Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
Yesterday at 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#177555 - 11/16/08 10:13 PM Re: Where To Post Comments/Questions About VV iPhone? [Re: VVFanatic]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

Loc: CA, USA
I'd also like to know if LDW gets any of the money from the purchase of the game? If so, then I think I may recommend it to friends of mine who have an iPhone. Then perhaps they'll get interested in the desktop versions of the game! grin

#177558 - 11/16/08 11:32 PM Re: Where To Post Comments/Questions About VV iPhone? [Re: HappyPlayer]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: One of the thirteen colonies
I think I'd prefer the normal villagers' heads as opposed to the ones on the iPhone, but as long as the core game is there, I'd like it.

#177710 - 11/18/08 09:58 AM Re: Where To Post Comments/Questions About VV iPhone? [Re: halidog]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

Loc: CA, USA
I have to agree with you there Halidog. LDW's version of the villagers are to me much more appealing. I will admit that I have tried demos of other VV-style games in the past and didn't like them. But this one appears to be enough like the original that it seems like it would still be enjoyable. smile

#177717 - 11/18/08 11:56 AM Re: Where To Post Comments/Questions About VV iPhone? [Re: HappyPlayer]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Originally Posted By: HappyPlayer
I'd also like to know if LDW gets any of the money from the purchase of the game?

I'm sure LDW didn't give the publishers the rights for nothing! laugh

Whether they make money on the individual sales I don't know, and I expect LDW won't say, as it's really a private commercial matter.

#177964 - 11/21/08 08:07 AM Re: Where To Post Comments/Questions About VV iPhone? [Re: arnie]
Becca123 Offline
Guru

Loc: In a happy place =D
Sounds pretty cool to me. This version has like 50 puzzles, minigames, and a huge island. I still like the PC Desktop version better though. I love the PC version music and graphics, and the ability to take screenshots. smile

Edited by LadyCFII (11/21/08 01:47 PM)
Edit Reason: YouTube link removed

#178026 - 11/22/08 11:31 AM Re: Where To Post Comments/Questions About VV iPhone? [Re: YaelleG]
auntiekim Offline
Expert

Loc: chatteris,England
I bought this app 2 days ago, and having run it for aprox 3 hours each evening, these are my main impressions;
It's easy
It's amusing
It's nice game play on the touch.

I like how the villagers faces show different expressions,there are some very funny expressions on the villagers faces when asked to change tasks.

I like the mini games,- allthough they start off very easy they get more challenging.

I don't like how a lot of the 'puzzle solving' happens with little input from me.

I realise that this has been turned into a different game, but overall I thought it was more than worth the money, and may encourage some people to investigate LDW games who had not heard about them, (yeah-I think I may have missed telling 1 or 2 people).

#178158 - 11/24/08 04:06 AM Re: Where To Post Comments/Questions About VV iPhone? [Re: SodaVillage]
Crazybowgrrl Offline

Loc: Upstate NY (NOT the "CITY")
I have VV for iPhone on my iPod Touch (8GB). Works great. Very cute little villagers with lots of mini-games to help them learn skills & help pass the time. And yes there's a pause button, tho that does stop the real time play while you're away. I just hit the home button on my iPod when I want to quit playing - it quits the game but lets it continue independently just like on the PC version. And it doesn't burn up the device battery either while you're not playing. I've had the iPod version for 2 wks and play it awhile every day. My village is up to 15 people & they discovered the fountain of youth (returns old people to age 18 - also turns young kids to age 18 so you can put them to work quicker) FUN, FUN, FUN!! But yes the graphics are way better on the PC version. And it's hard to get "attached" to cartoon charaters of iPod version vs. the "real people" of PC version. My PC village has been going for 6 mos. hehe

#179241 - 12/05/08 12:34 AM Re: Where To Post Comments/Questions About VV iPhone? [Re: Crazybowgrrl]
PhantomReader Offline

Loc: USA
Does anyone know what happened to this app? I went to download it, and it doesn't exist on Itunes anymore?!?

#179680 - 12/11/08 08:57 AM Re: Where To Post Comments/Questions About VV iPhone? [Re: Arthur]
YaelleG Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Baltimore
You dont know how glad I am to hear that LDW didnt make the iPhone version of VV because I was upset to find out that I did NOT like it. That was a 1st for any of these games, what a relief. Noooo sir I most certainly did not like it and it didnt hold a candle to the real VV games. Phew.

#182245 - 01/25/09 01:08 AM Re: Where To Post Comments/Questions About VV iPhone? [Re: YaelleG]
Lukerie Offline
Consigliere

Loc: In my room playing VF
I have this game on the iPod Touch. Its really easy but I think it is worth the money. I am a big Virtual Villagers fan and this version is cool. I just wish there were more clothing and character choices. Although you can change your villagers clothes and hair whenever you want. But I think its worth $4.99!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter