sure they are happy, healthy and well fed, although I have had babies (and even multiples) when my little peeps were exhausted and hungry. smile

My couple is never "in the mood" to make a baby, what do I do? They always argue about having a baby, what do I do?

If they argue, just keep dropping them onto each other repeatedly until they try. There is no need to wait.

My couple is never successful at trying to make a baby. What is wrong with them? What if they never have kids?
They may have undiagnosed fertility issues and need baby boost. Baby boost can be very expensive for a brand new, first generation couple. If you are having problems making a baby early on and purchasing a doctor's consult and baby boost would be too expensive, I suggest you pause your game and back up your game file following the instructions in this post. In the event that you do not have a child or get the adoption event before your little people pass away, you will have nobody to leave the house to and your game would end. If you have the back up file, you can simply replace your game file and begin from the paused game point again. Helpful Posts: here

What is baby boost? How does baby boost work? Can baby boost give me twins or triplets?
Baby boost simply increases the chances of having a baby. Because there is a small chance of having a multiple birth when you are successful at having a baby, then yes, it can increase the chance of a multiple birth (because it increases the chance of a birth.) A doctor's consult will tell you if one or both of your little people need/s baby boost. Helpful posts: Baby Boost Multi Dosing, Baby Boost Summary

My little person's salary went down? Is this a glitch? Did he/she get demoted?
This is a feature of the Day Trader's job. That particular job's pay is based on the stock market, therefore the income can go up and down as the market fluctuates. Helpful posts: here, here, here.

Are there Easter Eggs in the game? What is this red ball I heard about? How can I find the red ball?
The red ball is an Easter egg. It is in all games, pc and mac. Helpful posts: here, here, here.

Can kids work? How long do kids stay in the house? What happens when the kids leave home?
Children stay at home until the age of 19 and they do not have careers. Upon the first death of either spouse, you are presented with the "Next Generation" screen with complete instructions on choosing your next generation. You may choose to wait and begin your next generation after the remaining spouse has died, meaning you will continue to live in the house with the surviving spouse and remaining children under the age of 19; or you may choose ONE child to pass the house to and begin your next generation immediately. When you choose to begin the next generation all the children are randomized - their ages, desire for children and jobs are completely random, just as when you chose your first adoptee. You select one of them to inherit the house, the family funds and collectibles.

How do I fix the floor? wall? leaky hose? fountain / bird bath? open the shed?
See this helpful post.

One of my little peeps turned into a ghost? Dead but not dead?
This is a known glitch that has been fixed with updated versions of the game. The first thing you should do is make sure you have the latest version (at this time it is version 1.00.05.) Check the lower left corner of the game's main menu to see which version you have. If you need to update your version, please see this helpful post.

I'm getting bored with the game. What's the point of this game? It's so slow.
Check out this thread.

I can't find any bugs! Where are the bugs? Are there any tips for finding bugs?
Bugs like it when it's wet outside. Try when it is raining. There is also an email weather event from the helpful neighbor and tropical rain is sometimes available in the store.

Praising Good Behavior
There are nine behaviors that have to be praised to get these trophies. When you praise the appropriate action line, you get the trophy for each of the nine behaviors. Once you have all nine, you get the Praising Good Behavior Trophy.
The Nine Trophies and their action lines are:
Boob Toob - “Turning Off the TV”
Care and Feeding - “Preparing a Meal”
Sleeping Dragon - “Doing Kung Fu”
Everything In It's Place - “Cleaning the Nightstand”
Go-Pher It - “Playing On The Lawn”
The Funky Smell - “Checking Out Strange Smell”
Lotta Latte - “Making a Grande Latte”
1000 Strokes - “Brushing Hair”
Fire Stopper - “Putting Out a Smoking Oven”
Some of these behaviors are more difficult to catch than others and have their own useful tips. Check out this helpful thread, Gophers spoiler thread, Lotta Latte

My little person gets stuck when I praise him/her. He just stands there waving. What's wrong?
This happens when a little peep doesn't like jumping. You need to use a desensitizing kit on them to remove the dislike. Until then, just pick them up and put them back on task after praising them. Helpful post.

Can my little person get married again?
Only if they had no children when the first spouse died.

My little person / family is depressed or a little blue. What is wrong? How can I make them happy?
Our little families will become depressed after they lose a family member. They usually recover fairly quickly from the loss though. People who “definitely” want children can become “blue” or “depressed” if they don't have them. However, those who “no way” want children will often go from happy to elated when they get them. Illnesses also bring their happiness levels down. There are many ways to increase you little people's moods. Praising them for good actions, candy, fruits, home improvements are just a few examples. Helpful Thread.

Did I just see Snow White / Wheel of Fortune / Spongebob / etc. on the tv screen?
There are many, many recognizable images on the television. See this interesting thread .

Can I train my kids to choose the career I want them to have? Does training the kids to study do anything?
Nope. When you choose next generation, the children's ages, careers and other information are completely randomized. Only their likes and dislikes and appearance stay the same.

What is the cutoff age for having children? When is a woman too old to have babies?
Most say it is 50, though a few have reported births at 52 and even 54 years old.

My people won't eat since I updated the game! What's wrong with them?
There was a change in the way food is consumed. See these helpful posts: here, [here, here.

My people won't eat the food they cook on the barbeque. What's wrong with it?
The barbeque is just a fun activity. It does not take from your groceries and the food is not actually meant to be eaten.

My kids are mean / naughty / bad. They bang the dishes / write on walls / squeeze pimples. What do I do?
The red hand can make them unhappy if you use it too much. But dish-banging sure can get on your nerves! smile See these helpful posts and these for how to deal with those nerve wracking behaviors.

Where did all these weird names come from? I had a kid named Glitch / Typo / etc.
See this thread for an interesting discussion, especially this post, this post, and this post .

My old couple has gone senile! They won't stay on task. They wander off. What's wrong?
See this thread.

One of my parents tried to have a baby with one of the kids! What's going on?
That was a glitch that was fixed in a previous update. If you need to update your version, please see this helpful post.

How do I post a screenshot?
See this helpful post.

~BayouBlonde