Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 271 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186928 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#178776 - 11/29/08 05:59 PM Yay iPhone Fish Tycoon is Up (and fixed....)!
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
Hi everyone! We are pleased to announce our first in-house iPhone/iPod-touch game, Fish Tycoon. It's a great fit for this platform in my opinion-- I am having fun with it.

Just grab it from iTunes or from the App Store right on your device. For now we are selling this version for very cheap.

Also please help us boost up our ratings on iTunes...we had a bug there in the first week (the game would not save correctly) which has been fixed, but we got slammed on the ratings and we need to push those bad reviews down. laugh

Have fun! More iPhone stuff coming soon...

#178824 - 11/30/08 01:43 AM Re: Yay iPhone Fish Tycoon is Up (and fixed....)! [Re: Arthur]
VVFanatic Offline
Guru

Loc: Texas
Yay that is so awesome fish tycoon for Iphone I want an Iphone so bad I would totally buy FT !!!

VF2 -80%

#178827 - 11/30/08 01:58 AM Re: Yay iPhone Fish Tycoon is Up (and fixed....)! [Re: VVFanatic]
brussell Offline
Expert

Loc: UT, USA
Thanks! It has been a lot more fun to play now that it saves. I already did my part for the ratings.

#178844 - 11/30/08 04:09 AM Re: Yay iPhone Fish Tycoon is Up (and fixed....)! [Re: brussell]
Ricdic Offline

Absolutely I gave this a 5/5.

Not so much for the game, the idea of tending to fish in an almost tamagotchi way can be described as a little odd for a 26 year old father of 1.5.

However I like the overall aspect, the feeding, breeding, evolution & business portion.

I would put this application as a bit of a splice between the sims, spore, business tycoon, tamagotchi and Bentley Bears General Store (yes I know, oldschool).

I love the longetivity of this kind of application. Whilst I might be struggling to play it I do enjoy that there are hundreds of different methods to play the game. Mine isn't obviously working as most of my baby fish die but the joys of trying new things are what makes this game great.

The rating was also because I think the iPhone is the perfect platform for these kinds of simulation games and I think there is a lot of potential and income that can come from it. You don't need fancy graphics, instead you need longetivity and replay ability.

Keep up the great work, I can't wait to see what updates you do to this or other sim type games released

#178897 - 11/30/08 06:27 PM Re: Yay iPhone Fish Tycoon is Up (and fixed....)! [Re: Ricdic]
auntiekim Offline
Expert

Loc: chatteris,England
Just wrote a review for this on itunes, and the rating is now at 4+.
Can hardly wait for more games, I really like these games on my touch, the touch screen lends itself well to the games -and with having arthritis and replacement joints in my fingers It is much easier not to have to use a silly thin stick that I can't feel let alone control!

#179886 - 12/14/08 06:19 PM Re: Yay iPhone Fish Tycoon is Up (and fixed....)! [Re: auntiekim]
dokter_mac Offline
Adviser

Loc: Belgium
I'm going to rate it 5 grin.
I'm so happy that you are starting to release in-house games!
When I saw that VV was not an in-house release I was little bit disillusioned wink.
Great job & well done !!!!
Regards,
Dokter_Mac

#179905 - 12/14/08 09:25 PM Re: Yay iPhone Fish Tycoon is Up (and fixed....)! [Re: dokter_mac]
Houjun Offline
Consigliere

I made my brother purchase this for me since he's the only one with an iPod touch in the house. I absolutely adore the game and rated it 5/5 on itunes. grin

Track your currency.

If you like brainteasers, you might like Braingle.

#180568 - 12/24/08 02:13 PM Re: Yay iPhone Fish Tycoon is Up (and fixed....)! [Re: Houjun]
celticlucas Offline

You guys did such an amazing job porting this over to the iPhone! I can't stop playing it :P

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter