Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 104 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#19836 - 04/01/06 05:26 PM Activation problems with Fish Tycoon for Windows
Carla Administrator Offline
Executive Producer

Loc: Italy
If you are having problems with activating Fish Tycoon for Windows, please read through this information.

There are many different places from which to obtain Fish Tycoon for Windows, and each distributor manages their own sales and support for the game. The activation codes issued by one distributor are not compatible with any other distributor's version of the game. LDW can provide assistance with activation problems only for purchases that were made directly from LDW. If you purchased the game from another source, such as Yahoo, MSN, BigFishGames, etc., you will need to contact that distributor for assistance.

Sometimes the activation process goes awry if you downloaded and installed the demo of the game from one site, and then decided to purchase the game directly from LDW. Even if you subsequently download and install LDW's version of Fish Tycoon, you may still be presented with the activation screen from the original download. If your activation screen doesn't look like the one in this post, it's not from LDW's version of Fish Tycoon. To correct that situation, you need to be extra-careful to delete all traces of the version that you downloaded from the other site. Go into your start menu and go to Fish Tycoon and run the uninstaller. Then go to your hard drive to Program Files and delete the Fish Tycoon folder, if it is still there. Finally remove from your desktop any Fish Tycoon installers, or anything whatsoever that says Fish Tycoon anywhere on it.

Now you can go to www.ldw.com/zips/FTsetup1_00.exe

Download that file to your desktop. Run it. Once it is installed, run Fish Tycoon, select 'unlock' and enter the code that you received from LDW.

If the activation still fails, please fill out LDW's support form for further assistance.

#19837 - 07/02/06 07:43 AM Re: Activation problems with Fish Tycoon for Windows
MAY_CHONG Offline

I've bought the game and cannot install for un-limited game. What should I do ?

#19838 - 07/02/06 09:46 AM Re: Activation problems with Fish Tycoon
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Could you be a little more specific about what kind of problem that you're having? Are you unable to install the game, or are you unable to activate it? Were the instructions in the post above yours not helpful in resolving your problem?

#19839 - 07/27/06 02:47 PM Re: Activation problems with Fish Tycoon
Darius Offline

Hi i bought the game a while ago and lost the code coz we had to clean all your computers . Is there any ways that i can get it agian????? PLEASE HELP !

#19840 - 07/27/06 02:55 PM Re: Activation problems with Fish Tycoon
Unicorn

If you purchased the game directly from LDW, please fill out our support form and provide the details of your purchase. If you purchased the game from another site, you will need to contact their customer support in order to get a replacement code. Registration codes issued by one site won't work with another site's version of the game.

#67256 - 03/24/07 07:40 PM Re: Activation problems with Fish Tycoon [Re: LadyCFII]
chemayla Offline

I got my game else from BIG FISH mine would not start up again after I exited it. I reinstalled the original trial version I got from somewhere else along with my permanent version and it seems to be working now. I guess you can't uninstall the trial.

#67453 - 03/26/07 03:29 AM Re: Activation problems with Fish Tycoon [Re: chemayla]
chemayla Offline

Just to add on I also had to find my old saved file and delete it. It was in Programfile\Users\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramFiles\FishTycoon

#107846 - 11/06/07 07:44 PM Re: Activation problems with Fish Tycoon [Re: chemayla]
flumy002 Offline

Hi!

I`ve following problem. I downloaded Fish tycoon and entered with a key generator code.
This was my 5th attempt to install and start the game but i have everytime the same problem.
after starting game, the display turns black and a mistake window is rising with the name (could not open display 8660160)
Then you can click ok or leave (x button right above)

What can make this happen, or better, what can i do to make the game as quick as possible run?

Greets, and thx, flumy

#107847 - 11/06/07 07:48 PM Re: Activation problems with Fish Tycoon [Re: flumy002]
Unicorn

There is a troubleshooting guide for that error in our Support FAQ that should help you.

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter