BFG Version vs FTP version: How different?

Posted by: ladiestorm

BFG Version vs FTP version: How different? - 02/19/19 11:36 PM

I've seen some postings here in the forums, and I've seen some youtube videos about certain puzzles if I get stuck. And I'm noticing some differences between the free to play version of this game, and the one that is purchased through Big Fish Games (which is the game I have).

What I want to know, is are there some things you get, or can do, with the free to play version that you just don't get with the purchased version?

For example: I never got the Huron... of course, I don't have the rock that his nest is perched on, either... am I supposed to somehow craft that nest?

I've made a holiday light, and I've seen in a videos that there is a way to string holiday lights in the trees, but I haven't been able to do that.

There seems to be a tree house that can be built... but I have never received that option.

And then there are the resources that I can't seem to do anything with, such as the reeds and needle grass, the silk once it's made, the holiday light, the steam and the energy. Am I just wasting time gathering and crafting these things?
Posted by: RudyToo

Re: BFG Version vs FTP version: How different? - 02/20/19 01:03 AM

We get a lemur in the BF version but not a heron so no nest, I read a post that said the holiday lights could only be strung during the holidays but I assume it only worked in the free version. I have not found any use for the silk, steam or energy either.
Posted by: loceschaos

Re: BFG Version vs FTP version: How different? - 02/20/19 03:42 PM

Playing on both windows 10 and mobile. Both free versions and I have not found anything to do with silk or holiday lights. You shouldn't have to craft steam but find it where lava hits water by the love shack. I don't remember what I used energy for but I try to keep at least one of everything for the trade boat because its a great way to get tech points fast. I use http://nothingviral.blogspot.com/2017/12/virtual-villagers-origins-2-resources.html for most of my crafting questions.