Playing Virtual Town AFTER Plant Tycoon is Surreal

Posted by: Corylea

Playing Virtual Town AFTER Plant Tycoon is Surreal - 07/04/17 03:07 PM

I love Plant Tycoon -- I've played it a lot, because I love feeling like a plant geneticist, conducting experiments -- and when I played Virtual Town for the first time a couple of days ago, I was really surprised to see Fourpetal Maples just sitting there. Hey, that's a magic plant; it's the Magic Tree of Fragrance! How come it's not in a golden pot?

It's kinda fun to see some of my old favorite plants in a new game, but it's also kind of weird to see them treated as just ordinary plants. I guess there's no magic in Virtual Town. :-)
Posted by: Hydra14

Re: Playing Virtual Town AFTER Plant Tycoon is Surreal - 07/04/17 03:49 PM

I believe plants have magical and "unmagical" instances.
For example, in a further point of game you will have a
Click to reveal..
Legendary Black Orchid, while ones bred by yourself will be completely ordinary.
There's also a reference to Fabled Rose of Isola. But it's currently unavailable
Posted by: Hydra14

Re: Playing Virtual Town AFTER Plant Tycoon is Surreal - 07/04/17 03:49 PM

I believe plants have magical and "unmagical" instances.
For example, in a further point of game you will have a
Click to reveal..
Legendary Black Orchid, while ones bred by yourself will be completely ordinary.
There's also a reference to Fabled Rose of Isola. But it's currently unavailable
Posted by: Ruby L

Re: Playing Virtual Town AFTER Plant Tycoon is Surreal - 07/04/17 08:55 PM

Hmm. Seems to me much of the magic left town when the developers stopped creating and releasing updates for the game. I used to adore this game and its predecessors (Virtual Families). frown