Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 119 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#196219 - 05/26/09 05:37 PM [SPOILER] Underlying infections
cjlouve Offline
Trainee

Loc: Canada
Hi, I didn't want to post in the illnesses sticky because this is an hypothesis.

I didn't find the strategy guide helpful when trying to diagnose (without a doctor's consultation) which one of the two serious illnesses a peep has come down with. It may be that I speak French and didn't understand what was written in the guide though.

So after testing for a while I found that someone getting cured but getting sick again within an hour needs Penicillin. Someone who immediately displays another symptom after getting some medicine (not even a second after) needs Vancomycin.

Did someone else notice something similar? I'd like to know whether my hypothesis is right or not. I'm trying to help people on a forum who are just starting the game and the doctor's consultation is expensive.

Thanks!

#196220 - 05/26/09 05:44 PM Re: Underlying infections [Re: cjlouve]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Loc: Louisiana
Very interesting. I will pay attention next time and see if you are correct.

#196226 - 05/26/09 06:01 PM Re: Underlying infections [Re: BayouBlonde]
*Vanna Offline
Consigliere

Loc: TEXAS
I believe you are correct. I have noticed this with my peeps as well!

#196233 - 05/26/09 06:26 PM Re: Underlying infections [Re: *Vanna]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
I think that you may be correct too. Just last evening while playing one of my peeps was sick and after I picked them up and dropped them again a few times, it said that they had a sore throat so I bought the throat lozenges. As soon as I game those to the peep, it immediately said they were sick again so I bought the doctor's consultation and was told that they needed the vancomycin (sp?). So, that fits with what you have found out.

#196251 - 05/26/09 07:44 PM Re: Underlying infections [Re: Simsane]
cjlouve Offline
Trainee

Loc: Canada
oops, sorry I didn't think that it was a spoiler, thanks to the person who added it in the thread title. I'll be more careful next time crazy

Thanks Savannah for your help in all my posts smile

Edited by cjlouve (05/26/09 07:46 PM)

#196279 - 05/26/09 10:49 PM Re: Underlying infections [Re: cjlouve]
txmom2 Offline
Consigliere

DD here:

That's not always true. If they have 2 illnesses at once they might need the stronger antibiotic, but not always. And if they get sick more than once within a few hours, penicillin might not work. Or maybe they don't need antibotics at all, but that's unlikely. I'll give a quick example: Kristina was sick. I healed her. A few days later (it was unpaused most of the time) she was sick again. I "healed" her, then did a doctor consult. She needed the strongest antibiotic. I found it odd, but I'm glad I caught it early. What I'm saying here is that your theory is not completly true.

BTW, I kept having to fix my mistakes! I'm not good at typing. blush

#196397 - 05/27/09 03:08 PM Re: Underlying infections [Re: txmom2]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Loc: Louisiana
I finally had one of my lil peeps get sick, other than just the allergy season event. Sure enough, he had a headache cured with store med, then was itchy cured with store med. I did a doc consult and vanco was recommended. So it seems you are absolutely correct.

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter