Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 291 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
#18488 - 03/01/06 01:17 PM [SPOILERS] List of suggestions - Fish Tycoon
cheezfri Offline

Loc: St. Louis area
I believe I saw a thread earlier regarding suggested enhancements to the game. I can't find it right now, so I'm starting a new thread.

I heartily agree with all the enhancements mentioned earlier, particularly having an icon that shows you how many fish are in the tank. I hate having to count those little buggers! Here are my suggestions:

1) Slightly change the physical appearance of a pregnant fish. (Make it a little bulgy, or add a small icon near it? Or maybe add a pregnancy "glow" to it?) I had 10 of all the same fish I was breeding, and I'm scurrying around trying to click all of them as they are swimming around quickly, frustrated as to which one is the 10th one I hadn't impregnated yet. If we can see the sick ones without clicking them, why can't we see the pregnant ones?

2) Button to reset suggested selling price of the fish in the isolation tank. I leave some fish priced at the suggested price, and others I raise in price. I once raised one too high, and then could not remember the suggested price.

3) Add new fish which can only be bred through trading. Similar to Pokemon that can only evolve when traded. I think the trading feature is neat in general. i.e. if you give someone a Golden Goldbulb, it becomes a Frosted Angelfish (I'm just making up a name here.)

4) A "pokedex" style feature that lets you see which fish you have/had. You can only view the ones you have had, so it doesn't spoil the surprise as to what you can get in the future.

5) A 4x speed and a 1/4x speed setting (or a variable speed setting if it isn't hard to program.)

6) A chart explaining the customers' thought bubbles.

7) Allow species identification of baby/teen fish. The babies all look pretty much the same, and if one is sick, it would be nice to know which species it is before deciding whether to trash it or keep it. Or sometimes one baby dies and I'd like to know which one it was. I don't always write them all down when their parents are pregnant.

8\) A pause feature so you can grab baby fish more easily. I have trouble grabbing the little ones, or sometimes I try grab a big one but I actually end up with a tiny one that was hiding behind it.

9) Allow different selling prices for same species. Each individual fish can have its own price.

10) Expansion packs (software) that have new ornaments, fish, etc. Take a cue from the Sims here and make a fortune;)

11) Allow manual game saving. Let's say you save a game and then accidentally sell or delete a fish. It would be nice to go back to the saved version.

12) An online version of the game, where people can see each other's tanks. Maybe if that's too difficult a task right now, just have a place where people can easily upload a file or picture with their favorite tanks, etc. I know we kinda do that now, but a feature built right into the game would be easier for the less computer-savvy.

13) A log file (maybe somehow connected with the "pokedex"?) that lets you see, with date/time stamps, the fish you have mated, and the resultant fish (did it die, what level tank did you have, etc.) It's just too time-consuming to write it all down or even to use the databases that some folks have created.

14) An easier way to spot dead fish. Sometimes I miss the small babies because they blend in with the scenery a little too much.

15) An audio signal when a fish gets sick, or dies. Especially an audio signal when they reach a new age or life phase (teen/adult). Since the game runs quite slowly, even on 2x speed, I might have the game minimized or something while I'm doing something else. And I feel like I have to check it every minute!

16) Last, and most definitely [color:"purple"]NOT LEAST... [/color] Allow the game speed Options to work independently for each user. My son played for hours on his user, and I ended up with a bunch of dead fish on one of my users. I know one solution would be to copy the folders as Barbara(?) mentioned before, but I'm sure this is not really what you developers intended, or want to happen. The computer-challenged folks can't easily do this either.

Whew, quite a volume here! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this game, and it really is well-done and nearly _bug_-free. These are just things that I think would make the game a little more user-friendly, and also prolong the interest in the game. Some users seem to get bored after awhile, and something like new goals, or expansion packs is a win/win situation. If this game is not already available on RealArcade, it should be. Big exposure there.

Thanks for listening
cheezfri

Edited by LadyCFII (03/10/08 05:40 PM)

#18489 - 03/01/06 01:44 PM Re: List of future enhancements
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Wow, that's quite a list (and I'd like to see many of those things, too)!

One of the things on your list (Number 16) is already in the game. Game speed is set independently for each player's game. The problem that people sometimes see with game speed is caused by the way changing players works. If you go to the menu and change players, then change the game speed before you click Play, the game will update all of your tanks at the new speed setting when you click Play. You must click Play immediately after switching players if you want to preserve the game speed setting that you had previously set for that player. Once you've clicked Play and allowed the game to update your tanks, you can go back to the menu and safely change the game speed for that player.

#18490 - 03/01/06 04:01 PM Re: List of future enhancements
cheezfri Offline

Loc: St. Louis area
Hmmmm, that would explain why one of my players had healthy fish, and another one had nearly all dead fish. I just thought I had forgotten to feed those enough.

So as long as I set my time to 1/2 speed, for example, it shouldn't matter whether I'm logged in, or my son is, or no one is. He can play his player at whatever speed he wants, right?

I guess I need to remember to check all 3 of my players' settings every time I go away for awhile. Glad I'm not playing 5!

cheezfri

#18491 - 03/01/06 04:46 PM Re: List of future enhancements
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Yes, every player can set whatever speed they want, independent of any other players that have games running. Everyone just needs to remember not to change the game speed (when changing players) until after they've checked on the fishies, and everything will be fine!

#18492 - 03/03/06 07:07 PM Re: List of future enhancements
CaraBeans22 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Central CT
Since we are talking about enhancemants we would like to see I would find it helpful to know how many fish are in each tank. They are very hard to count while they are swimming around. 2) It would also be fun if you could buy more extra tanks.

#18493 - 03/03/06 07:35 PM Re: List of future enhancements
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
I'm with Beans22, a fish count 4 each tank would be the bomb! Can we have it? Can we, huh?

#18494 - 03/03/06 08:37 PM Re: List of future enhancements
GrammaBobbie Offline
Consigliere

Loc: NW Indiana
What my sad little brain needs in the game is an "ARE YOU SURE?" pause for the delete button! One wrong move and POOF ........there go my fish! (Guess who's done that a number of times)

I've noticed my PPC version does have a verification when you delete. At least those fish are safe from my A.A.D.D (otherwise known in our family as the DUHHH syndrome)

#18495 - 03/03/06 08:49 PM Re: List of future enhancements
CaraBeans22 Offline
Consigliere

I would also like to be able to give each fish a name. Some fish you don't want to sell for various reasons. I think that if you could name some fish you would have an easier time noticing mistakes. I.e "Do you really want to put Bob in the selling tank? Do you really want to erase Bob?" That and I like to name things....:)

#18496 - 03/03/06 08:54 PM Re: List of future enhancements
CaraBeans22 Offline
Consigliere

Another thing! Please, Please, please change that squishing sound when you trash a fish! It sound like someone is *ahem* stepping on the fish. Even a flushing noise would be better! It would be just as morbid but, at least it would be mildly amusing

#18497 - 03/04/06 09:50 PM Re: List of future enhancements
x205a Offline

One new challenge could be 7 additional Magic Fish.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 ... 17 18 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter