Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 291 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#16474 - 05/03/06 11:52 PM Re: Stopping time? (Windows version)
Jay Offline

Loc: Greenwell Springs, LA
As a matter of fact I do have #4 in all the tanks I breed in to speed up growth. Guess I will try putting them in the sale tank before I quit and see it this helps.

#16475 - 05/29/06 02:50 PM Re: Stopping time? (Windows version)
Boo_Fin Offline

I have the same problem with "stopping time" .. I read thru all the posts and as for the Magic fish #4.. I do have that one in both players. Like the previous posts.. One of my games is fine when I return. (with magic fish #4) and the other game I have sick and starving fish. Have not had any die yet.. but very sad shape when i turn the computer on.

I do click play first.. before changing speed settings.. and I do go back and make sure the "stopped time" stamp is on both players before i turn off computer. (obsessively, I check about 3 or 4 times.) Still, when I come back one player is fine.. but the other game the time has continued to march on..

#16476 - 06/05/06 03:33 PM Re: Stopping time? (Windows version)
cleeby Offline
Adviser

Loc: ee-zoh-lah!
I also have had the problem with stopping time and I DO NOT have fish #4 in any of the games yet. i have lost loads of games and i cant determine if its something i'm doing. it took me ages to work out you have to go back into the game once you have stopped time for it to register, but i even do this and i still have the problem

Can anyone help?

#16477 - 06/05/06 03:51 PM Re: Stopping time? (Windows version)
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
I have never had problems with stopping time in my games (as long as I follow the precautions that I outlined above), and I have many games running on multiple computers for testing purposes - all set for Stop Time. If someone who is having this problem would care to keep track of exactly what you're doing (what steps you take to stop time, whether or not you click play after stopping time, when and how you change players, and the exact steps you take when you start the game(s) back up), perhaps we could identify what is causing the disasters in your games.

#16478 - 06/05/06 03:59 PM Re: Stopping time? (Windows version)
cleeby Offline
Adviser

I shall keep a track and let you know over the next few days (Murphy's law it wont happen now!)

Thanks.

cleeby

#16479 - 06/05/06 04:55 PM Re: Stopping time? (Windows version)
Unicorn

That would be great!

#16480 - 06/06/06 04:38 PM Re: Stopping time? (Windows version)
cleeby Offline
Adviser

i kept a track last night and followed your instructions and today they had all stopped as expected, you will be pleased to hear. i will continue to monitor for the next few days.

cleeby

#16481 - 06/06/06 06:57 PM Re: Stopping time? (Windows version)
Unicorn

Thanks! It would be good if someone can find the sequence of events that causes Stop Time to act badly.

#16482 - 06/08/06 04:16 PM Re: Stopping time? (Windows version)
cleeby Offline
Adviser

ok, opened it up tonite and two of my tanks had underfed and sick fish - about to die and the were all perfectly heathy when i closed them down last night. with these two tanks it was the way i went into them to start them up that i believe was different. I closed down all five as per your instructions and got dh to watch in case i did it wrong. When i went into each one this evening if I changed player then went into options before pressing play and changed the time (to 2xfaster speed) I got sick and dying/dead fish. for those where i pressed play first, get the 'Times Stopped' message and then went into options, were fine.

I shall try it again next time to see if this is the key.

hope this helps.

cleeby

#16483 - 06/08/06 05:27 PM Re: Stopping time? (Windows version)
Unicorn

What you saw is what I would expect to happen. As I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, if you go to the menu and change players, then change the game speed before you click Play, the game will ignore that you had it paused all that time and update all of your fishies at the new speed setting when you click Play. Basically, the game doesn't know you had Stop Time set, if you change it to something else before you click Play (and your fish will be in the same condition they would have been if you'd left it at that speed setting when you last saved the game). You must click Play immediately after switching players if you want to preserve your game speed setting (whether that's Stop Time or any other game speed setting). Once you've clicked Play, you can go back to the menu and change the game speed.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter