Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 291 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 8 of 17 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
#220764 - 03/28/10 03:49 PM Re: VF2 suggestions [Re: spinnything]
Mbee Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Zuid-Holland
a vacation to the islands of Isola, that would be neat

#221033 - 04/08/10 03:40 AM Re: VF2 suggestions [Re: Mbee]
supervv4 Offline

Hi! New here but i want a power generator (incase there is a brownout).

#222001 - 05/18/10 02:13 PM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: *Vanna]
beybey Offline

Loc: NJ , USA

Greetings All,
I have been playing Vf and VV for a little while now. My first game of VF was deleted because I tried to install some mods.All of my families had at least $30,000 in the bank. I have started another game and have just about finished buying all of the items in the store. I am thinking about taking my PC to "Geeks" so I don't loose this game. My question is: Is it possible to add the Mod's from our players list to the store? This would also expand the game play by adding more goals to reach. Players can use the money in the bank to make improvements on the house, instead of just storing up money.The livingroom, children's bedroom, bathroom, laundry room and outside areas could also have a change. Since the mods are already posted it should be a little easier to incorporate them into the program. You could run a contest to see which mods players would like to upgrade to.We could play forever!

#222003 - 05/18/10 04:05 PM Re: What I'd like to see in Virtual Families 2 [Re: beybey]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
That's a nice idea, but I fear it would prove too difficult to implement. To quote LDW:
Quote:
These modifications (or Mods) have all been created by users and are not supported by LDW. Use these modifications at your own risk. If using them causes problems for your game, please do not request support from LDW.

In addition, even if the mods were tested by LDW and approved in some way, there would have to be additional coding added to enable their choice and installation. I know that some programs support the installation of new "skins", so it's not impossible, but most mods are fairly graphics-heavy and would prove difficult to cater for. I'm not a programmer, but I guess that the addition of such a feature would make the coding more complicated, and possibly cause other problems. In addition, mods created by different people would need merging so they didn't clash; that can really only be sorted out by manual installation, and if necessary asking for help on the forums.

Don't let that put you off installing mods, though! Provided you're careful about backing up your files and following the rest of the installation Instructions (shown for VF, but those for VV are similar) you should be able to use them successfully. You shouldn't lose your game because of problems installing any mods; the savegame files are kept in a separate place, and you should have kept a back up in any case! If all else fails you can ask for help in the game's forum, and I'm sure someone will be able to help you speedily.

#222194 - 05/30/10 11:12 PM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: Sweetz]
VFLover09 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: North Carolina
Here's what I'd like to see in VF2:

-A hair salon to change their hair style. Maybe rare hair styles could be more expensive.
-Maybe family could come visit every once in a while.
-Maybe if the baby is a girl it could have a pink blanket and if it's a boy it could have a blue blanket.
-Maybe you could baby-sit their neighbor's kid(s)

#222256 - 06/03/10 08:29 PM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: VFLover09]
VFLover09 Offline
Consigliere

I forgot something and it's too late to edit it so:

- In the images file instead of (i.e. "MapX2Y2") where it has part of one room and part of another maybe rooms could be seperate in the images file. If that is possible.

Edited by VFLover09 (06/03/10 08:30 PM)

#222265 - 06/04/10 07:15 AM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: VFLover09]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Or each room have a full-sized png upgrade so that those of us who like to play around with mods would have an easier time of mixing and matching. smile

I DEFINITELY want a Virtual Families 2!

#222274 - 06/04/10 05:42 PM Re: Virtual Families Suggestions [Re: MissKathy]
VFLover09 Offline
Consigliere

Exactly what I was trying to say!

#222311 - 06/06/10 12:20 AM Re: VF2 suggestions [Re: supervv4]
twilightluv Offline
Trainee

Loc: NY
I want to see a guy with blue eyes and longish, Justin Bieber like hair. the blue eyes look good on the people!

#222523 - 06/12/10 02:22 PM Re: VF2 suggestions
The Chief Offline
Adviser

Loc: VA
I want VF2 to have an option of more than six kids. Or, have Baby Tycoon where your goal is to have kids, or just to babysit them.

Page 8 of 17 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 17 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter