Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 275 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 ... 22 23 >
Topic Options
#104143 - 10/22/07 04:02 AM [SPOILER ALERT!] Virtual Seed Tray "Plus Version"
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Loc: Maryland, USA
This thread contains user modifications for Plant Tycoon. These modifications (or Mods) have been created by users and are not supported by LDW. Use these modifications at your own risk. If using them causes problems for your game, please do not request support from LDW. Although many people are using this mod successfully, the use of the Virtual Seed Tray has caused the loss of seeds under certain conditions. Make sure that you understand the risks of using this utility. It's also a good idea to back up your game files periodically.
----------------------------------------

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AND IMAGES CONTAIN SPOILERS. TURN AWAY IF YOU ARE MAKING YOUR OWN BREEDING CHARTS AND SEARCHING FOR THE MAGIC PLANTS YOURSELF!

LATEST VERSION

WHERE'S THE DARN LINK???
The link will be in the guide section after I send the link to the esteemed LadyCFII, and she has a chance to make the necessary changes. If I had to guess I would say some time on Monday. smile

IT LOOKS THE SAME! WHATS DIFFERENT???
Only one small upgrade. There is now a Tools>Chart drop down menu item:

SECOND WARNING: THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AND IMAGES CONTAIN SPOILERS. TURN AWAY IF YOU ARE MAKING YOUR OWN BREEDING CHARTS AND SEARCHING FOR THE MAGIC PLANTS YOURSELF!

SO WHAT'S THAT DO???
If you click it, you get this:

WHAT'S ALL THAT STUFF???
  • The numbers are the prices you can charge for the plant once you have the needed magic plant.
  • The red squares are the magic plants
  • The green dots are the seeds you own.
  • The yellow dots are the plants you can make (cross-breed) from the seeds that you own.
If you click any of the yellow dots on the grid (in this example I clicked the yellow dot on the Bluestar Gladiatus cell) you get some handy information about how to make that plant:

THAT LOOKS LIKE GIBBERISH! WHAT'S THAT MEAN, IN ENGLISH???
To breed a Bluestar Gladiatus, follow these steps:
  • Crossbreed a Bluestar Reptans with a Jalapa Ball Cactus
  • Take the plant that results and cross it with a Nox Orchid
  • Take the plant that results and cross it with a Nox Orchid Again
  • Voila, the plant that results should be a Bluestar Gladiatus

Questions, comments, suggestions, errors? Please leave replies in this thread!

Best Wishes,
-Borg

#104191 - 10/22/07 12:31 PM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: Borg]
Funkiroller Offline
Expert

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Sorry to hear about you loss Margi.

Borg, one thing that I never saw mentioned was - If you download another version of the utility, like the one that you are working on now, what happens to your seeds that you have in the other version? Do you have to transfer them back to your game, or can you keep them in the VST that you have and they will automatically go into the new version?

Edited by LadyCFII (10/22/07 01:52 PM)

#104233 - 10/22/07 02:32 PM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: Funkiroller]
pictishgirl Offline
Trainee

Borg, thanks for all your work on this.

I wondered the same thing as Funkiroller - what do we do about the seeds in the first version that we are using if we download Plus Version?

#104276 - 10/22/07 04:09 PM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: pictishgirl]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

That is a good question.

Since this change did not affect the way the seed file was stored, I am 95% certain that it will work with your existing virtual seed tray storage files.

Just to be sure, save the old version of the program under a different name, backup all your plant tycoon save games and your virtual tray files, download the new version of the program, and see if it works.

If anyone does that, perhaps they could post their results here \:\)

I really am 95% sure that there will not be any problems with this version.

Also, as I mentioned in the non-spoiler version of this thread, there is now an even NEWER version of the program, in which I have added an option to NOT see the spoiler information such as which plants are the magic plants.

Cheers,
Borg

#104277 - 10/22/07 04:18 PM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: Borg]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
I have tested the new version with the previous version's VST and it works perfectly. Backing up the files first is never a bad idea, however, since we all know that computers love to defy us! \:\)

#104279 - 10/22/07 04:25 PM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: LadyCFII]
Deathwing Offline
Master

Loc: GaiaOnline, DW_08 ^^
Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
Backing up the files first is never a bad idea, however, since we all know that computers love to defy us! \:\)

lol, The truth and nothing but the truth.

My Pets home

#104299 - 10/22/07 06:25 PM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: Deathwing]
ItzTerri Offline

Loc: NC
I backed up my files and had NO PROBLEM with this. Wow, this is neato!!! The only thing I hate is that you can't have it opened at the same time that Plant Tycoon is open. And I wish it said which plants you actually have bred. I have 301 plants, but I'm missing a bunch of seeds, which really doesn't matter, I guess. Unless I need to crossbreed. This is so much fun. I am definitely addicted!!!

Thanks again Borg!
Comes to know
His other hand . . .
Holds
Her
Child

---Thais F. Henry

#104310 - 10/22/07 08:04 PM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: ItzTerri]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
You can have both programs open at the same time as long as you only want to look at your seed lists or the chart and you never, ever, ever save the data in the VST when the game is open. Was that enough of a warning?

#104365 - 10/22/07 11:05 PM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: LadyCFII]
Snickers Offline

Loc: the dungeon
I would like to see a sell all seeds button added for those of us who want to sell the extra seeds without placng them in the game 1 at a time...

#104393 - 10/23/07 03:03 AM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: ItzTerri]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Originally Posted By: ItzTerri
...I wish it said which plants you actually have bred. I have 301 plants, but I'm missing a bunch of seeds...

Virtual Seed Tray News \:\)

the latest incarnation of the program now shows you what plants you have already bred in the game by marking them with a salmon colored ring or a salmon colored dot.

to see how many plants you have breed, you can go to the Stats Page in the game and look for "Species Discovered."

Cheers,
Borg

Oops, almost forgot, here is a screen shot. since this is the [spoiler] thread, here is the spoiler picture:

when you first download the program, it defaults to not showing you the spoiler information. the chart will look similar to the above but will be missing things like prices, magic plant identities, etc. if you wish to view the 'spoilers', go to the options drop down menu and uncheck the options that say hide spoilers/hide magic plant identities.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 ... 22 23 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter