Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 106 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
Yesterday at 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#142081 - 05/11/08 04:10 PM Re: How would you prefer to buy games? [Re: Sahira]
HarryFan17 Offline
Master

Loc: in the front row of a concert!...
Try before you buy all the way!

#142117 - 05/11/08 05:33 PM Re: How would you prefer to buy games? [Re: HarryFan17]
Skwgle Offline
Trainee

Loc: Tennessee
For sure try before you buy

#142192 - 05/11/08 07:44 PM Re: How would you prefer to buy games? [Re: Skwgle]
Houjun Offline
Consigliere

I definitely love those games that you try for sixty minutes before you buy. Even though one might not be able to get a very good taste of some games in sixty minutes, it's an excellent option for the majority of the games. It's the only reason that I got hooked on LDW's games and bought them. \:\) If the games had limited options, one wouldn't get the whole taste of the games and, for a lot of people, they wouldn't like the game as well.

Track your currency.

If you like brainteasers, you might like Braingle.

#142535 - 05/12/08 04:30 PM Re: How would you prefer to buy games? [Re: Gamemastr1]
knksmiles Offline
Master

Originally Posted By: Gamemastr1
Try before you buy is good. I wish it were more than an hour. Sometimes an hour is not long enough especially when you have tutorials and stuff. I have come across games where the first 2 levels are tutorials and once you get past that, your time is pretty much up and you don't have any time left to really see what the games is all about. Really, would 1 more hour really kill the gaming industry?

I agree with the slightly longer trial time. I wish a couple of the games that I have paid $20 for had had that slightly longer time because then I would have known that I could finish the entire game in less that 90 min and would have saved my money. I was so afraid of being burned again that I ended up waiting until VV1 was in stores for $10 and then wished I had bought it well before.

I like to see what the whole game is about, with no locked features simply because it is sometimes those locked features that really make me fall in love with a game. If it is locked in the trial I might not be hooked on a game I would really love.

#143332 - 05/13/08 10:07 PM Re: How would you prefer to buy games? [Re: knksmiles]
renaweir Offline
Adviser

Loc: California
I think a 90 minute trial time for certain games would be good, specially those whose tutorial lasts most of the trial period. However, unless VV3 is different, the first two Virtual Villagers were really easy to understand right away.

#165217 - 07/24/08 11:02 PM Re: How would you prefer to buy games? [Re: *Erica*]
Miss Monkey Girl Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Home
i always need to play demos before i buy the actual thing

#177076 - 11/11/08 08:46 PM Re: How would you prefer to buy games? [Re: Miss Monkey Girl]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Loc: Somewhere in NC
Try before you buy.

#177100 - 11/11/08 10:59 PM Re: How would you prefer to buy games? [Re: Havetia]
tkdgrl223 Offline
Master

If there is a game that look's cool I'll try in from Bigfishgames and if I like it I'll wait until iWin makes it unlimited trail with ads.

#177126 - 11/12/08 06:55 AM Re: How would you prefer to buy games? [Re: tkdgrl223]
CaszaGirl16138 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Australia (via TARDIS)
I would definitely choose limited features. That was one of the reasons why I asked my parents for Virtual Villagers. I really love that you can sorta play the game, but then you have to buy it to get further. I don't really mind the 60 min trial one because most games are like that, but it does get annoying when you're playing the game and then it suddenly stops, and you can't show it to your parents when you ask for it.

And I wouldn't choose the other options because the ads in between levels one is really easy to ignore and I am pretty sure sales would go down drastically, buying items with real money would be really weird, not to mention annoying (like in Club Penguin when you can't buy many items without a membership cry ) and the other option was really confusing for me crazy

#183073 - 02/04/09 04:37 PM Re: How would you prefer to buy games? [Re: *Erica*]
cattales Offline
Trainee

Loc: U.S.
I will only buy games that I can try first. Mostly, will they actually WORK on my Mac? Sometimes a game doesn't run, or doesn't run properly for me, despite meeting the posted system requirements. No way I want to waste my $$ on that! And others turn out to be not what I expected at all, but entirely not to my liking.
The time limit option is also fine, but rarely can I get a good enough sample in an hour to decide if I actually will enjoy more of it. Most of those I've tried, I don't end up buying. I opt instead for something I've played longer, that I'm sure I want to continue. An hour is barely enough to get the hang of the controls of many games (sometimes not enough even for that) and I just just don't enjoy it, so I don't buy.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter