Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 121 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
Yesterday at 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186930 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#103987 - 10/21/07 03:01 PM Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
These 4 species (Spotted Reptans, Citrus Reptans, Spotted Ball Cactus, Citrus Ball Cactus) cannot be created from any of the plants that you can breed from the seeds that you start the game with. In other words, if you don't already have, for example, a Spotted Reptans, you can't create one by breeding other species.

If you need any of these species and don't have them, the best chance to get one is to buy common seeds from the Supply Shop. You can get them by using Mutation Liquid on other plants, but that's expensive and requires luck.

The Citrus species can be bred once you can afford the Extinct Seeds from the Supply Shop, but (again) that's a very expensive option and also requires luck in getting the right seeds.

#103990 - 10/21/07 03:38 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: LadyCFII]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
The Citrus species can be bred once you can afford the Extinct Seeds from the Supply Shop, but (again) that's a very expensive option and also requires luck in getting the right seeds.
The same is true for the Ball Cactus species. They can be bred once you can afford the Extinct Seeds from the Supply Shop.

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#103996 - 10/21/07 04:32 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: sfrose]
lp7p Offline
Expert

Loc: SE USA
now that I think about it and refer back to my original game notes(deleted from frustration). I believe thats the part of the genectic code that I trashed the seeds for. I had citrus species as one of the original seeds. When my trays began to fill, I trashed those seeds because I didn't think they were stunning. I regret that in the end. But, I started over and now I have Borgs VST. About 700 hours into my second game and have started two others. With all my research and the VST. I'm eagerly looking forward to new frontiers in Plant Tycoon. I want to find all the species. Maybe create one if thats possible.

#104018 - 10/21/07 07:53 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: lp7p]
Jazzo Offline
Master Magician

Loc: jazzothegreat.com
One time I got really mad cuz I was x-pollinating like tier 3 and 4 flowers to try to get rare species, and what do I end up with? Citrus. SOO annoying.

#104019 - 10/21/07 07:59 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: Jazzo]
Jazzo Offline
Master Magician

I remember now, it was Aureus and Tahitian. So annoying to end up with a tier 1 from a tier 3 and a tier 4 \:D

#149534 - 05/23/08 02:13 AM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: Jazzo]
pplant Offline

Loc: florida
how about tilia and baccatus. baccatus someti,es ican make but havent had any luck with tilia

#149572 - 05/23/08 03:43 AM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: pplant]
Unicorn

Tilia can only be obtained by mutation or purchasing extinct seeds from the supply shop.

#151418 - 05/27/08 08:39 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: LadyCFII]
GMD Offline

For a citrus reptans are there two plants I have to cross to get this??? I know I have to wait to get citrus varieties by purchasing them, but I would like to know which ones to watch out for? Thanks

#151627 - 05/28/08 03:04 AM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: GMD]
Jazzo Offline
Master Magician

MAJOR SPOILERS

How to make Citrus:
Click to reveal..
Mela + Citrus
Citrus + Citrus
Venomous + Arthurium
Fabled + Tilia
Tilia + Fragrant
Baccats + Fragrant
Blazing + Baccatus
Lilia + Blazing
Fourpetal + Lilia
Tahitian + Fourpetal
Aureus + Tahitian
Venus + Aureus
Venomous + Venus
Mela + Arthurium

How to make reptans:
Click to reveal..

Mutate scandens and you have a 1/4 chance of getting reptans.

#155108 - 06/05/08 09:19 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: Jazzo]
Diversity Offline
Expert

Loc: Kentucky
Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread!
I just started the game and was very confused about making plants. lol
I am so LOVING this game!
I can't wait for the next new one of it. :-)

#156547 - 06/11/08 01:22 AM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: Diversity]
Jami Offline
Master

Loc: California
I've got the Citrus Ball Cactus, it's the Spotted Reptans that I can't get. Also the Fourpetal Reptans.

www.jamisings.com

#156682 - 06/11/08 03:06 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: Jami]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
Bravo for the citrus ball cactus, it's very important! \:\)
But the spotted reptans is the most difficult! You must mutate a spotted scandens or a painted reptans and be very lucky!! Or you may buy it in the supplies… if you are… very lucky!! \:D

#156942 - 06/12/08 04:36 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: laurence]
Jami Offline
Master

And I don't have either of those two to mutate. *sighs*

I've seemed to make five of the six magic plants by accident. Just desperate, random breeding and all of a sudden, BOOM! they're there. Just need the flower of knowledge and I'm done.

www.jamisings.com

#157618 - 06/16/08 01:17 AM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: LadyCFII]
Lorien Offline

so i just have to consider myself lucky to have all of them except Citrus Ball Cactus in my first seeds...
guess i'll have to be patient :s
no other trick to get the CBC???

L.

#157680 - 06/16/08 02:39 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: Lorien]
AtarahPern Offline
Consigliere

Loc: PA
Just keep buying Cactus seeds, and hope for the best until you get enough money to play the mutating game. That's really you're only choice.
\:\)
Marcey

#157685 - 06/16/08 03:12 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: AtarahPern]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Lorien
so i just have to consider myself lucky to have all of them except Citrus Ball Cactus in my first seeds...
guess i'll have to be patient :s
no other trick to get the CBC???

L.
Without tier 4 plants, you can mutate:
A Pear Cactus to get a Ball Cactus
A Mela to get a Citrus
Or, as said AtarahPern, find it in the supplies! \:\/
Originally Posted By: AtarahPern
Just keep buying Cactus seeds, and hope for the best until you get enough money to play the mutating game. That's really you're only choice.
\:\)
Marcey

#157702 - 06/16/08 05:12 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: laurence]
Lorien Offline

hope i find it in the supplies... i bought some yesterday and it turned out to be a fourpetal ball cactus but it is said that the "store" restocks every 24 hours... is that actual 24 hours or is that gameplay cause i pause my game when i'm not playing...

L.

#157719 - 06/16/08 07:17 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: Lorien]
Unicorn

It should be 24 hours according to your system clock, although pausing the game has been seen to affect certain timings in the game. For Plant Tycoon, an approach that works better than pausing in this situation is to sell all of your plants before you quit. The passage of time while the game is off affects only the plants growing in the greenhouse. If there are no plants growing, there are no adverse effects from not pausing the game. \:\)

#157745 - 06/16/08 09:59 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: LadyCFII]
Lorien Offline

thanks barbara ;\)
that's a great tip...should've thought about that one

L.

#159923 - 06/27/08 12:10 AM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: AtarahPern]
Lorien Offline

thanks for the tip ... it worked ;\) bought it last night...

#159924 - 06/27/08 12:12 AM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: Lorien]
Lorien Offline

sorry for the double post... my cat jumped on my hand while i was still adding smileys

#160485 - 06/29/08 05:04 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: LadyCFII]
zz449944 Offline

Loc: upstate New York, USA
Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
These 4 species (Spotted Reptans, Citrus Reptans, Spotted Ball Cactus, Citrus Ball Cactus) cannot be created from any of the plants that you can breed from the seeds that you start the game with.

I have read the first line in this thread several times. I am a new player, so don't know much yet. But, in my second game I already have Spotted Ball Cactus and Citrus Ball Cactus. In fact, I think that Ball Cactus was one of the first seeds I was given.

What I _DON'T_ have in my second game are any REPTANS foliage. None at all. I guess I am gonna have to buy a seed for that. However, in my first game, I had tons of Reptans, but no Maple.

So far in 2 games started, I have never seen any Fern or Grass species at all.

____

I think each game is slightly different. I expect when I start a new game, I will be given different seeds.

#160500 - 06/29/08 05:54 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: zz449944]
Unicorn

The plants and seeds that you get at the beginning of the game are all common plants (Tier 1). You will never start the game with any hybrids, such as Fern or Grass, since you have to produce those from cross-pollinating different species plants.

The reason we have this thread is to let people know that the Citrus and Ball "flowers" and the Reptans and Cactus foliage cannot be produced by crossing other types of plants and flowers. You must either have the plants or seeds already, or you will need to buy the seeds for them or create those species by mutating other species.

#162662 - 07/10/08 09:55 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: LadyCFII]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Northwest, England
What plant do I need to use to get to mutate to get the authen reptans. I don't remember how to spell it, its the red one that look like lips. I got the 22 leaves species of that plant, not the reptans, I would be glad if some one can help.

#162689 - 07/10/08 11:49 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: Annthewhofan]
Unicorn

The Citrus can mutate to an Arthurium. Since the flowers and foliage mutate separately, the best chance you have is to plant a bunch of Citrus Reptans and wait until they mature (so that you can see their flowers and the effect of the mutagen). Mutate each plant one time, then move to the next one if you don't get the result you want. Make sure you reserve at least one plant to make more Citrus Reptans seeds in case you don't succeed getting the Arthurium in the first batch.

#162861 - 07/11/08 07:33 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: LadyCFII]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Northwest, England
Thank you very much for your help LadyCFII

#165094 - 07/24/08 06:11 AM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: Annthewhofan]
Jami Offline
Master

I'm ready to give up. I still need the Nox Orchid but cannot get a Spotted Reptans in the shop. I've bought and bought. I've mutated. And nothing! I just keep getting the same old seeds. And none of them are what I need. *sigh*

www.jamisings.com

#165125 - 07/24/08 01:30 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: Jami]
elizabeths184 Offline
Expert

Loc: england
After playing Plant Tycoon a LOT, I've found that there is Always more than one way to make each type of plant (of course except for the ones you can't breed like spotted).

So even if you don't have a citrus ball cactus (or any other plant you're 'supposed' to have) there is a way to make the magic plants. It involves some trial and error (and a bit of note taking), but I wouldn't give up just because you don't seem to have the right plants to breed with.

I have made up a foliage chart for myself as I've played and in a round about way you can work out which plants to breed with which (there are Hundreds of combinations of plants and flowers, and each two create another unique set of plants and flowers, so obviously there is not just one way to make any particular plant).

#175624 - 10/25/08 12:35 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: LadyCFII]
VBlue Offline

I got the reptans but can't get the spotted....any clues on how to get a spotted reptans?? I've tried mutating the scandens which gave me the reptans but I keep getting the mela, venamous, and citrus reptans...can't get a spotted.

HELP!!

#175628 - 10/25/08 01:11 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: VBlue]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

The only flower that may make a reptans by Mutation is a Painted! \:\/
So you need to have a lot of Painted Reptans or Spotted Scandens and try to mutate them one by one!

The other manner is to buy the good seed!

Good luck! \:\)

#175629 - 10/25/08 01:22 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: laurence]
VBlue Offline

Thanks so much for that info!!

Another question....do you get new seeds to buy every 24 hrs or is it just like 3 times and that's it no more seeds??

#175631 - 10/25/08 01:31 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: VBlue]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: One of the thirteen colonies
I think it's every time you visit the store there's new seeds. This answer is not correct.

Edited by LadyCFII (10/25/08 01:42 PM)

#175632 - 10/25/08 01:32 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: halidog]
VBlue Offline

Nope that can't be cause I've been in and out of there several times and still no seeds.....

#175633 - 10/25/08 01:35 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: halidog]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: VBlue
Thanks so much for that info!!
You're welcome
Originally Posted By: VBlue

Another question....do you get new seeds to buy every 24 hrs or is it just like 3 times and that's it no more seeds??
Originally Posted By: halidog
I think it's every time you visit the store there's new seeds.
If I well remember, it's every 24 hours (our real hours) and not each time you go to the store! ;\)

#175634 - 10/25/08 01:38 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: laurence]
Unicorn

As Laurence has said, buying common seeds is a good option. It's a lot cheaper to buy common seeds from the Supplies Shop. You know what Reptans seeds look like, so keep buying them, and you will eventually get a Spotted Reptans. There are only 5 flower types possible on a common seed, so each time you have a 20% chance of getting a Spotted.

Mutation is much costlier, is not guaranteed, but it is faster than waiting for a new seed supply in the store. There is a chance that you will get a Spotted Reptans from a Painted Reptans. But you could also see the foliage change into a different plant altogether or get a Daisy Reptans.

If you don't have a Painted Reptans, you could try "working your way down" with mutation liquid, but it will be expensive and potentially very frustrating, since the plant could change in ways that are opposite to what you're trying to accomplish.

If everything mutated exactly as you wanted each time (only the flowers changed and only toward Spotted), you could work your way down from a Nox Reptans, as follows:

Nox Reptans => Daisy Reptans => Painted Reptans => Spotted Reptans

Good luck! \:\)

#175635 - 10/25/08 01:38 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: laurence]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: One of the thirteen colonies
Oh. I just got a free trial, so I wasn't sure. Thanks!

#175637 - 10/25/08 01:45 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: halidog]
VBlue Offline

Awesome!! Thank you soooo much everybody!!

#175725 - 10/26/08 03:19 AM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: Diversity]
MariaWB Offline
Trainee

Loc: Denmark
I'm trying to get the Spotted Reptans. I have Aureus, Citrus, Fabled, Fourpetal, Fragrant and Jalapa.

I only had Jalapa and Citrus to start with, the others I got with Mutation. But now they just repeat themselves when Mutated. So annoying =S

#175728 - 10/26/08 03:47 AM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: MariaWB]
Unicorn

Mutation liquid is not the best method for trying to get a specific plant - it's just too random.

If you read my post a few posts before yours, you'll find a more detailed explanation about trying to get a Spotted Reptans.

#175729 - 10/26/08 03:54 AM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: LadyCFII]
MariaWB Offline
Trainee

Loc: Denmark
Yeah, I just have to wait for Reptans seeds popping up in the shop. Dumb Reptans =p

#179195 - 12/04/08 01:01 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: MariaWB]
KScarpetta Offline

Hi,

Can any of you put up a screen shot of a reptans seed?

Thank you!

#179197 - 12/04/08 01:45 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: KScarpetta]
Unicorn

A guide with pictures of all the seed types is contained in this post in the Plant Tycoon guides section of the forums.

#179199 - 12/04/08 02:01 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: LadyCFII]
KScarpetta Offline

Thank you!

#185092 - 03/18/09 04:27 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: Jazzo]
ameera Offline

Originally Posted By: Jazzo
MAJOR SPOILERS HIGHLIGHT THE FOLLOWING BLANK SPACE TO READ

How to make Citrus:
Mela + Citrus
Citrus + Citrus
Venomous + Arthurium
Fabled + Tilia
Tilia + Fragrant
Baccats + Fragrant
Blazing + Baccatus
Lilia + Blazing
Fourpetal + Lilia
Tahitian + Fourpetal
Aureus + Tahitian
Venus + Aureus
Venomous + Venus
Mela + Arthurium

How to make reptans:
Mutate scandens and you have a 1/4 chance of getting reptans.

END SPOILERS

i can't understand this thing pls help

#185096 - 03/18/09 05:21 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: ameera]
Unicorn

That chart lists the flower types that, when cross-pollinated, will produce the Citrus flower. Most of those flowers are rare, exotic species that are only available by purchasing exotic seeds or getting lucky with mutation.

The difficulty with trying to create a Ball Cactus by breeding or mutation is that you have to be very far along in the game, have plenty of money, and be a bit lucky. Exotic seeds are expensive and require the best soil. Mutation is expensive, also, and the random element to the results can make getting exactly what you want difficult.

#198250 - 06/09/09 04:33 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: Diversity]
mims Offline

hi I'm new here and am after a spotted reptan. Are you saying that if I don't get these seeds from the beginning I can't make this plant? Another words, I have to start a new game?

#198258 - 06/09/09 05:32 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: mims]
Unicorn

No, that's not what we're saying. As I said in the first post in this thread, you can buy Reptans seeds from the store. Eventually, if you keep buying every Reptans seed that is available in the store, you will get a Spotted Reptans. Mutation is also another choice, but you have to have a lot of luck (and money) to make one that way.

#232363 - 01/26/13 09:16 AM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: LadyCFII]
Sasi Offline

Greetings. I realize this thread is long since been buried but, I had a question for LadyCFII or anyone really: can you please show me the way to the mutation guide that I have been told is on here somewhere? I clicked the link that was supposed to take me there in a post somewhere and it took me to LDW main forum page which didn't have the guide. I really want a CBC and mutation is looking more and more like my only option...yes I know there are plenty of ways to get the magic plants, but i found out years ago (and two computers ago) that having a CBC is so much easier than going through the guessing game or chart game >.< by the same token I'm not really one for guides, but a little help getting a CBC would make my day! Thanks for reading fellow PT fans!

Edited by Sasi (01/26/13 09:20 AM)
Edit Reason: personal edit of information

#232364 - 01/26/13 05:16 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: Sasi]
Unicorn

I'd be happy to point you to the guide. The Plant Tycoon Guide section of the forum (with lots of useful content) is here, and the mutation guide is here. Don't forget that you can always select the "Forum List" link near the top of the page and scroll down to see every available forum here. laugh

P.S. Many of the links from old posts are now broken, since the update of the forum software changed how those links work. We have fixed some of the most important ones, but there are too many of them for us to repair them all. shocked

#232373 - 01/27/13 05:13 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: LadyCFII]
Sasi Offline

Thanks for the direction! I'm not used to this forum setup so it is still a bit confusing to find what I'm looking for. blush After looking at the pocket guide I found the one that Jazzo did that you posted in another thread was far more helpful to what I needed. Now that I have the cash to do so, I'm but two mutations away from the last two MP that I've been needing! Its not as fast as having a CBC but at least I'm expanding my number of species found, hehehe. I find it sad that the last two are arguably the easiest ones to make (if fortune gave you a CBC at the beginning of the game) crazy Thanks again LadyCFII!!

#232374 - 01/27/13 06:56 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: Sasi]
Unicorn

We're always glad to help! It's great to hear that you're making excellent progress in the game. laugh

#233806 - 05/04/13 09:17 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: Diversity]
Taco Freak Offline
Adviser

Loc: US
Citrus Reptans is a common plant...
Click to reveal..
Citrus Scandens is the plant after Citrus Reptans. If you have min 1 mutation liquid you have a 1/4 chance of getting it.

There are 25 common plants.
56 uncommon confused is that right?
The rest are rare.

There are 529 plants total (wow!) laugh

#234507 - 05/26/13 12:39 AM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: LadyCFII]
Taco Freak Offline
Adviser

Loc: US
Quote:
These 4 species (Spotted Reptans, Citrus Reptans, Spotted Ball Cactus, Citrus Ball Cactus) cannot be created from any of the plants that you can breed from the seeds that you start the game with. In other words, if you don't already have, for example, a Spotted Reptans, you can't create one by breeding other species.

If you need any of these species and don't have them, the best chance to get one is to buy common seeds from the Supply Shop. You can get them by using Mutation Liquid on other plants, but that's expensive and requires luck.

Actually, the Spotted Reptans can be a good plant... My favorite is Citrus Pitcher, but, that is like my 10th favorite (which doesn't seem so bad once I tell you there are a total of
Click to reveal..
plants on the game smile ) I like Spotted Reptans Because it can't be cross bred. I bought 37 Reptans seeds from the store and only ONE was spotted!

Is this bad luck or 1 in 30-ish is the chances of getting it?!?! smile eek ... oh yeah, I counted! LOL!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter