Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 291 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#11694 - 06/23/05 02:21 AM VS Suggestions
Mensh Offline
Trainee

Loc: Tokyo
1. Provide game cheats for known bugs. Like Stella of Tomb Raider fame http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/savegame.html

She provides downloadable set games to get you past the known game bugs, and provide you with a game with similar stats to the one you lost due to software glitches; and for particularly difficult sequences where you just can't seem to get Laura past the bad guys.

2. Allow me to visit the dead -- i.e. let me click on a tombstone or in the cemetery and see the stats of those who are buried there.

Once they're buried, their stats are removed from the details screen. Perhaps you can transfer the stats to a Deceased screen.

3. I'd like to place flowers on the graves of those brave Sims who were particularly helpful to me in life. Or have a small sanctuary in the cemetery where my Sims could go to reflect on the lives of friends who have passed away. You could give spirituality points for these devote people. Perhaps even establishing a category for them -- Priest or Pastor or Rabbi or maybe I will be able to choose the denomination. This would give you the skill to go with the tech as well. It's the only one that doesn't have a skill set.

4. Add the gender to the display screen I get when I highlight a villager. There names are genderless and the cute little buggers are way too small to determine it visually. It'd help us legally blind folks from attempting to mate same sex Sims.

5. While I'm at it, if you could add age that would be helpful. So the name field would read: Hoto M 35

6. I'm such a micro manager! I really want a screen that shows all my villagers by name, gender, age and skill on one line. And I want to be able to change the skill. What I seek here is a way to see how many farmers I have vs. construction, and quickly change the chosen skill of individuals to what I need at the moment.

7. 12 year olds should be able to forage for food. I can't have all these kids hanging out doing nothing for 15 years.

9. Make a PC version of this game.

#11695 - 06/23/05 04:18 AM Re: VS Suggestions
foodleking Offline
Expert

Loc: So Cal
Great suggestions. I especially like #6, about all the info on one line, and #2, about the tombstone stats.

Did you know that you can change the villagers skills? In the details screen, put a check on whichever skill you want them to do. Sometimes you have to "help" them learn that skill, but most of your villagers will adapt. I think that if you could change all of their skills from one screen and they all conformed easily, it would take some of the interest and individuality of the villagers out of the game. For example, I have had villagers who refused to learn to be farmers (after trying for 15 minutes), but who became builders on the first attempt, etc.

The villagers do honor the dead with flowers, but not on any one specific tombstone. Drag one up there and drop her and see what happens.

I also would love to see a PC version of the game, but I don't think I would play it as much as the Palm version. I love the portability and stealthiness of the Palm.

#11696 - 06/23/05 11:31 AM Re: VS Suggestions
Mensh Offline
Trainee

Yep, I've change their skills and found that some are real dumb about certain skills while others pick them up in a flash. I was looking for a way to quickly insure that I had at least one healer and one construction worker for example. If they don't like the skill I've chosen for them, they can continue to be obstinant and disobedient. That's ok with me.

Until I'm assured that my Sims won't disapper because they touched the dead, I'll leave them to RIP, where ever they fall.

What I'd really like is if this game didn't drain the battery so quickly. I practically have to play it in the charger cradle. Forget noodling with it on the train, the charge wouldn't last that long, and I've got too much data that I need for my business in this thing to find myself 4 hours from home with a dead battery.

#11697 - 06/23/05 11:42 AM Re: VS Suggestions
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Turning off the music and sound effects would help with your battery power situation. Driving the speaker adds to the battery drain.

#11698 - 06/23/05 12:49 PM Re: VS Suggestions
Mensh Offline
Trainee

Yes, I don't play the SE or Music on public transportation -- it'd be too rude. Mostly I play the game at home, and peek in on the Sims for a few minutes once or twice a day when I'm away. If I try to play for 30 mintues, the battery is dead, dead, dead.

Thanks, and good night.

Edited by Mensh (06/23/05 12:49 PM)

#11699 - 06/27/05 11:32 PM Re: VS Suggestions
Mensh Offline
Trainee

10. Have the Fertility Fish in the Lagoon rise up and show his, his, his, ah have him show whatever piece of anatomy you think is appropriate for a G rated game. This could coincide with a birth.

11. Fresh water fish, please. Why don't Villagers fish in the lagoon?

12. Seaweed is healthy, delicious and harvestable from the sea. It'd give you another graphic for the 'agers to drag out of the sea.

13. The berry bush never rejuvinates. Shouldn't it? Can there be other places on the island to forage?

14. What's up with the ruins? I haven't solved the 12th puzzle yet, but is re-building the ruins all I get? No magic messages, no spiritual advice? No electric feelings when I stand in the middle of my own personal Stonehenge?

15. Fire! Soon your builders could be chopping wood, building fires and someone could be cooking! Enough with the sushi, already.

#11700 - 06/28/05 02:35 AM Re: VS Suggestions
foodleking Offline
Expert

All great suggestions, I think, except for the fertility fish thing. Not sure what you mean by showing anatomy at a birth(?) The berry bush does rejuvenate. It just takes some time. I like the seaweed idea-- it is very useful and tasty stuff.

#11701 - 06/29/05 08:28 AM Re: VS Suggestions
Kialar Offline

Loc: Germany, Frankfurt(Main) area
Hi.

I wonder if it is possible to show the names of the parents of a given villager in the details screen and the gravestones.

-Kia

#11702 - 06/29/05 10:26 PM Re: VS Suggestions
foodleking Offline
Expert

The names of the parents in the details screen might give it a little too much of a "Deliverance" feel, perhaps. The gravestones idea is a great one.

#11703 - 06/30/05 10:19 AM Re: VS Suggestions
Kialar Offline

Loc: Germany, Frankfurt(Main) area
@foddleking:

I don't get the meaning of " 'Deliverance' feel" in this context. Doesn't that mean "feeling of been released into freedom"? ( Sorry for my bad english )

I thought about something like:

"Mara, daughter of Akiri and Zora" in the details screen and the gravestones (just if I have been misunderstood).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter