Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 104 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186928 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#183189 - 02/06/09 09:41 AM Re: [Spoilers?] How do you decide what to name your villager [Re: Lukerie]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

Loc: CA, USA
Originally Posted By: laurence
Numbers?!? Please!!!

(It has been already done to humans... in Europe, during the last World War... mad)

shocked Oh my! I'm so sorry!! I didn't even think how it sounded! eek I was meaning something like what Lukerie says here:
Originally Posted By: lukerie
you can name them a name and number their last names and when two people have kids, you put the numbers together, for example, villager 2 + villager 5= villager 25

It is an easy way to remember who their parents are.

I should have given an example. eek You can be sure, I always treat my villagers with the utmost respect and Guiding Hand kindness! smile However, I don't want to cause any trouble, so I'll drop the idea. And I deeply apologize to anyone offended. frown

#183191 - 02/06/09 10:52 AM Re: [Spoilers?] How do you decide what to name your villagers? [Re: Lukerie]
Becca123 Offline
Guru

Loc: In a happy place =D
I also have a way of last naming villagers. All my original villagers names automatically become the last name of their child.

Example: I have three girls: Waiata, Kia, and Lomai. I also have three boys: Nolo, Moto, and Tui. If Lomai and Tui have a baby, the last name will be Tui if it is a boy and Lomai if it is a girl.

After that I just keep repeating the last names. It's a good efficient way of keeping track of your villagers. It is also good if you like to see what original villager your tribe came from. smile

#183196 - 02/06/09 03:38 PM Re: [Spoilers?] How do you decide what to name your villagers? [Re: Becca123]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
Originally Posted By: lukerie
you can name them a name and number their last names and when two people have kids, you put the numbers together, for example, villager 2 + villager 5= villager 25
It is an easy way to remember who their parents are.
I do the same but with... the names!! For example, my last born is "Waipi PaiRuk", daughter of Pai and Ruku! (And she's so cute!! grin)

It's ok, HappyPlayer! wink wink

#183200 - 02/06/09 06:33 PM Re: [Spoilers?] How do you decide what to name your villagers? [Re: Lukerie]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
villager 2 + villager 5= villager 25

I make that villager 7. wink

#183209 - 02/06/09 08:19 PM Re: [Spoilers?] How do you decide what to name your villagers? [Re: arnie]
virtualruler Offline
Consigliere

Loc: In the past when the dinosaurs...
lol thats real smart
`

#183233 - 02/07/09 03:13 AM Re: [Spoilers?] How do you decide what to name your villagers? [Re: Lukerie]
redskinsvsgiants Offline

I use the fathers first name as the mother and children of the unions last name and use something in the same catagory as the mother. Like storm=father, Rose=mother, girl child will be like Daisy storm, or a boy child will be like Weed storm. lol

http://dragcave.net/user/footballmama70

#183289 - 02/08/09 06:54 AM Re: [Spoilers?] How do you decide what to name your villagers? [Re: redskinsvsgiants]
KayyRox! Offline
Adviser

Loc: California
I usually leave them alone. But if I dont, I make a theme per village. Like drinks or clothing. And I label the village's name that name. Cool huh? laugh

#199384 - 06/18/09 04:35 PM Re: [Spoilers?] How do you decide what to name your villagers? [Re: KayyRox!]
Dandep Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
Wow. The numbers thing... If someone wants to assign numbers to their villagers, I think its their perogative. I also gave numbers to one of my villages as a way of trying to keep up with who's who and did not once feel that village was any less important than any of the others. I have tried the various ways mentioned by others, but the best way for me to keep track of parentage was just to keep a family tree of my own. As for names, half of the time I keep the names the same. Sometimes I will alter it if the name is too weird or if I already had a villager named that. In one village I gave all Anglo names in alphabetical order. It was a trial to find "real" names in the letter Q after several generations. And yes, I look at baby names on websites to find some of my names.
I love VV and VF. Happy naming!

#235525 - 07/01/13 10:08 PM Re: [Spoilers?] How do you decide what to name your villagers? [Re: Dandep]
VV3 girl123 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: The Wild West
I do last names too, like for example, If Meza Uppleware marries Rapo Sander, the kid( s) become Sanders, So they usually inherit their father's last name but sometimes their mother's, These are the last names I use:

Sander
Uppleware
Tolstoy, or if female, Tolstoya
Jones
Awen, female Awena
Goldyson

And always, there's a royal family, so King or Queen or Prince or Princess counts as a last name, like Prince Raku. grin grin

Edited by VV3 girl123 (07/01/13 10:10 PM)
Edit Reason: Spelling and smiley

#237147 - 05/05/14 12:43 PM Re: [Spoilers?] How do you decide what to name your villagers? [Re: Isolove]
Joyful Abundance Offline

Some tribes I leave the game's names, but change them if some outstanding characteristic surfaces. Like I had one farmer who was doggedly persistent from the very start, he never wandered off to pick coconuts when it was time for the crops to come in, became Master Farmer really young and was the tribe's 1st esteemed Elder. I renamed him "Steady Eddie" because whatever task I put him to he would stick with it.

Another tribe I named all the first generation with names starting with "Z" - when a "Z" mom & "Z" dad had a baby, that next generation I gave names starting with "Y" and so forth thru the alfabet. I have tribes with Spanish names, tribes with Hebrew names, tribes with Russian names, tribes with names from Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series...

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter