Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 223 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#178232 - 11/25/08 01:28 AM [Spoilers?] How do you decide what to name your villagers?
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
I'm curious to find out how people name their villagers. Do you keep track of families by adding a common name? Do you hyphenate names for families? Do you keep the original names? Do you have a random naming system?

Feel free to answer these questions or add your own and give details laugh
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#178236 - 11/25/08 02:08 AM Re: [Spoilers?] How do you decide what to name your villagers? [Re: Xay]
Joine The Great Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Florida
I have a naming system based on appearance at birth.

For example, your avatar Xay I would name "Flower" due to the flowers on her head, and the very bright colors she is wearing.

My faveorite villager had short red hair, a headband, and a black dress. She was named "Karrot", because she looked like she had a carrot-top (I still miss little Karrot).

And all my chiefs, wheter boy or girl, always have the name Chiefy.

Edited by Joine The Great (11/25/08 02:16 AM)
Edit Reason: I needed to mention that! :P

#178237 - 11/25/08 02:19 AM Re: [Spoilers?] How do you decide what to name your villagers? [Re: Joine The Great]
elizabeths184 Offline
Expert

Loc: england
That sounds really cute! laugh

I usually leave the names as they are, unless I already have a villager with that name or if it doesn't seem to suit the villager.

In those cases I just name them the first thing that pops into my head - sometimes it's a name I've had before in Villagers that I liked, or sometimes I choose a letter and then make up a name that sounds quite 'Villagery' laugh

#178280 - 11/25/08 03:21 PM Re: [Spoilers?] How do you decide what to name your villagers? [Re: elizabeths184]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I mostly keep the villagers' names that were assigned by the game. On occasion I have named villagers if they remind me of someone; for instance one villager I renamed "Amy" after Amy Winehouse.

#180770 - 12/28/08 05:09 AM Re: [Spoilers?] How do you decide what to name your villagers? [Re: arnie]
VVGirl99 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Guess
I rename them but keep the first letter of their original name the same.

#180777 - 12/28/08 08:05 AM Re: [Spoilers?] How do you decide what to name your villagers? [Re: VVGirl99]
Danni Offline

Loc: Texas
I do the opposite I change the first letter in there names and keep the rest of the original name lol

#180814 - 12/29/08 05:48 AM Re: [Spoilers?] How do you decide what to name your villagers? [Re: Danni]
VVFanatic Offline
Guru

Loc: Texas
I usually always keep the original villagers name & I also let the villagers have "last names" but the last names are #'s like if the guys name wuz Koi 2 & he married someone named Pari 4 the child would be Lily 2 because she takes the fathers last name like in real life then I no which people are realated to each other & the same people always marry eachother......

VF2 -80%

#180836 - 12/29/08 04:29 PM Re: [Spoilers?] How do you decide what to name your villagers? [Re: Xay]
VVLolla*2 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Sri Lanka
I put my Family members' name :Ds

#180850 - 12/29/08 07:07 PM Re: [Spoilers?] How do you decide what to name your villagers? [Re: VVLolla*2]
TG3 Offline

What I usually do is with the first villagers,I give them last names...and it's in alphabetical order...the oldest last name and first name starts with A...and so far until the youngest.Then when two villagers has a baby,whichever gender it is,he/she will either have the beginning letter of the father's name or the mother's name.So if it was a boy,it will have the father's first initial in his name and the father's last name.If it was a girl,it will have the mother's first initial and the father's last name.

Do you guys know what I mean?
I think it's very easy to determine which child belongs to who or which family he/she is in. smile

#180853 - 12/29/08 07:14 PM Re: [Spoilers?] How do you decide what to name your villagers? [Re: VVLolla*2]
Isolove Offline
Trainee

Loc: UK
I name them in chinese sometimes, XD I mainly keep their names that they came with, but if I don't like it or I think of a better name then I name them differently. Sometimes I name them my friends' names laugh

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter