Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 75 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
#196460 - 05/27/09 06:37 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: PlayAtWork]
Jenny23 Offline
Master

Loc: NY
You can always delete your games and start over with new families. That way you once again have goals to work for (trophies).

#196497 - 05/27/09 09:57 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: Jenny23]
Suzicube Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: Jenny23
You can always delete your games and start over with new families. That way you once again have goals to work for (trophies).

Yeah but you are still doing the same thing over again. The thing I think that is the most restricting is that there really is no meaningful interaction within the family structure at least anything that affects the game. It was a fun game while it lasted but the gameplay is limited to only a month or two. I agree that I will probably just wait and play on a member site like I did the vv lost children. Finished that game and don't feel like I lost anything since I pay the same for all games no matter how many or how long I play.

#196498 - 05/27/09 09:59 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: arnie]
Suzicube Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: arnie
The Previews page gives an indication of what LDW are working on at present. It only shows that VV4 is in the works, now that VF has been released. Since the game has been out for so short a period I can't imagine they have any immediate plans for expanding VF, let alone a VF2. They are more likely concentrating on a possible new build, aimed at fixing a few of the bugs that have appeared since release. They are also working on the porting of the game to the iPhone/iPod platform.

Have you tried installing any of the user-created mods available from the Virtual Families Mods forum if you are looking for variety?

I have put all the mods in but all that really affects is the eye candy. Also, I find that while I like the VV games they are pretty much all the same just new backgrounds. Still like them though but wish the games would gradually change for the better instead of just better graphics.

#196558 - 05/28/09 02:19 AM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: PlayAtWork]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
Originally Posted By: PlayAtWork

I liked this game but once you accomplish things... there isn't much else to do. I think I would rather not buy the next one out of the gate. I would rather play it on a member site because it's not worth it to buy it and then only play it for a month. would be nice if it were more in depth so you can get more out of it.

This has been an ongoing discussion since VV1 (that I know of) and seems to reappear in each game after the first few weeks of release.

We need to remember a couple of things. First these are NOT core games that you pay $50 or more for only to turn around and pay another $50 or more for each "add on."

These are, and are meant to be, exactly what they are. A simple game for all ages, with virtually unlimited playability. You can keep your "village" "family" or "shop" going for as long (or short) a time as YOU desire. There are goals to work towards, but not a set end to the game. This is one of the key things that LDW addicts enjoy most about these games.

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#196609 - 05/28/09 01:28 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: Rockmower]
jbart321 Offline
Expert

Thats all fine and dandy, but I think you missed the original posters whole point. The game itself is fun for about 2 weeks, then it is just watching the little people do their thing. All of these types of games are only good for a week or two then they are pretty boring. There is not enough to do, really. Getting the trophies is not that hard. Most of the harder ones are just a waiting game. More interaction would be nice, that's all.

#196610 - 05/28/09 02:40 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: jbart321]
*Vanna Offline
Consigliere

Loc: TEXAS
I get a lot of time out of all of my LDW Games. I absolutely love the games. I still have at least one VV1,VV2,and VV3 Game going pretty much at all times. I love the fact that the games don't have an end to them. With the games that do have an end I play them through once, Usually in about a week or two, and then forget about them. With the villager games and the Virtual Families, you have different characters each time you start a new game, It gives more variety and (For Me) makes the games more interesting. I Haven't got Bored, with any of my games. Personally, I think it just depends on the player. (Maybe) Those of you who get Bored easily, Just need different types of games. Then there are those of us who are completely addicted to the games and will continue to play them over and over and never have a problem with waiting out our games. We Love our Little Pixels. That is what makes the game soo FUN!! BTW, Great JOB LDW!!

#196611 - 05/28/09 02:52 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: *Vanna]
Arletta Offline
Trainee

Pretty much in agreeance with Vanna.

I've had VF for three weeks approx. I've yet to get bored. I'm interested in what my families are doing all the time. To me VF is perfect because there is no end. I want multiple births and to see how many generations I can get. I want to collect everything, do everything and for my families to never end. That's my idea of fun.

#196625 - 05/28/09 04:06 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: *Vanna]
Jenny23 Offline
Master

Loc: NY
I must admit that, as much as I enjoyed the VV games, eventually I got bored with them and haven't played them in awhile, though they are still on my computer. When it got to the point where all I could do was hit the gong once a day, etc, I lost interest and let my tribes die off. Maybe someday I'll start new ones, but as long as LDW brings out new games, like VF or the upcoming VV4, I probably won't play the older ones. Good job giving us an escape from "real" life, LDW, lol!

#197850 - 06/05/09 06:31 AM What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
My greatest wish for Virtual Villagers 4:
Please don't make the peeps as slow as they are in the other villager games. I tried playing VV2 again after playing VF, and the peeps were so very slow that I had to close out the game.

~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~
WHAT I'D LIKE TO SEE IN Virtual Families 2:
-Please fix the 'hang up' on exit problem so many of us are experiencing.

-Please don't have the peeps walk and act as though they're 80-90 yrs old at 50-65. People are just not that decrepid at that age. I'd like to be able to enjoy the elderly peeps. Most people say they can't wait for them to die after the kids all leave, and that just isn't right.

-Several houses to choose from would make having more than one game going so much nicer. It would even be nicer if you could have several families in one game (Your adoptee and a couple of neighboring peeps that you also teach and look out for.)

-A flower or veggie garden that the peeps plant and care for themselves would be really nice, and/or something like an animated backyard pond.

-The last version made it really difficult to make babies, and multiples are almost impossible. I reinstalled version .04 and had triplets on the first try. Please make VF 2 so it's not so difficult to have a family. The kids are what makes the game fun.

-Have the kids play more games where they laugh such as the tag game in VV2. As a fact I'd love it if you brought that back in the next VF.

-Recognition of other family members when they pass them...Right now they walk right through each other, and have no idea that they're not the only one in the game other than on certain occasions: when making baby, tickling, giggle party, etc.

-Make it to where there is somehow some kind of real contact between family members that have left with real recognition of who the person is they're emailing/phoning. We'd like to see something more than the emails calling mom and dad by their first names.

-Make it so that a kid can move back in after the parents have been left alone and are aged, and please make it so that the parents can stay with the new family and help with kids and household chores (Though they should be allowed to retire from their careers). It's not right that the parents have to die before we can start a new generation. We also want our peeps to live longer, more productive lives after retirement.

-A beauty parlor where the ladies can get a new hairdo would be great.

-Let them keep their old clothes in their bedroom closet and be able to wear them again. That way they could buy all the clothes that they really like and change out more often.

#197855 - 06/05/09 11:19 AM Re: WHAT I'D LIKE TO SEE IN Virtual Families 2 [Re: Lewanda]
Jem59 Offline

Loc: UK
I agree 100 percent Lewanda. the game definatly needs more possibilities

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 ... 16 17 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter