A little know fact....

Posted by: Aviatrix

A little know fact.... - 09/08/16 08:57 PM

This probably won't help any of you AT ALL, but I have discovered that Houseflies really, really like the Legendary Black Orchid (LBO). I started a new game and since it seems it will be a while before the story moves forward, I just planted the LBO in my Mayor's front yard and didn't do anything else with it. Lo and behold, I can harvest 5 or more Houseflies off of it each day, and I'm not playing that much.

Re: A little know fact.... - 09/15/16 11:29 PM

I suspected the behavior I observed is because the LBO is classified as a weed, not a flower. One of my townies was looking at it the other day and her text said "Looking at an ugly weed" so it looks like I was right about that. It's a special weed, of course, but it can't act like a regular flower which is why I suppose it's not classified as a flower. The bounty of houseflies is just a bonus.

I can't remember if the ground "heals" when you pluck the LBO (as it does for weeds and veggies) or if it leave a hole to be filled in. I'm not pulling this one anytime soon. Does anyone remember?
Posted by: Simsane

Re: A little know fact.... - 09/17/16 05:41 AM

I'm pretty sure the ground fills in like when you pull up a weed or the veggies. It's been a while so I could be wrong.

Re: A little know fact.... - 09/25/16 06:31 AM

I remembered that I had a device without VT on it. Since this could be tested with only one overnight, I started up a new game and tested it. Unlike a weed, the LBO leaves a hole when it is plucked.