Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 291 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#122180 - 03/04/08 03:51 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
Gamemastr1 Offline
Graphics Wizard

I like creepy books like those from Dean R Koontz. I also liked the Harry Potter books and the full Chronicles of Narnia. Although I have to admit I am having a heck of a time getting through the "Prince Caspian" chapter. I have made a few attempts to get through it but for some reason, I just can't. I am not too sure if it is because it just doesn't hold my attention or what.

#122181 - 03/04/08 03:53 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
Yep, I'm a daily reader as well. 99% are bibical based. Other then the bible they are thology books, preachings, or the like. Presently I'm reading, Love Your God with All Your Mind: The Role of Reason in the Life of the Soul by J. P. Moreland.

#122182 - 03/04/08 04:32 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: TheVillageIdiot]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
I see several people read Koontz and King, I love their work.

\:\)

Unfortunately, I haven't had time to keep up with their new stuff... I did buy the latest King, and I was planning on reading it cover to cover (one sitting) over Srping Break, but I'll be moving instead.

I know that with Koontz and King I need to be able to just sit and read for at least 8 hours straight, because if I don't have the time to do it, I'll do it anyhow lol

#122211 - 03/04/08 07:09 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: eyeshigh]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
I like to read a lot, novel, poetry and mainly biographie and historical books. And also I like re-read classical books of ancient authors

#122287 - 03/05/08 12:35 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: laurence]
biddy Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Lancashire Great Britain
I like to read- mainly science fiction or science fantasy - like Anne McCaffrey and her son Todd!!!
Though I will read almost anything if it keeps my interest up!

#122297 - 03/05/08 01:41 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Caristiona]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
Originally Posted By: Caristiona
...my fave has to be the Dragonlady herself Anne MacCaffrey...
THE ONLY GOOD DRAGONS LIVE ON PERN!

I try to read daily, starting with my Bible. I also read lots of SF (Azimov is my fave in this genre) and Westerns (had every one of L'Amour's books in hardback or paper till the flood )

Oh Yeah! and don't forget I read these forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#122301 - 03/05/08 01:57 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Rockmower]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Azimov is a fantastic author! I was introduced to Sci-fi through his work, and I have never regretted it.

#122313 - 03/05/08 03:03 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: eyeshigh]
squawky Offline
Master

Loc: New England
Try to read a bit before bed every day. Despite the fact I own too many books, I never have time to read them - but I'll heartily agree with all the sci-fi/fantasy fans out there (Asimov, Niven, Zelazny, Kim Stanley Robinson, Terry Pratchett ... to name a few). Horror - Stephen King's early books and anything by H.P. Lovecraft. And I read a bit of popular science non-fiction, too (Simon Winchester's geology books are my favorites).

(Sigh...now I want to read something instead of doing more work - oh well \:\) ).

#122335 - 03/05/08 06:48 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: squawky]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

odd.... i don't remember re-naming myself squawky..... lol

another Zelazny fan! Even the sci-fi lovers I know here don't know his work somehow! I had a friend once who swore up and down he had been searching for the books... turned out he had spent a while looking for Zenlazy (freudian clue, perhaps?) and had seen the Zelazny, and didn't actually put 2 and 2 together. duh, right?

#122345 - 03/05/08 10:39 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: eyeshigh]
Becca123 Offline
Guru

Loc: In a happy place =D
I love reading mysterious books - and also scary stories.
I read almost every night when I am not up late doing homework
If there was a Virtual Villagers book, im sure I would be one of the first to buy it!

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter