Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 75 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#136746 - 05/02/08 12:52 AM How would you prefer to buy games?
Carla Administrator Offline
Executive Producer

Loc: Italy
This poll is just out of curiousity. We will NOT change how we sell our games now, we just would like to know what you all think:

Which Buy Model do you prefer?

try-before-you-buy model: LIMITED TIME- where a customer downloads a game from a website, plays a short demo - typically 60 minutes - then decides whether to spend money to play beyond the demo. The demo has all the features of the full version. [Most of the casual games are like this.]

try-before-you-buy model: LIMITED FEATURES- the customer downloads a game from a website, plays how long he wants but some features are locked. When the customers buys the game, these features will be unlocked. In the case of VV, some technologies would not be available (for example). [Our handheld games were like this.]

Ad-supported games - The game is free to play immediately as an extended free trial, but players will be shown ads before the game loads or during natural pauses within the game itself like between levels

Micro-transactions - Again, the game itself will most likely be free, but players can use real money to purchase items and loot to customize their character or spruce up the scenery of in-game locations

Virtual currency - A means to address customers who don't own credit cards. WildTangent was one of the pioneers of virtual currency with WildCoins, and currently offer it as one of three options along with buying the game outright and ad-sponsored sessions.

Buy Games Model
Only one choice allowed

Votes accepted starting: 05/02/08 12:49 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

Edited by Carla (05/02/08 07:29 PM)

#136747 - 05/02/08 01:04 AM Re: How would you prefer to buy games? [Re: Carla]
Jazzo Offline
Master Magician

Loc: jazzothegreat.com
I buy games often from Gamehouse (RealArcade) and I enjoy the try for 60 minutes feature. The problems with all the limited features choices is that until you pay you don't get to see all the good about of a game and you don't get the gist of it. Ads, I don't think are a good idea. So I vote try-before-you-buy. Oh, and buying "features" just gets weird in my opinion.

(W00T First reply)

#136751 - 05/02/08 01:12 AM Re: How would you prefer to buy games? [Re: Jazzo]
VVMeggie Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: In The Basement
I vote try-before-you-buy.I buy games from ifungames,It's cheaper and u dont have to wait!

www.virtualvillagerstories.blogspot.com

Visit My Forums
www.storiesanddrawings.chocoforum.net

#136752 - 05/02/08 01:15 AM Re: How would you prefer to buy games? [Re: VVMeggie]
VVMeggie Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: In The Basement
WOOT SECOND REPLY

www.virtualvillagerstories.blogspot.com

Visit My Forums
www.storiesanddrawings.chocoforum.net

#136753 - 05/02/08 01:15 AM Re: How would you prefer to buy games? [Re: Jazzo]
SpecialPrincess Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: the Midwest, USA
I had to go with try-before-you-buy model. With Micro-transactions and limited features, I feel like I am missing something and I pay up, but then I feel like I spent my money for nothing. Ad-supported games sound like a real pain because of all the, you guessed it, ads. And I just don't really understand Virtual currency, although I think I have used something similiar before. With try-before-you-buy, you get to taste everything, and if you don't like it, you aren't charged anything. And the only thing you are limited with is time. \:D

#136754 - 05/02/08 01:16 AM Re: How would you prefer to buy games? [Re: VVMeggie]
casjoejen Offline
Trainee

Loc: Australia
I love try before you buy.

An option if you don't have a credit card would be good expecially for the young kids.

I have seen them in the shout box, wondering how to convince their parents to put it on their credit cards

#136756 - 05/02/08 01:17 AM Re: How would you prefer to buy games? [Re: VVMeggie]
vvmom Offline

I like the limited features because then you can really fall for the game, sometimes 60 minutes isn't enough to fully appreciate a game.

#136767 - 05/02/08 01:45 AM Re: How would you prefer to buy games? [Re: vvmom]
Gamemastr1 Offline
Graphics Wizard

Try before you buy is good. I wish it were more than an hour. Sometimes an hour is not long enough especially when you have tutorials and stuff. I have come across games where the first 2 levels are tutorials and once you get past that, your time is pretty much up and you don't have any time left to really see what the games is all about. Really, would 1 more hour really kill the gaming industry?

#136775 - 05/02/08 02:14 AM Re: How would you prefer to buy games? [Re: Gamemastr1]
TheGnome Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Try before you buy *thumbs up*

Gamey, you don't strike me as a slow learner, so you must have come up against some games with very long tutorials \:\)

Even with the tutorials, I can usually decide whether or not I like the trial game and it has all the features of the registered game.

#136778 - 05/02/08 02:23 AM Re: How would you prefer to buy games? [Re: TheGnome]
*Erica* Offline
Master

Loc: Somewhere over the rainbow
try before you buy! definitely! i love playing demos!

I have two fan fictions called "Dear Diary" & "The Sad Life of Soda" check em out

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter