Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186928 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#159924 - 06/27/08 12:12 AM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cact [Re: Lorien]
Lorien Offline

sorry for the double post... my cat jumped on my hand while i was still adding smileys

#160485 - 06/29/08 05:04 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: LadyCFII]
zz449944 Offline

Loc: upstate New York, USA
Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
These 4 species (Spotted Reptans, Citrus Reptans, Spotted Ball Cactus, Citrus Ball Cactus) cannot be created from any of the plants that you can breed from the seeds that you start the game with.

I have read the first line in this thread several times. I am a new player, so don't know much yet. But, in my second game I already have Spotted Ball Cactus and Citrus Ball Cactus. In fact, I think that Ball Cactus was one of the first seeds I was given.

What I _DON'T_ have in my second game are any REPTANS foliage. None at all. I guess I am gonna have to buy a seed for that. However, in my first game, I had tons of Reptans, but no Maple.

So far in 2 games started, I have never seen any Fern or Grass species at all.

____

I think each game is slightly different. I expect when I start a new game, I will be given different seeds.

#160500 - 06/29/08 05:54 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: zz449944]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The plants and seeds that you get at the beginning of the game are all common plants (Tier 1). You will never start the game with any hybrids, such as Fern or Grass, since you have to produce those from cross-pollinating different species plants.

The reason we have this thread is to let people know that the Citrus and Ball "flowers" and the Reptans and Cactus foliage cannot be produced by crossing other types of plants and flowers. You must either have the plants or seeds already, or you will need to buy the seeds for them or create those species by mutating other species.

#162662 - 07/10/08 09:55 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: LadyCFII]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Northwest, England
What plant do I need to use to get to mutate to get the authen reptans. I don't remember how to spell it, its the red one that look like lips. I got the 22 leaves species of that plant, not the reptans, I would be glad if some one can help.

#162689 - 07/10/08 11:49 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: Annthewhofan]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The Citrus can mutate to an Arthurium. Since the flowers and foliage mutate separately, the best chance you have is to plant a bunch of Citrus Reptans and wait until they mature (so that you can see their flowers and the effect of the mutagen). Mutate each plant one time, then move to the next one if you don't get the result you want. Make sure you reserve at least one plant to make more Citrus Reptans seeds in case you don't succeed getting the Arthurium in the first batch.

#162861 - 07/11/08 07:33 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: LadyCFII]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Northwest, England
Thank you very much for your help LadyCFII

#165094 - 07/24/08 06:11 AM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: Annthewhofan]
Jami Offline
Master

Loc: California
I'm ready to give up. I still need the Nox Orchid but cannot get a Spotted Reptans in the shop. I've bought and bought. I've mutated. And nothing! I just keep getting the same old seeds. And none of them are what I need. *sigh*

www.jamisings.com

#165125 - 07/24/08 01:30 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: Jami]
elizabeths184 Offline
Expert

Loc: england
After playing Plant Tycoon a LOT, I've found that there is Always more than one way to make each type of plant (of course except for the ones you can't breed like spotted).

So even if you don't have a citrus ball cactus (or any other plant you're 'supposed' to have) there is a way to make the magic plants. It involves some trial and error (and a bit of note taking), but I wouldn't give up just because you don't seem to have the right plants to breed with.

I have made up a foliage chart for myself as I've played and in a round about way you can work out which plants to breed with which (there are Hundreds of combinations of plants and flowers, and each two create another unique set of plants and flowers, so obviously there is not just one way to make any particular plant).

#175624 - 10/25/08 12:35 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: LadyCFII]
VBlue Offline

I got the reptans but can't get the spotted....any clues on how to get a spotted reptans?? I've tried mutating the scandens which gave me the reptans but I keep getting the mela, venamous, and citrus reptans...can't get a spotted.

HELP!!

#175628 - 10/25/08 01:11 PM Re: Making Spotted or Citrus Reptans and Ball Cactus [Re: VBlue]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
The only flower that may make a reptans by Mutation is a Painted! \:\/
So you need to have a lot of Painted Reptans or Spotted Scandens and try to mutate them one by one!

The other manner is to buy the good seed!

Good luck! \:\)

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter