Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 101 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23 24 >
Topic Options
#100555 - 10/04/07 03:55 AM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: angiejoy]
majeters Offline

my biggest gripe is the seed storage. what gardener wants to throw away seeds because of space constraints? I realize that it is a strategic part of the game, but I find it more frustrating than fun. the fun of the game is cross breeding and collecting bugs. not deciding what to throw away, and reaping the consequences of my choices.

second biggest gripe is time between growing. 42 minutes to bud; 5-6 minutes till maturation; another 5-10 too collect seeds; then wait for the peoples to oogle the plants, waiting and yelling at them to buy my plants. I don't mind the last part. (my wife laughs her [censored] off when I start to rant). my suggestion, and it should be easy, is to add another speed setting at 2Xfast to trim it down to about a half hour per cycle even 15 minutes (would please alot of us). and I would suggest another setting to make the budding process last around 9 hours so we can plant the seeds and go to work. then when we get home the plants are almost ready for snipping, spraying and cross pollinating.

#100556 - 10/04/07 04:47 AM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: majeters]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
on slow it takes about 8 hours, doesn't it?

#100557 - 10/04/07 05:13 AM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Sailorben]
Mike1944 Offline

Loc: California, U.S.A.
I would like to have it where you could change the prices on your plants in the nursery if they are not selling.

#100560 - 10/04/07 05:47 AM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: eyeshigh]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Originally Posted By: eyeshigh
on slow it takes about 8 hours, doesn't it?
No, six hours. 315 minutes for budding and 45 more minutes for maturity.

And I agree that the timing for the different levels could be improved. I'd rather have normal be somewhat faster and slow be 8-9 hours also.

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#100564 - 10/04/07 06:46 AM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: sfrose]
ThijssjihT Offline

I completely agree with sfrose. But please don't change the time it takes for your seeds to bud! If you want it to be short, you can use Instant-grow formulae and Instand-grow vaporbombs. There are enough plants to sell for a price high enough to pay those supplies, and making money. And I play PT in windowed mode. While PT is running, I first take good care of my plants, and then I go to this forum, play guitar or keyboard, do push-ups, or do my homework. I mostly play PT for some brakes. (Is this good English? I'm from Holland...)

#100565 - 10/04/07 06:58 AM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: ThijssjihT]
ThijssjihT Offline

Second thougt about the budding time: Why not make the time a plant to bud compare to it's health? Irl a healthy plant doesn't only grow stronger than those who aren't, but they also take less time to grow.

And I would like to see that you can sell seeds easier. I store 2 seeds of each plant. When I have my greenhouse all filled with 1 specie with 3-5 seeds on it, I have to move my mouse approx. 60 times from plant to trash. It would be a lot easier to move 1 seed a time while using the left mouse button, and all the seeds of that plant with the right mouse button. Or make a button to press to sell all the seeds of the selected plant at once.

#100589 - 10/04/07 01:42 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: ThijssjihT]
Funkiroller Offline
Expert

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
BIGGEST GRIPE? It would have to be the seed storage! You should be able to keep seeds from every plant. If you had 1 slot for each seed and you could store as many of each seed in it as you want, that would be cool.
Second BIGGEST GRIPE? That would be a turner for pruning. On some of the plants you can't really see the dead stuff. If I could by a turner to spin them around, that would solve the problem. I know that one is asking for a little too much.

#100603 - 10/04/07 03:31 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Funkiroller]
Gamemastr1 Offline
Graphics Wizard

This is something I thought of from the beginning. It would have been nice to have a simple database in the game. Some place where people can track x-breeds and prices and other info. This would definately cut down on the number of charts on the forum. Yes I think the charts are helpful for some but for me I am the type of person who wants to figure it out themselves. The people making these charts have put some time and effort into them but for me, I don't use them as I am subborn that way. \:D But a text-based database would be so helpful and would keep it in the game and not have the need to create one on the "outside". Some people do not have spreadsheet software, although I do, and probably have sheets and sheets of paper strewn about their desk.

#101528 - 10/08/07 02:02 AM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Sailorben]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
I'd like to see the ability to trim the trees differently. Something like a Bonsai tree. The branches would look nicer if you weren't clipping a big chunk out of the tree. \:\)

#101532 - 10/08/07 02:15 AM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Krystal]
Algorithm Offline
Trainee

Loc: maryland
Originally Posted By: Krystal
... Bonsai tree ...
In the image folder there are pictures of unused plants and one of the unused plants is a bonsai tree.

Page 3 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23 24 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter