I suppose the depth factor depends a good deal on what you expect from a game, and how you play. Personally, I wanted a good, simple, pleasant game that required no speed, no mind boggling strategy, no slash 'n gash, no well endowed heros or heroines... and I got it in Village Sims.

For a PDA game (as apposed to the PSP or Nintendo DS, etc), it's really more than I expected!

Then again, I may play differently than some. I still have the same game going that I started with back when it first came out! Yeah, I don't play it as often, now that the urgency to gain points is moot, but I still check in. I still catch a villager doing something that I simply MUST interfere with. lol!

So I guess it all depends on what you expect, and what you get out of it. I still enjoy it, long after most PDA games have been "laid to rest" (like so many of my villagers, lol!). Almost every night, when I go to bed, I check my email, then check "the Village"... dump a doctor or two in the water so they can learn something besides relaxing, and life is good.