Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 115 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#165049 - 07/23/08 10:44 PM For All Those That Have Lost a Beloved Pet
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
As a few (very few) of you know, recently one of our cats had to be put to sleep.
A few years ago, I came across this interesting bit of writing that I thought I would share with you all. While this is directed at cat owners, it is easy to shift a few details to apply it to a dog. After losing the cats I have had in the past, this has helped me immensely, though it does make me cry.

The Last Will and Testament of an Extremely Distinguished Cat
I, The Cat Above All Cats, because of the burden of my illness, realize that the end of my life is near... and so I hereby bury my Last Will and Testament in the heart of my Friend. She will not know it is there until some time after my death. Then, remembering me in her sadness, she will know of this testament. I ask her, then, to inscribe it as a memorial to me.
I have little in the way of material things to leave. Cats are much wiser than men. We do not set great value upon things. I have only my love and magic to bequeath. These I leave to all those who have loved me, and especially to my friend, who I know will mourn me the most. Perhaps it is vain of me to boast when I am so near to the Gate through which we must all, one day pass but I have always been an extremely special and distinguished cat!
I ask my friend to remember me always but not to grieve for me too long. In my life I have given her comfort in time of sorrow and a reason for added joy in her life. It is painful for me to think that even in death I should cause her pain. Let her remember that no cat was ever happier but I have grown ill and pained. It is time to say "Good-bye". It will be a great sadness to leave her but not a sorrow to die. I accept this part of the journey as a natural part of life…not something alien and terrible which destroys life.
What will come to me after death? Who knows? … But I would like to think that I will be joined by companions I've known in life. I will romp about in mice-filled fields with those who have gone before me. Every hour is mealtime and there is always a little brook with fresh running water. I will spend long evenings in front of fireplaces with logs forever burning and curl up with memories of the old days on earth and the love of my special person.
This is much to expect but peace is certain… and a long rest for these weakened limbs will be welcome.
One last request I make. I ask her, for the love of me, to have another. It would be a poor tribute to my memory not to have a cat in her life. I have never had a narrow spirit and have always held that most cats are good (some dogs, too!). Some cats are better than others, of course…like me! And, so, I suggest another of similar background but others could be suitable, too. No cat can be as distinguished and handsome as I was but she must not ask the impossible. He will do his best and even his inevitable defects will help to keep my memory ever green.
To him, I've left my green chaise lounge and my place in the garden window which I loved so much and wish him long, sunny afternoons of snoozing and bird watching.
A few last words of farewell, Dear Heart. I have loved you completely and no matter how deep I sleep I shall hear you. Remember always that Angels are not allowed to show their wings on earth, but there’s no rule against whiskers!

#165054 - 07/23/08 11:35 PM Re: For All Those That Have Lost a Beloved Pet [Re: Krystal]
Isolayan Offline
Expert

Loc: On the computer!
OH! Last year, when I was visiting my grandmother, one of her cats had four babies. One of my favorites was a little black one. he would always come up to me whenever i went to see them. When they got a little older, he got sick and frail. He died a few days later seeing this reminded me of him. It's wonderful. Very nice that you posted it!

#165061 - 07/24/08 12:24 AM Re: For All Those That Have Lost a Beloved Pet [Re: Isolayan]
Joine The Great Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Florida
It reminds me of Jade and her sister. One got hit by a car the other got locked in a garage for a week. Jade herself ran away

#165069 - 07/24/08 01:04 AM Re: For All Those That Have Lost a Beloved Pet [Re: Joine The Great]
Bowl Wheeevil Offline
Guru

Loc: Somewhere.
Our..Well, my pet Rabbit, Homer. We had him for so long. My brother brought him in the basement where my sister and I was at. He said that Homer was wouldn't stand up straight. He was leaning. He then started to walk a little better, so my brother put him back in his cage. I can't remember what happened, but he died after that. He passed away. \:\(

#165072 - 07/24/08 01:13 AM Re: For All Those That Have Lost a Beloved Pet [Re: Bowl Wheeevil]
Miss Monkey Girl Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Home
oh, its so touching

#165073 - 07/24/08 01:13 AM Re: For All Those That Have Lost a Beloved Pet [Re: Bowl Wheeevil]
kittenangel2001 Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Pennsylvania
I have lost too many pets living on a farm, every time it happens I know they are in a better place.

#165100 - 07/24/08 07:46 AM Re: For All Those That Have Lost a Beloved Pet [Re: kittenangel2001]
Kadgii Kailali Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Tokyo~ lol
my cat ran away last year when i was having my winter holiday but i loved that story thingy \:\)

#165330 - 07/25/08 08:16 PM Re: For All Those That Have Lost a Beloved Pet [Re: Kadgii Kailali]
PrettyKitty97 Offline
Expert

Loc: Isola Island
Ok, this made me cry! But it's nice to know that when they die, in heaven, animals are painless.

#165352 - 07/25/08 09:22 PM Re: For All Those That Have Lost a Beloved Pet [Re: PrettyKitty97]
Magicangel85 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Yorkshire, England
I lost one of my sweet guinea pigs after a long illness so it was comforting to read this "Last Will" and others experiences. Thanks for posted.
Magicangel85

#165361 - 07/25/08 09:49 PM Re: For All Those That Have Lost a Beloved Pet [Re: Magicangel85]
HarryFan17 Offline
Master

Loc: in the front row of a concert!...
Thank you for posting that, Krystal. I've lost many pets and still haven't gotten over the loss of some of them. I remember when my first cat, Pumpkin, had 5 kittens. before she had kittens, we got another little kitten named Nala. The dogs down the street killed him. 3 months aftre having the kittens, she was hit by a car. Then, we gave my neighboor a kitten. 2 weeks later, 2 of the kittens dissapeared. A year later, another one of them dissappeared. We got another cat named Snowball from the shelter. The last kitten was hit by a car a short time later. We got another cat from the shelter named Twix. Snowball and Twix live happily with my family. We've had Snowball for 4 years now and Twix for 3 1/2.

Even though it's been years, I'm still sad about my other cats that have passed. I've lost many chickens too. I still remember my favorite. She was just like a dog and would come sit by you. I miss her a lot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter