Virtual Families 3 feedback

Posted by: Canario

Virtual Families 3 feedback - 10/02/20 12:10 PM

Here's my feedback:
When they are reading a book, they do not sit on the couch but on the floor grin

I like the new skintones and I love that clothes can now be stored. smile

When I first played, and my little person got married, he was two steps higher on the living room's stairs so when they "kissed" they were away from each other and it lookes weird. I made another save in my phone and I did not notice if that also happened there (It could be just my game, like, random), has that happened to anyone else? confused

Besides the book and the marriage, I barely noticed anymore bugs. I am really curious for the house's backstory, that ghost keeps me wondering what could have happened before laugh

I can see it become popular when the desktop versions are released! (Just wait for all those simmers tired of EA grin )
Posted by: dawnjm

Re: Virtual Families 3 feedback - 10/09/20 06:14 PM

My game crashes every 15 minutes or so, sometimes half hour??
Posted by: Outcast Cat

Re: Virtual Families 3 feedback - 10/20/20 10:18 PM

personally, I'm not a huge fan of the new models, it makes them seem slower, even the children. I do like the new skin tones and the gay-friendly marriages!
Posted by: Crazeefroggy

Re: Virtual Families 3 feedback - 10/21/20 06:56 PM

I want to stay by saying that I love the Virtual Family/Villager franchise I've played every game. Both the mobile versions and the PC games. I've been a fan from the beginning.

Now the issues I'm having with this game.

1. The children start life depressed and are constantly depressed. All of them. I keep a full kitchen there are toys and entertainment inside and out. They do family activities. Nothing helps. I just wind up with a house full of depressed children waiting on adulthood.

2. I'm 8 generations in and the amount of money coming in and the time my family members spend working had decreased. I continue to promote them to work but they aren't bringing in enough money to cover household expenses like grocery's, repair the computer that has broken twice in the last 12 hours or any other household item my family members can't fix themselves, and buying DVDs to try to make the children happy, and the medicine for the constant rotation of diseases. From the time of a new generation to the staff of the next when all is said and done there is maybe 1 promotion and only$400 left over for the next generation. How am I supposed to afford the bigger house expansions? Or even bring my luxury up? It's like your trying to force me to buy gems to continue the game as opposed to it being an option for faster results.

3. The ghost girl story. First it bothers me that there is a ghost in this at all. I would like to reach a point where she goes away but I'm 8 generations in and there is no new developments. One of my family members will randomly decide to "research" but after spending a minute on the computer nothing. No new info or clues come up. It's been that way for at least 5 generations now.
Posted by: Suki01

Re: Virtual Families 3 feedback - 10/21/20 07:30 PM

Hi, I just wanted to say that the ghost girl story has resolved itself, I’m on third generation, don’t know why yours has taken so long. I wasn’t a big fan either, glad she’s gone
Posted by: VLFan2

Re: Virtual Families 3 feedback - 10/21/20 11:42 PM

Most of my children also start out depressed and stay that way for years and like you they have plenty of food, and toys and I even have a maid to keep the house clean so there isn't any reason for them to be depressed all the time.

I'm 10 generations in and I still have the ghost girl and I wish she would just go away too.
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: Virtual Families 3 feedback - 10/22/20 01:45 PM

Crazeefroggy, I noticed that you mentioned gems in your feedback. Were you one of the Google Play beta testers? If you were, please let me know. There is something we can do to improve your game experience.
Posted by: Crazeefroggy

Re: Virtual Families 3 feedback - 10/22/20 05:25 PM

Yes I was a beta tester

Re: Virtual Families 3 feedback - 10/23/20 08:44 AM

I wonder if there is anything you can do to improve my game experience. I have the gem version. I was able to get into the game and start playing on September 04, 2020 and at first my game did say Beta on it but I don't think I was an official Beta tester.
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: Virtual Families 3 feedback - 10/23/20 02:00 PM

Correction:

I've checked into this a bit more, and it turns out that our customer support team doesn't currently have the capability to do what I suggested. I do apologize for the misunderstanding. We will look at improving our support capabilities, but I can't promise that we'll have a solution any time soon, if at all.

Crazeefroggy, thanks for confirming that you were a beta tester. VLFan2, you didn't actually have to "sign up" to be a beta tester. It was an open beta on Google Play, so anyone who downloaded VF3 before mid-September received a beta version.

Both of you can request to have your game switched to the coin-only version of the game, which you should find more familiar.

To do that, open VF3 on your device, tap Menu, then Settings, then tap the green Contact Support button (above the Done button at the lower right). That will open an email containing the information that the support team needs to locate your game data, so make sure you leave the pre-filled information intact. At the bottom of the email, tell them that you want to switch from the gem version of the game to the coin-only version of the game.

I hope that helps you get more enjoyment from VF3! laugh

Re: Virtual Families 3 feedback - 10/29/20 03:48 AM

Thanks LadyCFII and Keegan! I have had the coin only version of the game for about 1 day now and I like it much better! My kids are happy now and so are the parents. And I've even had previous family members visit the family.
Posted by: Susan Woolery

Re: Virtual Families 3 feedback - 12/28/21 05:53 AM

Can anyone tell me if they are having issues since the update when the pets & ads were added to the game. I have had several trophies disappear, since my 2nd generation I have had my “six pack” & “a even dozen” goal completed & now it says it’s not & I’ve had to do them over, well, my last generation I completed the “six pack” & since I’ve started another generation & now it says I need to complete it again. Also, the “it’s not a pyramid” goal makes me complete it now everyday. Also, I have completed the “as big as it gets” goal & it says it’s completed but I haven’t gotten the trophy. I also have a question, how do you spend money on a family trip? Also, I have the large dining room table so I can feed 8 people at a time but since the update it won’t let me put anyone to sit down to a meal, it will let the adult prepare a meal & if for some reason you interrupt someone going to sit down to a meal & then try to put them back they just say they are too young for that or if it’s an adult it will say they are preparing another meal but yet there is food on the table. What’s going on? Especially with the trophies, I don’t want to have to redo those goals everyday or every generation. Please get these fixed. I’ve sent emails to customer support but haven’t gotten any response other than they have received it. Thanks for any help.

Re: Virtual Families 3 feedback - 01/02/22 06:21 AM

Can anyone tell me how to spend money on vacation?
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: Virtual Families 3 feedback - 01/07/22 03:32 AM

Hi Susan! If you’re asking about family trips and how to spend money while on one, perhaps to complete the “Boujie Holiday - Spend $5000 while on family trips” goal, here’s a bit of information that I hope will help. If that’s not what you were asking about, please let us know.

- Every now and then players are presented with opportunities to take their virtual family on a family trip. When a family trip is available, there will be a small “map” icon in the upper-left corner of the game, and a camper will be parked in the family’s driveway at the lower-right of the screen. Tap either the map icon or the camper to begin the trip process.

- Sometimes the player can purchase items while on a family trip, such as the family trip to the mall, and the family trip to the beach. In those cases, after the player begins the family trip process, a window will pop up letting them know that their little family could use some spending money for the trip, see attached example. Set the amount that you’re willing to let your peeps spend while on the trip and tap the “Buy” button. You’re not actually buying the coins, you’re just ‘setting aside’ coins from the family’s bank account that can be spent on items during the family trip. The family will not spend more than you’ve set aside for them, and any coins they didn’t spend are added back to the bank when they return home. Any coins spent on items during the family trip will increment the “Boujie Holiday” goal.

Re: Virtual Families 3 feedback - 01/07/22 06:55 AM

Thank you, I’ve never had this option come up to spend money or to take a vacation that can spend any money on, I’ve only had holiday things & haven’t been able to purchase anything yet. Can you tell me also how to get the ornamentologist trophy? I thought maybe I would collect ornaments a Christmas in my yard but that didn’t happen, how do I get those?
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: Virtual Families 3 feedback - 01/07/22 10:27 PM

You're very welcome Susan! The ornamentologist goal can only be met by collecting all 12 of the ornament collectibles. Yes, it makes perfect sense that the ornaments would show up in the yard over the the winter holiday. I'm not sure why that didn't happen. confused I do recall the ornaments also showing up last year for a short time separate from the winter holiday. Hopefully it'll happen again so that we can all add to our ornament collection. smile Have fun with your virtual family!