Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 207 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#122120 - 03/04/08 02:36 AM How often do you read for pleasure?
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
How often do you read for pleasure? Do you read books, magazines? Do you relax with the newspaper in the mornings?

Feel free to reply and let us know what you enjoy reading.
How often do you read for pleasure?
Only one choice allowed

Votes accepted starting: 03/04/08 02:31 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

#122122 - 03/04/08 02:53 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: eyeshigh]
lucas Offline
Guru

Loc: AZ
I like to read. I try to read every day but dont so 3-4 times a week

I read my Bible
any thing to do with Teens or what they are reading
Music magazine so i know what is the music my kids are listening to
Romance novels
How magazine
Mysteries books

Edited by lucas (03/04/08 03:26 AM)

Ava By AR

#122123 - 03/04/08 02:57 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: lucas]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
What do you like to read? I generally read books for teens so I know what my kids are reading, but I also sprinkle in my favorite classics and the odd (sometimes very odd) political book.

#122132 - 03/04/08 03:33 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: eyeshigh]
SpecialPrincess Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: the Midwest, USA
I had to go with daily cause there wasn't a 5+ choice. My family gets the newspaper Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Sundays, and I read it whenever we get it. I also read an online newspaper called the Neopian Times, which is a primarily Neopets newspaper about Neopets. ;\) Also, I like to read stuff in my literature textbook sometimes. I don't really read books too much any more, mostly cause I don't have anything new to read. \:\( I will read pretty much anything, but some books BORE me. Example: the Children's Homer. I HATED THAT BOOK!! \:\/

My favorite types of books: autobiographies, biographies, science fiction, fantasy, realistic fiction, historic fiction, you name it. There are very few books that I have really hated.

Edited by SpecialPrincess (03/04/08 03:37 AM)

#122157 - 03/04/08 09:38 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: SpecialPrincess]
Emms Offline

Loc: England
I voted daily i read anything from crime thrillers to fantasy to horror novels, may favorite authors are Richard laymon, Terry pratchett, i also like Dean koontz, James herbert.

#122162 - 03/04/08 10:36 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Emms]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
I voted daily. I'm like Emms. I read just about anything I can get my hands on, although my favorite authors are: Piers Anthony (GO XANTH!) Nora Roberts, Christine Feehan and Stephen King \:\)
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#122168 - 03/04/08 02:13 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Xay]
Meems Offline
Expert

Loc: the hills and hollers of Tenne...
I,too,read daily. I collect many of my favorite authors from Good Will,used book shops,yard sales,flea markets and grocery store discount bins. I re-read favorite authors to help me sleep at night which lately has been Orson Scott Card(Empire),Dean Koontz(Odd Thomas),C.J.Cherryh(The Morgaine Saga)...I did read Stephen King's "Duma Key"(a valentine gift from my husband)and am almost ready to journey back to Mid-World because "it is Ka...and we are Ka-Tet" unless VVIII should suddenly appear within our grasp!

#122169 - 03/04/08 02:26 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Meems]
Caristiona Offline
Expert

Loc: a tiny town in Oklahoma
I enjoy reading. Books, magazines, game strategy guides, and a whole lot more. I try to set a good example for my daughter and read almost every day. I enjoy classical authors as well as more modern ones though I do tend to read more Sci-Fi and fantasy than anything else. Stephen King is awesome but my fave has to be the Dragonlady herself Anne MacCaffrey. Have just finished rereading "Little Women" and I feel like walking Drizzt's path once again.

#122171 - 03/04/08 02:41 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: lucas]
spyrogirlkim Offline
Expert

Loc: Kansas
I read every day.I love true crime,and scarry things.True Crime is best.Anyone read either story on Shanda Sharer.Both are good books about the crime.A 12 year old murdered by 4 other teen girls.

#122176 - 03/04/08 03:40 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: spyrogirlkim]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
Daily.

My favorite types of books are those about horses!
I also like some of the more classic stories, i.e. Little Women, Black Beauty (told you I like to read about horses).
I also love the Anne of Green Gables Series.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter